Sigh.. This games balance.

If I have to abuse meta items, like the bow as pred, to take down the FT, then there is a serious balance issue. You said I have tools but you didnt name any other than that. Thats not a seperation tool either, simply a 2 shot ez down, which can then be baited for a second down at least usually.

As for the FT, obviously prioritizing targets is necessary. But you are most likely going to down the target thats further away from the others. Its usually the supports and assaults nowadays that seperate and chase though, the scouts know they will get fucked.

I do play FT, and I have plenty of shit thats dumb af from that perspective too. Im just saying, this game is poorly balanced. From both sides.

Thatā€™s kind of contradictoryā€¦ It cannot be unbalanced from both sides. Either is tilted to one or the other. If it is ā€œunbalancedā€ on both, then it is balanced.

2 Likes

No, its not, not really.

Ive broken down a million times at this point why the game is unbalanced. But to put it simply,

Weapons are completely unbalanced on both sides and range from ass to fucking bullshit.

Match length/time is so heavily skewed in FTā€™s favor that a coordinated ft become impossible to kill unless they make a mistake. If Im only ever winning because you fucked up, something is wrong.

Cloak STILL gives away preds EXACT fucking location with its clicking bs.

Etc.

The reason that games go both ways right now is not because of ā€œgood balanceā€. Its about who can abuse the shitty gameplay design better.

Oh preds cloaked, I can now tell exactly where he is unless he decloaks and then spot him for the whole team. That alone puts enough pressure on pred to fuck him up the entire match.

Oh the FT are grouped togetherā€¦ Ill just follow them and hope they split because thats literally the only play I can make if I didnt bring a bow. If they dont this match will be over in 5 min.

Oh Pred netted the entire team and keeps netting us while he murders us all? guess ill die.

I could honestly keep going till I hit the max. Im not gonna argue anymore, if you havent seen these issues by now, there aint nothing I can do to change that.

When issues like this exist, skill stops being a factor, and luck is about all you have at your side. Because theres only so much you can do.

This is why pred players bitch that FT is too strong

and FT bitch that pred is too strong.

From either side there is fat amounts of Bullshit. and its near impossible to fight. And thats not fun. Its only gotten worse as more players get better (or the bad ones leave) because now two months later, I am coming across more matches with skilled players abusing meta weapons, than I am coming across the teams that are absolutely useless.

Which in a sense is a good thing. Sometimes when good players arent abusing the metas, the fights are really fun. But as soon as you get even one person with a meta weapon, or thats rushing objectives down fast af, or thats spotting you infinitely from sound, or thats playing a berzerker and running the beefiest perks and strongest melee weapons, trying his best to rush you, (which is a problem when you are like me and you play mostly solo), etc.

It quickly stops being fun. Also, this is an assymetrical game. not saying I want pred to be easy, but he needs to have better ways to control the match, split up the FT, etc.

The pred has tools to deal with whatever the FT do. If theyā€™re staying grouped, slam and run. There are perks for slam and run builds. If someone is aggressively hunting me down, I net them and slash. Sometimes itā€™s a matter of patience.

Personally, when I play as pred, I try to make it fun for FT by being a menace, maybe take out 1 or 2. Matches where pred jumps in and wipes everyone immediately are boring.

1 Like

I would just like to throw this out there. On ps4 at least, the bow is 100% not meta. It is super hard to land hits with it using a controller and it still gives away your position because for some reason arrows leave light trails in this game. Also the arrows frequently veer off course or straight up go through players becauseā€¦Illfonic.

1 Like

What do you mean by not winning? The whole team escapes? You get killed and self destruct? You get killed and secured? One person escapes? Honestly, as long as youā€™re getting trophies every match, are you really even losing. Personally, I always have fun playing predator, but I always play carefully enough to not have to self destruct. Really, 5 or 6 trophies for one escape is worth it. This game needs the fireteam to have fun, or there will be nobody to hunt.

4 Likes

I mean really the overall problem with regards to balance in this game is as you reach the skill ceiling on either side the FT is overwhelmingly more effective. In literally no scenario does the predator have any advantage. Mind you, this is against a good team. Not potatoes. He canā€™t take as much damage as FT thanks to instant heals they get. Heā€™s not faster. He has zero stealth. Every aspect of the games sound is meant to give him away. Cloak is largely ineffective. None of his melee weapons can compete with the knife. His ranged weapons are slow moving light bright projectiles vs hit scan. In short, the game is assymetrical the wrong way.

5 Likes

That sums it up for me

THANK YOU!

4 Likes

I actually have a video of a ft parring my sickle 6 times in rapid succession in the last 20 seconds of the match.

FT does not have instant heals, STIM is regeneration. This is important since you still need to make sure you donā€™t hit or the pred is going to kill you trough it.
The predator has around 1200 HP. A FT can at most has 190 HP, support with perk. The regeneration doe snot heal you to full. The predator can almost 1 shoot you with spear (for example).
The predator can take a lot more then a FT, now if all 4 are shooting at you and youā€™re not movingā€¦ Yeah, you melt as youā€™re supposed to!

1 Like

Bow is extremely powerful just on PS, that is very true.

Iā€™m including downs, damage taken while down, and revives into the equation. The amount of damage one FT can take before actually dying is ludicrous.
Edit: and that doesnā€™t even include the magical reinforce

That is a bald-faced lie.

And to everybody else. Youā€™re the whiniest, weakest predators I could have ever imagined. Iā€™m new to these asymmetrical games, but if you think the predator should not have to put a lot of effort into claiming trophies, you donā€™t deserve to be predators and illfonic should have never made this game.

1 Like

Explain? I personally routinely run predators down as scout and recon. And Iā€™m not even very good as FT. The real key to their speed is the unlimited stamina. And yes, the predator has zero stealth. A good FT with headphones will just about always know your location either visually or (especially) with audio. If you donā€™t agree thatā€™s totally fine, but feel free to shove it with calling me a liar.

1 Like

Anyone with headphones can find predator easily just by sound whoring

That being said I agree, pred shouldnt have it particularly easy. I just find that the balance around this game is based on exploits rather than fun. Thats why I bitch about balance so much. Being sound whored as pred isnt fun. It makes no sense. Nor does having to hit someone 5+times depending on the weapon. However as FT, being able to mag dump pred, or chase him around with a knife, isnt fun.

Assymetrical games arent supposed to be balanced. But this game CAN be. The problem is, it tries too fucking hard to copy different types of assyms and make pred the big bad, but fails miserably because the gameplay doesnt support it.

I think thatā€™s a pretty fair analysis. Nobody wants to be totally dominated, and so the FT should be capable. But the game seems to be structured around helping new players find balance. But with experienced players those mechanics have the opposite effect.

Yeah once you know whats good and what isnt its easy af to exploit stuff.

Achieving a more stealth focused game would make balancing easier, as pred no longer needs to have health reliant on the entire FT shooting him at once.

Plus it only makes sense. This is a predator game, not evolve. If you want to play FT like hunters than this game shouldnt be that. Sorry. FT should be about survival. about playing smart. not bullying pred.