Sigh.. This games balance.

For the first time in 2 months now I think, I am getting back into the game, and whoo boy. The difference between a coordinated and uncoordinated team is still ridiculous. Night and day is an understatement.

Not to mention, how useless half the melee weapons still are. Jesus. That sickle sucks dick, Which is a shame because I find it to be pretty damn cool. But unfortunately fashion means nothing when the weapon is so buttfuck useless lol

fireteams that chase pred are still quite annoying, though tbh I cant help myself and I try to brawl with them and kill myself in the process. But tbh getting bullied like that isnt fun anyway so I just want the match to end as soon as I see them pulling that shit lol

I really hope this new gamemode and map are gonna be good, because if they dont come with a balance pass this is gonna beā€¦ interesting to say the least. My popcorn is already ready.

9 Likes

I feel you, man. I have a rebuttal, but in the spirit of friendship.

It is tough, but still entirely possible, to still be deadly and capitalize on FT mistakes while fleeing from them.

I often play against what I can only describe as top-tier competition within my circle of friends, and even then I can get a lobby wipe here and there.

I am not personally aware of your level of experience with the game, but if youā€™d ever like to ā€œtalk shopā€, let me know. I am not a good Predator, but I have stolen good tactics from good Predators and it has improved my game dramatically.

Iā€™d be up for that. Always looking for new ideas

@Weevo540 Hell yeah, man. Iā€™ve heard youā€™re a great Pred. You will probably have some things to teach me!

Iron sharpens iron.

Oh gosh thanks. I would say Iā€™m OK. Canā€™t hop on now gotta get back to work but Iā€™ll be on later āœŒļø

When I played alot I felt above average but im a lil rusty now so im just slow af

1 Like

The game feels kinda balanced when Iā€™m facing other PS4 players. The problem begins when I turn corssplay on and I have to deal with the insane PC squads.

Yeah, melee weapons are useless. I mostly use long range weapons to dish out damage.

Maybe you didnā€™t have enough exposure with the sickle but it is, without a doubt the most OP weapon in the Pred arsenal. You cannot parry it as Fireteam. At all. And if you do? You can INSTANTLY follow up with un parriable melee attack. Balance is broken af for both Pred and Fireteam weapons. They nerfed parrying to a point where there is no point in playing the game further.

I mean thats not true I still get parried quite frequently with the predtana, so its still effective.

I havent had enough exposure to the sickle, but not being parryable doesnt matter if I have to hit them 5 fucking times, giving the FT plenty of time to roast my health.

True, but there exists a glitch if you keep spamming melee attack, you can get 2-3 hits almost simultaneously, this game is broken as fuck. It happens more often when youā€™re on un-even terrain. This glitch also happens with almost every melee weapon. So that being said, you literally cannot stop damage from the predator as a single fireteam member, and you have no choice other than to die.

I didnt know that. Thats not surprising tho

1 Like

Found out that that elder sword works through walls. Iā€™m all for making predator melee actually useful but not like that šŸ˜…

2 Likes

I can confirm that this glitch happens. Iā€™m not sure on the conditions, but uneven terrain might have something to do with it.

1 Like

Ive seen it a few times but its so rare that I didnt really think it was being abused. Always happens to me when I dont want it to

Yeahā€¦ preds that donā€™t let the FT complete the objective and exfil are also annoying, LOL

You donā€™t like being chased? Keep your distance. Let them complete the mission and engage only on exfil and/or with ranged attacks. Me and other players I play with will rarely go chasing down the pred unless we think he is a ā€œthreatā€ that will not allow us to complete the daily/weekly challenges.

1 Like

The fact that you can say this and mean it in an assymetrical game is kinda sad tbh lol! but thats really the game we have rn

1 Like

Problem is tactics. The game is designed so the Predator will have a very hard time taking down a coordinated-stick-together FT. Otherwise the game would be pointless. You have to try your best to separate them and engage one on one. Thatā€™s how hunting works. If you think engaging a full FT head on and winning should be allowed, then the game should be renamed to ā€œPredator Slaughterhouse Groundsā€

2 Likes

Except you have no tools to seperate them. Doing anything as pred only forces them together.

letting them complete objectives, only forces you to rush

trying to fight melee takes 4-7 hits depending on the melee weapon, by that time any seperation that you may have gotten is void, and you are gonna get melted.

There is no hunting either. Its just press a button and oh shit I know where yall are now. Then I have three options, Use ranged weapons (which are really dumb strong and not that hard to hit shots with), Run in and melee 1 person down at a time, or wait around and hope to god the FT is dumb enough to split up. But they have no reason to, literally ever. And even when they do, they can regroup so fast that pred never gets to capitalize.

so uhā€¦ Yeah.

You have tools. Specially when they chase you down. It is very unusual for a FT to be a single class. Take scouts and recon first, those are the ones that will chase you down and more than likely will get separated from the others. Use the bow. That charged arrow will down them immediately. I cannot agree with you because I play with coordinated FT and Iā€™d say itā€™s like a 60-40 win-lose ratio when we play. If other predators are able to take us down, then the game does not have a balance problem. You just need to keep learning.

Also, play FT. I have found that most Preds complaining about balance rarely play FT. Best players on both sides actually play both sides, in order to understand the advantages, disadvantages and tactics of each other.

1 Like