‘Skull’ Is an Origin Story About the First Time a Predator Comes to Earth;...

I know of dog soliders (never watched it-ppl follow low budget for various reasons), and from what i heard it was very influenced by JCs aliens (in terms of character development- not sure of thats a plus foranyone but fans of that onefilm). But i really never seen low budget films that i can remember that lived up to anything but less than cult followings-but cult followings these days are large.

Lol it’s basically were wolfs but scarier

1 Like

I hope so. Still haven’t seen it. I hope i’m not dissappointed. I mean films like these are only used to do one thing, promote the skills of whomever worked on it. I remember the creature look was the most impressive aspect of this film. not sure of everything else. there were some notable actors in it i remember (Sean Pertwee, Liam Cunningham).

But in comparison to the linked predator fan film well i dont think fan film can compare to actual dedicated union based/actors guild films.

1 Like

I guess but the idea of a Indian woman just shows producers are lazy and using fan films to ruin a franchise when if they listen to fans would avoid this debate

fans dont know shit for fucks sakes
. Fans include 5 year olds.

Aw well 5 yr olds shouldn’t be watching rated R movies now should they lol but the fans I mean by adults, I mean look at the terminator movies for example, all of them after 2 just sucked, then James got back on the boat and finished it with dark fate ( comic book reference to) but it sucked, all because he didn’t hear what fans want and that’s a war in the future leading to sky nets down fall but all we got was the video game, PS5 update to where you can play as a terminator finally! it’s so good lol

God this is going to make The Predator look like a masterpiece

Well really if they did listen to the fans the environment would be very different.

We’d have another AVP film by now or at least another game that wasn’t mobile, we’d have had 1 or 2 sequels after Predator 2, we’d have stayed on the game preserve, we’d have a sequel or even a spiritual successor to Concrete Jungle.

The problem has always been Fox. They’re the guys that approve things, they’re the guys who ultimately sign the checks and they’ve sat on properties in favor of the X-men films. Ironically when Marvel and Disney came and wanted to do stuff with the catalogue the lawsuit happened. Fox basically sat on shit up until the last minute. We really wouldn’t be in this mess at all had they listened to people but they always steer the ship away from stuff we’re actually looking to buy or just abandoning for years at a time. They got the papers apparently in 2016 and they planned for a prequel during that time. A time when they knew the time with the franchise was finite.

Like I hate to say it but Disney was probably the best thing to happen to the franchise because we wouldn’t be without content.

It’s gonna be bad.

Director did one episode of The Boys and got fired. And that one episode is the only thing that matters in his biography and now he’s directing a Predator movie.

It’s gonna bomb so bad. 😂

2 Likes

Are you sure he was fired, or he just did the pilot episode? They have different directors for almost every episode. “Dan Trachtenberg is an American filmmaker and podcast host. He directed the 2016 horror-thriller film 10 Cloverfield Lane which earned him a Directors Guild of America Award nomination for Outstanding Directing - First-Time Feature Film.”

I don’t care what is canon and not canon, i accept the fact that AVP and AVPR, and forgive my sin, The Predator/PHG are canon and build upon the lore, even though people don’t want them to be

I actually like how the game expanded on the lore. That’s my favorite part.

2 Likes

Same brother

I’m not sure but if he was good enough, he would probably do some more. Cloverfield…those movies sucked ass after the 1st pt.

All in all, I’m not optimistic. Fairly anonymous director, no clue who the actors are etc.
If it goes str8 to Hulu, ye it’s gonna suck for sure.

Have you seen the movie?
Have you seen it?

Alien covenant was made from the demand of the fans and it sucked, I think the director should have his personality

Ya if your a Prometheus fan lol but it actually brought the series back to the actual thing that matters, the Xenomorphs

I’m glad this game isn’t canon as well

Maybe its the first Human hunt? Because maybe before that they only consider Xenomorphs worthy since the humans didn’t have any weapons that could really threaten them maybe?

All the lore Suggests up till the Pirate Mutiny Instance the Xenomorphs and there Hunts like in AvP where the only reason to return to earth!

Then maybes after they lost all the livestock to the white man in the late 1400 they decided the next Hunt will be Humans or they Come to Earth for the Xeno hunt to find the ppl they used as sacrifices where gone they turned to humans?

I meant the article you derp.