So, is the new meta that the FT hunts the Predator with a knife now?

I’m just curious, as the last few games I had last night, the Fire Team spent more time trying to hunt me down, or climb on the roofs of the Timber yard in Derailed and just snipe me? Literally 3 PC players ignored the objective and climbed on the roof and snipped me constantly that I couldn’t go anywhere, even when cloaked. It was so annoying that one of the FT players left the match, and the remaining 3 just wanted to snipe.

I’m a PC player myself on both FT and Predator. When I go up against PS4 players I switch from keyboard n mouse to my xbox controller to even things out, but I’ve noticed as of recently that PC FT members literally just want to either snipe or chase me down with a knife? Is this the new normal now, as It really seems silly in my opinion.

I’m not a bad Predator or FT player and I’d say I have a fair few wins and losses equally on both sides, but after the recent 1.10 update and when I play Pred, it’s me who is the prey, and being chased over the map. There is no stealth element for me being the hunter.

Maybe it’s just me, but just wanted to know what everyone else opinion was.

Cheers

3 Likes

It’s been happening for weeks now. The only way to counter this, or at least how I counter it and works like 3/5 times, is to play super aggresive and stick close enough to them. Netgun is mandatory. And no second chances. Especially on Derailed. Once you killed 3, you don’t let reinforce. Less XP, but you’ll feel better about yourself not dying

2 Likes

Yea, well the last round I plaid was on Overgrowth and 3 out of 4 players were PC players, so I did what you mentioned and switched out my disc for the net gun. It worked, but one of the PC players seemed unaffected and seemed to brake free within seconds, so not sure on that. The net does seem to be mandatory, and it did help a fair bit last night. The net gun in combination with the shoulder cannon is a pretty awesome mix, and even better when playing as an Elder.

The ignoring objectives though is a big thing at the moment. I know that the devs need to add more new or extend the mission objectives a little, and we definitely need at least one new map to freshen things up, but the current way that games play out is not fun playing as a Predator. To spend 6-10 minutes to wait for a game, all for it to be over in 5 minutes, or to be constantly chased with a butter knife is not fun at all. @Courier @IllFonic, please, look into this.

1 Like

Yep. I got extremely bored of the game because of this. Played just one round today as predator and it was enough. I’m sick of waiting a lot and having to end the FT quick before they end me. Only against PS players is fun atm.
Plus I already know what’s it going to be depending on map. If it’s Derailed, I’m ending it quick. If it’s Overgrowth, I can farm and hold out long. If it’s Backwater… The map ends me before the FT.

2 Likes

So true, which is a shame. PS4 players actually try hard to play the game. I know a lot of people say that PS4 players rage quit often and that is pretty true, but its also the same for PC players and they seem to quit as much if not more, when they get downed which is not only childish, but its poor sportsmanship.

Also, playing Pred on PC with a controller is pretty awesome. It takes a while to get used too, but boy does the Predator look sweet slowly creeping about. The movement is pretty top notch I must admit. Its a shame that for a stealthy hunter, I just dont feel it anymore lol.

1 Like

I’ve seen more PC players quit. If I down one in the first minute, he’s quitting 100%.

1 Like

@TheWalis84 For my Trapper class I use net gun and trapper perk. PC players can still spam 5x quicker with keyboard than controller.

1 Like

Really? wow that’s bad. And even worse its totally unfair, especially if say that one PC player is with 3 other PS4 players. Thats basically leaving them for dead really.

Also people who rage quit need to grow up. They are cancer

1 Like

Sweet. Has it been confirmed that the trapper perk works with the net gun? I know that its primarily for the bear traps, but there was talk that it also effects the netgun?

2 Likes

It does affect the netgun aswell.

2 Likes

Ahh, well then that might change things up a little. I always try and have modified reserve equipped being a Plasma Caster player, so I might drop fearless for this instead. Also, this would come in super handy playing with the new Elder class, which by the way is phenomenal. Actually, I had my mask shot off yesterday (the three PC roof snipers) and it was pretty awesome to see the Elder without his mask.

The elders roar seems different aswell in the end screen. If you’re succesful that is.

1 Like

It is. Its the same as the one used in the launch trailer when the Berserker gets his Bio mask shot off. Pretty awesome!

So you’re playing Elder mostly now? What perks are you using?

1 Like

Yeah, well I switched back and fourth yesterday from the Jungle Hunter 87 to Elder, as I dont want to overuse the Elder as he is like my favorite Predator, and a big fan of him since we saw him in Predator 2.

I’m currently using large pouch, fearless (for the wrist blades and Elder sword) and Modified reserve. I might switch out fearless for Trapper considering I can equip bear traps,sound decoys and medkits with the Elder, and if it works with the Netgun as well, then its probably worth it.

I did play around with using Impenetrable, but the Elder can tank pretty well with or without it.

1 Like

I’d rather switch modified reserve with fearless. When you run out of PC energy, switch to netgun and melee down. Impenetrable feels useless anyway… I did one match shooting plasma from trees only. Combined with the reduced dmg in trees, impenetrable did something… But it’s totally not worth it.

1 Like

I think this Elder Predator ISNT from Predator 2. Ghost is a City Hunter and I “think” he will be coming soon as a skin or something.

2 Likes

Elders do appear in 2 in the ship!

1 Like

Possibly, but there are certain parts of him which cry out Predator 2 Elder. The broken tusk with the pierced jewelry attached, and the skull trophy’s and the big giveaway being the target lock on laser on his shoulder cannon. I know its been leaked that we are getting the City Hunter at some point which is awesome. Would also love that we get some of the other “lost Predators” seen at the end of Predator 2 too.

1 Like