So, is the new meta that the FT hunts the Predator with a knife now?

Sweet, I will consider dropping Modified reserve then, but it might get a bit of getting used too as Im so used to having it on most of my Predator builds.

The only energy related perk that feels like it does something is cooling syncs.

I’ll have a play around this evening when I finish work. The Elder is pretty versatile though, so Im pretty happy with how he currently plays and handles damage.

its a shame though that some of the FT weapons seem to melt predators so quickly, which isnt a bad thing I guess. I mean, its not as if they are immortal or anything, but I do think that Predators need some more tools in there arsenal, like explosives or laser traps or something.

Clearly! Something to counter PC snipers without getting your mask destroyed or wasting time waiting around for a change of scenery.

1 Like

Totally agree. You know one thing that’s missing currently for the Predators is a Zoom feature when aiming! I was expecting it to be in game when I first heard about this game, and was gutted its not. That would help out with things like the PC and especially the bow.

If the predator was played in 1st person, I bet it would have zoom. But it is what it is.

1 Like

Yeah true. I guess its a little harder to implement from a third person view. To be honest in regards to knife/parrying, I think it would be handy to either allow the FT member who’s parrying to loose all stamina or block once from an attack, so he can escape or, reduce the damage from the knife attacks even more as at the moment, Its stupid that players are just chasing after 7ft alien hunter with a knife. Something needs to be done to add a little fear into the mix, as the Predator is not scary at the moment and is more of an inconvenience for the FT.

I’ve got nothing against parry. But what I’m against is losing my health from that :) + combistick shouldn’t be parried. NOT AT ALL. Or the axe. But who plays with that?
It’s so hillarious now that a perk that counters the parry damage is needed. Or ignore the damage when you get parried.

1 Like

Yeah I would agree with that for sure. Im also ok with parrying, but it is the health of the Predator I have an issue with. I mean, FT can destroy the smart Disc right? It has HP. Why cant the FT knife break after say 3 successful parry’s or something! And yes, I have no issue with parrying wrist blades or even the disk, but its absurd that you can parry the combi,elder sword and war club.

It just does not make sense. I mean, imagine if Dutch tried to parry a Predator with his knife against a Predator with a full swing of the club. It would literally break his arm or blade. Its a mechanic that really needs some work for sure.

1 Like

Say what you want about the disc, but that weapon doesn’t exist for me. Letting aside the ranged aspect of it, it has no melee damage… It should have been the most versatile weapon. Throw, hit, recall, melee…

1 Like

Well it may get a buff soon to be fair. I dont know whether you’ve seen or not, but the AVP shurikan is coming to the game too, and I recon it will be an additional skin for the Smart Disk, just like how the Alpha Predator’s Scicle is like the war club, so we might well get a buff to the disk.

1 Like

I hope it’s not a skin. I want to throw it. Not control it.

1 Like

Oh I see, so you mean like in the classic AVP games then where you lock on, through and it auto kills for you without piloting and then returns back? Yeah, that would be pretty epic. I’d even be happy if like in the AVP games it drained energy by throwing it, and replenishes over time.

1 Like

Considering the FTs guns are hitscan, we should have aimlock in heat vision :)
That would bring energy management to a new level.

1 Like

Wow, yeah that sounds pretty awesome to be fair. @Courier, definitively a good idea to pass on for sure, and would switch things up for the Predator. Also I do like a bit of micro management.

No it’s ok. PS4 players mostly do not know how to play. They shoot everywhere without aiming so when I play as Pred it is easy win for me. I can literally mock them, play like cat with mice and then kill with honorable kill one by one. Also PS4 players do not pay attention when you cloaked and your Pred make noises which normal player can recognize and start to search for Pred. But they just run like bots and I kill them by combistick and bow very quick. I’m not insulting anybody but the fact is fact. PC players especcially in team voice chat is very good players and it’s pleasure to play against them. If there was better online for PC then I surely turn crossplay off to play with PC only. Play against PS4 is just waste time or if you want not serious game with dummies :)

Personally judging by your comment I would have to disagree, as it completely misses my point about FT hunting the Predator with a knife. Ps4 players are not dummies in the slightest, and you say about them not seeing the predator when he’s cloaked, that may have something to do with the precision of mouse and keyboard, rather than them not being competent to play.

I’m mainly coming across fire team players that are on PC that either camp (see my first comment about the 3 PC player snipers) or run and chase me with a knife. Now this is just my own opinion, but that is not normal.

Now, I know that the FT gets a little more XP for killing/recovering the predator body, which is fair, but rushing the predator with a knife and stabbing him to death is a bit odd considering it eliminates the idea of a space alien hunter, hunting for prey. Its definitely something that @IllFonic needs to address. Also being a PC gamer myself, I’m aware of the advantages we have playing against console players. I’m also aware of the disadvantages PC players have too, like lowering graphics to see easier etc. I love PC gaming and always will be a PC gamer, but I’m certainly not an elitist, not by a long shot. That’s just my own opinion of course.

I usually down one let them lead me to the reinforcement point down another and wait for the other player to be revived then I’ll claim the one I most recently downed

1 Like

This has been happening since the free weekend

Really? I seriously do not remember this happening at all during the trial weekend. I do remember the combistick dominating quite a fair bit, and some frame rate issues, but I definitely dont remember FT members chasing the Predator with a knife.

Also, most players didnt know you could actually pary the Predator until the end of the trial.