solution for predator Queues times

Obviously… I know… So wait for the last DLC ^^… WAIT AND SEE

Getting crossplay invites to work so you can invite good players after a match wild benefit because in some cases when your playing the fire team you can feel dread of getting matched up with some really bad players.

If they remove veritanium from private matches it would only reduce how much I play, it needs more map options, also if all those pred only punks would play fireteam it would also help

5 Likes

Nope…

That has nothing to do with it, FT gets in under a minute. the reason why pred times are so High because Everyone wants to play Predator. Removing Vertanium From Private matches will not fix it.

1 Like

The only way to reduce que times as far as I can see, is to introduce a mode where the Predator loads into a map and Stalks some beast or monster, the FT can fly in later in a helicopter joining the Predators lobby.
At first The beasts that spawn will be easy but as you kill and claim them, another stronger opponent will spawn. The Pred’s hunts should be arranged like a FT mission in steps, first find out what your Prey is, then find out it’s weakness or identify its lair/territory, taunt and pursue, stalk and kill, then claim your trophy.
Other tasks could be hanging A.I. bodies from the trees or setting up a temporary trophy shrine. (I imagine a tree with things hanging or placed on every branch. Skulls - animal and human, skins, even some coloured rocks or religious items.)

You could obviously hunt special A.I. too, hunters, mercenaries, people a Predator might target.

Omg… Best idea ever!!!

I put idea for wash skulls head with gaz…to earn money… And waiting FT

Ill explain to everyone why removing private match rewards will improve q times.

I recently did a poll, and of the 65 or so that voted, like 60-75% voted that they would farm solo in private.

Forcing the majority of players back into public games to farm verit would significantly improve the que times.

However im a firm believer that if they plan to do that, then the veritanium that is picked up during matches, should be kept on death either fully or mostly.

The biggest argument against the private match idea is that " people will quit" because hur durrr they dont wanna be forced into pubs

First of all. If you are gonna quit because you cant exploit the game anymore. You were gonna quit anyway.

Second. Every game prevents private matches for being rewarding in any way for exactly this reason.

Thirdly, going back to number two. If there are no pubs in a multiplayer exclusive game. The game dies. If everyones farming vert in a private all day, then thats less people playing and worse queue times.

Increasing the bonus for killing the predator is only something I would want if the rest of the game is turned from a deathmatch into an actual hunt. Right now unless its a berzerker (which you cant solo kill), then its gonna be ez to end a match in the first 5 and get the reward.

Also this would mean more good players in the queue because i gurantee the majority of the good players are mostly or exclusively playing private nowadays.

I’m pretty sure Hunting Grounds runs on the same Servers as Friday the 13th: The Game @SCOUTVAL.

I’d love to see some kind of Server Upgrade that smooths out the entire experience. Predator Queues should average at 4:30 with fairly accurate Estimates and not we’re just guessing Estimates. All morning today the “Estimate” said 5:15 but in actuality it was 7:45.

I also believe that Private Matches and their Veritanium Farms should be up to the Player and not the Community. There are plenty of People out there who love playing but don’t want to be at the whim of Randos to make a simple thing work.

Private Matches are Optional People!! And I don’t think that removing an in-Game Mechanic will improve a Server Side Mechanic. Traffic varies all of the time regardless of what Mode it is.

Yes players will quit and no they wouldn’t have anyway. They would be quitting because the game no longer provides them with the experience they where looking for. You’re just making assumptions that serve your argument and trying to throw some shame in for good measure.

…you think it’s an exploit, what advantage is it giving to get cosmetics or tapes?

The game is boring, lackluster and buggy. What’s REALLY going to improve que times is bringing in new and old players by introducing new content: maps, customization expansion, modes, story, FUN!!! And of course bug fixes. Taking Veritanium out of matches is not going to solve anything, it’s the very last thing on the long list of problems that needs to be addressed. Que times are not going to get better if there’s no incentive to play. To bring people back/into the game there needs to be additional content…Sigh… I can’t say it enough. And again messing with private match currency isn’t going to solve jack shit.

The people who plays private matches are people that wants to chill, have fun and try different things and is probably a very small percentage of the player base. If one of the Devs would just chime in here and give us an accurate number, this discussion would probably be over.

What game wants you to play solo in private matches?
What game encourages that other than this one? none of them.

The people who are gonna leave because the private matches are taken away are the people who are already bored of the game and are simply only playing now because of the cosmetics.

Actually I think you might have that wrong, the people who grind for cosmetics want to show them off at some point. They use it to learn the map, or try different things in the mission. They use it to take a break from dealing with people or randoms or pressure, but they don’t log off and after they’re relaxed they que back up for a pub.

RE Resistance has the same ability to load into a PM solo, so you can test builds, figure out strategies.

I think you’ll find it’s something more games like this are adding. Last Year has tutorials that work similarly to RE-R. (Or will I’m not on PC and don’t actually know, just what I hear about.)

To be honest I think it’s one of the smartest things they did, if you think about it from a slightly bigger perspective.
Imagine they do plan on adding some form of big game hunt or Predator missions down the line and you want to figure it out without losing a FT or being hunted while you do it. You can now figure out whatever on your own terms without interference. You’ll want to be able to claim a giant skull solo right?.. and get a different one for doing it in a pub?

1 Like

But why should i get punished for having 4 other friends that I play with most of the time as a way that is more enjoyable then quickplay becuase we rotate the pred and map why shouldn’t I get rewards, quickplay is hardly rewarding with random teammates that have zero teamwork and predators that rush making it so I hardly get any veritanium other then the challenges which are quickplay oriented. I shouldn’t be forced into quickplay when I bought it then convinced friends to purchase it so we can play and have a blast hunting each other and laughing the whole time. The idea of making other things for predators to hunt while fireteams are put together sounds much better then removing veritanium from private watches especially with multiple mythical for 25000 and then each helmets metal colors ranging from 2500 7500 and 25000 each not to mention the fireteam things at this time the customization is one of the only things you can change in the game about what you get to see since there is only 3 maps makes veritanium super important to keep most of our interest as they continue development of future content so that there is a community to play with

1 Like

I think the point of adding the challenges was to encourage more people to play as the fireteam. If you didn’t notice, the challenges only apply to while playing as the fireteam. Clearly collecting a total of 50,000 veritanium per week isn’t enough to prevent players from overcrowding the Predator mode.

Yeah. The pred only guys should play some FT FT which would help a little and would also let them see the game from the FT point of view.

Or they can add a new mode where we get the 3 team predator team against 8 FT members if that would help as far as shortening the que time for predator as well as adding a new mode. Not tech savy so don’t know how hard or easy it would be to make it happen.

LOL that has nothing to do with it, So many People want to play Predator and thats a huge reason for long que times. removing Items From private matches won’t do anything.

My thoughts exactly on Private Matches @Slasher_Clone. Quickplay is awesome (when it works) but sometimes you just want to Chill, Practice or learn Routes for Strategy.

Fun Fact: Running Solo as a Predator, now in 1.10 acts like Fireteams, I.E. AI Grunts actually call in Reinforcements!!

Friday the 13th: The Game had zero Possibilities for Private Solo Matches unless if one of your Friends (or if you’re fortunate enough, a secondary PS4 Sub Account) came into the Match to Confirm. And the Grind in Friday the 13th was ridiculous. Some of my IRL Friends have been playing on and off since it’s Initial Release and are still in the Level 90 Range. And the Level Cap is 150, just like how we now have it in Hunting Grounds.

I see waaaaaaay too many People complaining about Private Matches. They’re not there forcing Players to Grind/Practice/Play Solo. It’s there as an Option. If someone doesn’t like it, just dont dip in. Simple as that.

And I bet that if Private Matches weren’t a thing, People would beg for it.

Lastly, I will say thank fucking goodness Private Matches are a thing. I used Illfonic’s freebie 2x XP boost (my Original Deluxe Edition Boost is still there after this one expired) to Grind my Eyeballs out between yesterday and today. I activated the Booster early yesterday afternoon where I was Level 116. I hit 150 just earlier. Doing that kind of crazy Grinding in Public Matches!? Fuck that!!

2 Likes