Some ideas

Hi, I’m new on these forums. I thought I’d share a post I made on reddit some time ago. Hope you like it, even though it is a long read. It is slightly edited, because I can’t post more than one image here.

Some ideas

Hiya, I thought I’d throw a few ideas I thought about last night when on my nightshift. It would be cool if some of them made it in the game. Some of these were already mentioned in some way in former threads, so this may sum them up and add some more. I’ve heard the devs pay some attention to this reddit…so wink wink…yeah.

excuse my poor editing skills

Bug fixes before any of these.

Predator

Vision modes

Zoom in/out - added by default to all vision modes. 4x, 6x and 10x

Thermal - The ammo crates, health packs, technology like alarms and mission related objects no longer appear in thermal vision. Thermal vision now consumes less energy. Scan FT works the same.

Tech vision - Highlights technology of all sorts: Ammo crates&bags, health packs&medkits, FT decoys, reinforcement radio, mission related objects, weapons. Weapons are not as highlighted as much as the rest.

Scanning FT reveals their equipment ( could possibly show on a top bar ) and ammo for the currently equiped weapon ( something like hp bar above the target with segmented bar representing clips/mags/etc left ). Rescan necessary to update when breaking the line of sight or switching vision mode.

Drains more energy.

Colour spectrum matrix green, highlights in greenish white ( so the weapons can somewhat fade ).

Bio vision - Slightly highlights living targets ( perhaps a noticable distortion similar to sound indicators ). Sounds that FT makes ( voicelines, steps, grunts ) are clearer to hear, not muffled and distorted as in thermal vision and even better than normal vision. On top of that FT heartbeat can be heard ( starting 130 yards away ) with subtle sound indicators ( but the sound itself should point the way just like predator clicking to the FT ). Heartbeat gets louder and faster when the FT is injured.

Scanning FT reveals their hp and perks. Also adds 5-10% dmg bonus until breaking the line of sight or switching to another vision mode. Rescan to reapply.

Drains more energy.

Colour spectrum orange, sepia. Highlighted targets have brighter outlines and show as distortion ( similar to what the predator saw when spotting Royce behind the tree, the spectrum is more like radioactive green there but tech vision is already green so… )

Vision modes are all affected by Heated perk.

Gear

Bleeding trap - 3 traps, 30 instant dmg, 30 bleeding damage over 10 seconds ( the grunts FT makes helps locate them, so it feels fair to be this low…it is quite a chunk of their health actually ), costs 4 points.

Trapper perk - + 15 instant dmg and + 15 bleeding dmg ( 5 more seconds )

Crippling trap - 4 traps, 30 instant dmg, movement slowed down by 35% for 50 seconds, during this time FT can’t sprint or jump, reveals FT for 5 seconds, costs 3 points.

Trapper perk - + 15 seconds to the crippling effect.

It feels like this could slow down the whole team as they would have to stick together unless they left the guy behind. Dilemma sometimes seen in the movies. This slows down the pace of the hunt and possibly separates the FT.

Pig trap - 1 trap, lures/spawns a pig or spawns pig corpse every 5 minutes. Can be destroyed. Must be put on the same soil where the FT can mud up, costs 3 points.

Trapper perk - Decreases the time to every 4 minutes.

Decoy ammo bag/health pack - 5 decoys, mistaken for the actual FT gear, explodes upon activation for 45 dmg plus flashbang effect, costs 2 points.

-or-

Sensor trip bomb - 5 bombs, attach to existing ammo crate, medkit or alarm, 45 dmg upon activation plus flashbang effect, costs 2 points.

Just a basic trolling tool for predators.

Tracking device - 1 device, attach to a FT member to track their movement, lasts until downed/killed, costs 3 points.

Charge emitter - 4 emitters, attach to tech ( ammo crates, alarms, mission related objects, reinforcement radio ) to increase the time needed to activate by 10 seconds, alerts when used, costs 3 points.

Weapons

Whip - Light attack - short range, 180° front acre fast slash for 35-35-45 dmg, the last hit does the dmg in 360° around the predator, cannot be parried.

Heavy attack - Wrap the target in the whip, target cannot attack and move away from the leash distance of the whip, predator can move, target can break free ( same as netgun ), does 15 dmg per second, predator can release target by pressing the attack again.

Yes, the predator could potentially “kidnap” the target away from the FT.

Speargun - High velocity projectile sniper rifle, projectiles penetrate the target ( can hit multiple targets ), faster and slightly stronger than the basic uncharged bow shot, headshots do 70 dmg ( I think bow is more than this, if not then it should be adjusted. It should be weaker than the bow given it is faster ), 4 spearheads before reloading, 60 retrieveable projectiles. Stays cloaked when shooting.

Electrified bola - Mid range, roots FT in place, initial 30 dmg and flashbang/electric shock effect, target can free themselves like from a a trap, target can shoot and turn in all directions, 30 electric damage over 15 seconds, every 5 seconds the damage is extra 1, bola is retrieveable.

Perks

Lightfooted - More quiet footsteps and movement in the trees, costs 2 points

Quiet stalker - Reduces the radius from where the FT can hear predator sounds to 50 yards, increases the time between sounds, ??crouched makes no sound?? , costs 4 points

Fast snack - Faster pig eating, half the time

Other changes for the predator

• feeding can be cancelled, heals for 25%, pig is used

• more voicelines through vocal mimicry ( “ammo here”, “stay together”, basically what FT can say )

• walking for the predator ( more quiet movement and also roleplay reasons )

• remove perk and gear limit ( it is up to you how you use your perk and gear points )

Tracker predator

Stats - HP 2/4 - Stamina 3,5/4 - Movement speed 3,5/4 - Gear 15 points, Perks 8 points

Passive -Vision modes drain less energy, above average energy reserves

Comes with - Tracker hound

Tracker hound

350 hp, bite does 25 dmg with 15 bleeding damage over 5 seconds ( doesn’t stack ), triple dmg to npcs cripples movement by 35% for 10 seconds, when out of combat, regenerates 5 hp per second, doesn’t cloak

Can be given three orders

Track and attack FT - Runs off into the jungle and does what npcs do when on track of the FT, when in 75 radius it heads straight to them. Aggressive attacker, can’t parry it’s attacks. Will attack npcs along the way unless within radius of the FT

Track and hunt pigs - Runs off into jungle and is looking for pigs, engages FT if shot or if within 50 ft radius. Ignores other npcs.

Recall - The hound returns to the predator and will only engage enemies within 30 ft range

It is either Tracker pred’s exclusive or counts as 4 point cost gear.

Fire Team

I don’t actually have that many new things for FT just yet, at least not in that much detail as for the predator. I might compose something soon and expand on these examples below.

Flamethrower - Speaks for itself, fire damage plus dmg over time as when stepping in to the fire. Also can set the destructible environment on fire until it gets destroyed ( plants for example ) thus creating a temporary wall. Friendly fire does apply upon stepping into such fire. Npc stop firing at FT and run around. Significant heat wave on predator’s thermal vision, better switch to normal. 150 fuel in the tank, drains reasonably fast. One reload. Prepper gives extra 50 fuel.

Land mine - Triggered by walking over or triggering a trip wire, slightly more dmg than a grenade slightly smaller radius, FT can’t trigger landmine, npcs can trigger landmine. 3 mines at 4 point cost.

Explosive belt - Passive explosive, triggered when claimed alive by the predator, grenade dmg, 1 belt, dmg to the owner as well, 3 point cost.

-“You ain’t the only one with self-destruct anymore.”

Flare - A flare that lights 30 yard radius for 45 seconds and predator’s cloak reflects the light so he is spotted much easier if within the range. 5 flares at 2 point cost.

Flashight mod on weapons - Can attach flashlight to weapons ( see further below )

OWLF agent

140 hp, movement speed of assault, same stamina, 8 gear points, 10 perk points, passive OWLF agent 5% less dmg from predator ( I think OWLF trained perk is 10% less so this can be up to 15% ), familiar with pred tech so inbuilt Sixth sense perk at smaller radius.

Comes with EMP assault rifle, average speed, dmg, recoil. Secondary fire mod fires disrupting projectiles that overload predator’s cloak for 10 seconds and drain a bit of his energy, 12 rounds on secondary fire mod.

New maps

Can’t add more pictures as a new member here

Desert canyon - Something for that desert camo, many canyon corridors and stone columns and possibly a pueblo styled structures with some stargazer camps. Something along these lines:

Swamp

Murky waters deep enough to almost submerge when crouched ( little to no vision of the FT in thermovision but slowed movement for them, little dry land, pred in the many trees, shabby shanty towns.

Tropical island

Something between the Beach with DiCaprio where you had the secret drug fields hidden behind a paradise-like facade of beauiful coast and Skull island where the inland part offers more layouts and hides unimaginable dangers.

Other stuff

• New field locker tier - Ancient - same drop rate as mythic, contains all the mythic predator trophies and new cosmetic customization tier in FT accessories similar to trophies that they can display. Mythic has higher droprate and now only drops skins and such.

• Environmental effects - Night, mist, rain, dust storm in missions affecting visibility of FT and predator’s normal vision mode. Can’t cloak in rain or mud up, but also there is worse visibilty with ropes of rain falling down from the sky.

• Walking through water decays mud camouflage faster.

• Objectives take longer to complete

• Matches last 5 minute longer ( 20 minutes )

• Activate challenges/achievements that are for PS4 for PC players too

-BONUS-

Boss/animal prey npcs - Rare npcs ( common about as much as OWLF tapes or less ). Both categories yield a trophy to the predator if claimed. They have 350 hp and fight back. Animal prey spawns 5 minutes into the match ( so the predator who wants these doesn’t rush the match under two minutes upon start ). These are jaguar, large python, bear, alligator, tiger ( in their respective environment ), these attack FT too if encountered. When claimed the predator needsto survive the match to keep the trophy ( skulls, jaw…)

Boss npcs sometimes spawn when alarm is triggered. They have bodyguards and unique skins. When claimed they have unique skulls or other trophies respective to their characters. These are Goldtooth ( skull with golden teeth ), Butcher ( bloody machette ), Psycho druglord ( skull with pointy teeth, like Headless horseman in Tim Burton’s Sleepy Hollow ) and something else along these lines.

That’s it for now, my apologies for exhaustingly long post

8 Likes

Nice. Ill add this to the collection

Now that some predators have their unique roar, they could also have some new unique voice lines ( anytime, what the hell are you, want some candy, shit happens, etc. )

There is a collection?

I keep a collection of all of my posts as well as other peoples posts that have either good ideas or proper changes.

Feel free to @ me on any of your other posts.

1 Like

Ahh, I see. Well thanks for adding these:) I have another night shift tomorrow, so perhaps I come with something new again.

1 Like

You’ve got some good stuff in there for sure. Awesome post 👍

Tldr

I was talking to the OP but you’re great too 😅🙌

1 Like

Omg lol im stupid. I thought you were op replying to me for some reason. Sorry im tired af

I understand, but it is more than one idea you see. Some patch notes are even longer and they too contain information on multiple matters.

These are some really cool ideas! I think I read a rumour that the Predators drone may be added to the game and this could act as the tracking device that you mentioned in your post. Also, I was thinking that the fireteam could also have tracking darts to track the Predator’s movements but this may be a bit too OP.

For the whip, I was thinking that its primary role could be to bring the fireteam member closer to the predator while dealing minimal damage.

If the shuriken was added to the game, I think it would probably be a gear item and would deal about 30 dmg. You would only have about 8 of these.

I like your idea about the tracker predator. I had similar ideas regarding this. I don’t think the Tracker hound should deal out too much damage or else it could be too OP.

Having some animal npcs that the predator or fireteam would encounter also sounds really cool.

Just going to put this here, hope you don’t mind.

Interesting ideas, look forward to having Pred Hounds to kill.

Of course I don’t mind. Good ideas, will add feedback later.

2 Likes