Sounds not working properly

@OldKingHamlet I will try tonight and report back.

Quick Q on your setup: Are you playing sound through the TV, through a headset connected to the USB port on your PS4 (and which headset) or a headset wired into your controller?

Using a wireless headset. Plantronics RIG 800

I play with a wired headset connected to my controller however it will happen whether I have the headset on or when I play with it off with the sound coming from speakers.

@OldKingHamlet played 5 public matches last night with 3D sound turned off and there were no audio glitches. However, none of the matches were on Airstrip or HQ. Will keep testing and report back.

BTW, the game is much more dynamic with 3D sound, and would like to play it that way.

I donā€™t use 3D audio. also I had the audio bug 5 out of the 7 matches today.

I use PlayStation Platinum Wireless Headset 7.1 3D Audio. But I donā€™t use the 3D audio on this game. but also I play with the tv audio when my headset is charging.

Turn off 3d audio it will fix it

You sure its disabled? Mine automatically enabled it again for some reason

yeah when it happened i literally went to the home menu mid match and checked and it was off and the bug still happens today though less often

1 Like

Itā€™s not just happening to me, but my friends as well. Some of them donā€™t play with headset or have headsetā€™s that donā€™t have 3D audio. They also play on PS4 pro & slim models & have the same issues & only two of us have PS5. I checked both my headset & in game options to see if 3d audio is off & they are.

@MrOboy just to clarify, the 3d sound is in the main PS5 settings, not the game settings.

1 Like

Yes I know that, as there is no 3D audio selection in the game options.

Weird. Make sure you have your headphones plugged in all the way sounds dumb but happened to me šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜šŸ˜

They are as i use a USB port not the controller port

Hm. That sucks i disabled 3d audio and hasnt happened sinceā€¦ maybe try changing your audio format priority??

@OldKingHamlet with 3D sound disabled, I played 7 or 8 matches last night (once each on the Airstrip and HQ) and the audio has been fine, no glitches. I wonā€™t get to play for a few days, but will report again when I do.

3D audio fix isā€¦weird.

First time I had it I tried the 3d audio fix and it didnā€™t work fix anythingā€¦ So I put it back on. 2 weeks later I tried it again and now I rarely RARELY get it

Well yeah you have to close out the game probably or restart your playstation

Yup. You have to turn it off and reboot the system and check again if itā€™s still off, cause sometimes itā€™ll get on automatically for some reasonā€¦

1 Like