Sounds not working properly

Does the word duh mean anything?

1 Like

Hey im not the one who turned on 3d audio šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Yupp! It happened to me!

Yeahā€¦after 3 days and 2 restarts.

Well how would i know that mr smart pants

alright after doing this for a several matches now whenever i change the audio format as the game is loading i get a very high pitch whirring noise through my headphones that is very unpleasant but it seems the issue is gone

and i get a very consistent clicking sound like someones mic is being unmuted/muted whenever selecting anything on any menu

Which audio format are you using? I tried dts and dolby both have given me zero issues so far

i was doing Dolby last night

will probably try DTS later tonight see if itā€™s any better

1 Like

alight i did DTS and the audio bug appeared again

guess iā€™m stuck with dolby and the unpleasant audio

So after the last Ps5 firmware update that does not work anymore.

Does it do this on any other games? I feel like thereā€™s something wrong with your headphones

no only this game i even use these headphones on my gaming PC and it doesnā€™t have any issues

and iā€™m using these headphones

@OldKingHamlet OK, played another 15-20 matches with 3D audio turned off and none of the sound glitches have occurred. I will now turn it back on and see if it starts again.

@OldKingHamlet played some more with 3D off and it worked fine, except for one match. On the HQ map, all of a sudden everything went crazy, really loud sounds like all of the guns firing at once. After a minute it quieted down and was back to normal. Played a few more games and everything was fine. Turned 3D back on and played 2 or 3 without issue. Will keep playing and reporting.

Day 425 since the audio bugs been around, Can confirm shitā€™s still happening on PS4, no changes.

1 Like

@OldKingHamlet this will be my final update on the sound bugs. Turned 3D back on and the bug recurred. Turned it off and it has been fine ever since. Hopefully you can fix this.

Lucky.

@REYNOSO_FUA11 out of curiosity, is your problem the same as mine? Sounds your character makes, such as shooting a gun, mudding up, etc. are inaudible, but everything else, except pigs, sound muffled or far away?

Honestly Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™m patient zero when it comes to this bug as Iā€™ve had it since excavation came out last year.

It used to be as you described, inaudible everything but scattered gunshots, pig squeals, and pred tech sounds (thermal, cloak, bow) regardless of the distance. Nowadays itā€™s much worse since itā€™s either completely silent or Iā€™ll get the occasional gunshot or pig. All the while thereā€™s a constant buzzing in the ear like as if youā€™re underwater.

It happens to me whether I use a mic or not and itā€™s frequency increases every time. Sometimes Iā€™ll get 3 times out of 8 matches but usually itā€™s about half of every match I play. Last time I played, I played about 15 matches, 9 of those were dead silent. The sound always returns though on the after action report though conveniently.

Iā€™ve been bitching about this bug for over a year now and nothings been done. Iā€™d turn my 3D audio off like they suggest as a fix but Iā€™m on PS4 pro so I donā€™t get shit.

I have the same issue after patch 2.29 on my PS5. Same issue on my sons PS5 as well.

UPDATE: I turned off 3D audio in the PS5 audio output settings & so far, fingers crossed, I havenā€™t had the sound glitch.

1 Like