Spam-Spotting a 100% invisible predator is ridiculous. Should only be allowed to spot partially invisible Predators.

difficult for what?

How incredibly hard it is to mash the spot button

1 Like

I agree, I’ll be sitting there 100% invisible and get spotted. Not fun

1 Like

Why to mark target for a teammates must be difficult?

Gee I don’t know probably because it highlights him through walls, puts an indicator on the map, and you can have four people spamming spot in the direction they hear the pred all at the same time.

2 Likes

Gee I don’t know probably because it highlights him through walls, puts an indicator on the map, and you can have four people spamming spot in the direction they hear the pred all at the same time.

How long does spotting/line around predator last?

This don’t work through obstacles. Only If you run straight forward maybe this works. Spot fade after ~2 sec. Its has 3 sec cooldown for each player individually.

Yeah no to become a master spotter you just float your reticule over the rooftop and wait until you get a random hit buddy.

you are looped

I agree, spotting the predator with a red outline is horrible and ruins the game for me, while playing either side.deatroys immersion, its not realistic to the movies, and gives an unfair advantage to the fire team. It needs to be removed or seriously NERFED. Like a 20 second cool down per try. I checked the patch notes and did not see anything about the “marking/spotting” addressed so I’m not even going to bother downloading the latest patch. Game is dead to me until this is fixed.

While I agree and greatly dislike the spotting mechanic, I think a suitable fix, that would be fair to PS4 players (who lets face it, most of them benefit greatly from this mechanic) Is to make it simply so that once the predator breaks line of sight with all 4 FT members the spotting stops. This would mean that no more seeing him through walls and shit. Unless one of the FT still has eyes on.

That’s not enough. The spotting look ridiculous. Most of the rest of the game is pretty authentic. But the spotting is not like anything in the movies and just Looks and feels totally wrong, no matter which side you are playing on. There should at least be a 20second cool down on it. Right now, it’s being abused and spammed and it defeats the point of the game as the predator, which is to stealthily kill when you want to.

Trust me, I understand

But at the end of the day this is a game.

In the movies dutch wasnt using a controller to aim his gun. My point being, compromises need to be made. Im not saying the compromises that we have are good, I think in a lot of ways the design of this game actually favors Movieism over gameplay design. Which hurts the game significantly.

And yet in other ways it goes the total opposite direction and goes way too far into game design to the point where people are frustrated and I dont blame them.

Point is, I know it sucks, but without it, playing as both predator, against ps4 players, as well as playing as a ps4 player, would suck major donkey balls, and the playerbase would become scarce real quick I think.

People are just not coming back because of the Spotting. I personally have 4 friends that stopped playing, because of the spotting mechanic. They aren’t posting, they just stopped playing. It looks like there is a ton of Negative feedback about the spotting. That is being ignored for whatever reason, by IllFonic.

Its doesnt work. Its completely broken. Players are bleeding away!

Well I got off the topic of this post a bit, but I agree you shouldnt be able to spot when pred is fully invis. thats stupid.

But otherwise its kind of a necessary evil.

It definitely needs a rework. Something that works for casuals, without giving way too much of an advantage to hardcores

1 Like

Either remove it or seriously fix it.

I agree, totally ridiculous.

Please do something to adjust spotting

It is ridiculous. This needs a nerf