Sturla's take about the update.

In my opinion game is still overall better than before, yes they should have not nerfed predators, but in fact strengthen them. But physics of the game are far better than before, movement is better, animations, even certain elements of bug fixes are properly fixed. But there are certain bugs that are still not fixed like Reckless (damage bug just like Fanatic when you bleed inside fire), also save loadouts that are kept from before are still present, you can still play as not just Dante Field medic, but also put any specialization inside the character class. You are also still having infinite syringes if you have old loadouts. Or any infinite gear. But in general game is better, moving, physics and matchmaking is faster. Still lot of work needs to be done. But it has positive future. Most important thing that should be patched is anti-cheat, so cheat engines do not work anymore for anyone. That is most number 1 crucial thing for this game. Because even when Reckless gets fixed (which it should) there will still be cheat engine players using speed hack or making trainer scripts by locating addresses for infinite ammo and no reload and infinite stamina and infinite gear and infinite energy, which are possible when scanning addresses that are type float instead of 4 bytes. So anti-cheat should be firstly patched.

6 Likes

I think they know about these problems and still do nothing. It seems that it’s just too much work that they are willing to invest. Maybe of this will get fixed by the Xbox launch but not soon.

Anyways I started to play now legit anyway. If they do something about it, I don’t want to be part of the ban club (not in forum, but in game), so I no longer touch cheat engine anymore, you never know they might release surprise update.
Plus I got much more friends back that were used to disowning me.

I think changes, even with glitches/bugs, will bring players back because there some minor balance reshuffling to test out new builds and approaches. That’s what they are asking on. Something fresh. Hopefully it least until next update and then a few more changes will keep it fresh. But they do need to clean a lot up before Xbox launch otherwise why bother.

I suppose it would be too much work to fix everything. If we could give them top 5 concerns to fix and they would do it, the game would be at a good place.

There is only one guy that is working on this game, 1 person in Illfonic, it will take lot of time.
I can DM you his linkedin if you want.
EDIT: I don’t know how to DM on this forum. But he single handedly patched this game for 1 year by himself, poor guy.

Yeah, that is crazy considering how much there is to be done just so they game would be what it should have been at release

I think we need to figure out what those 5 or so concerns are (Communication posts and then we can address him. We can’t be all over the place with this. Right now you ask the community what most important to fix, there will be a lot of different answers. We should organize this first.

Only 1 guy is working on this game, forum moderators are just there to hmm well be there. And only 1 person is active as forum moderator which indicates that he probably only works on this game.

Still out best chance to have something change. Make good simple proposotin with @BeerWarrior66, @SkooLBoY_SkePtiK and a few others. Too much complaints to consider and sift though at the forums for that one person. Keep it simple and reasonable

LOL I am pseudo-moral police

https://www.linkedin.com/in/charles-brungardt-6204765
He is courier maybe, but he made all of those fixes by himself single handedly. It takes a lot of effort and work to do it, credit is where the credit’s due. Being only 1 person taking time for this game.

1 Like

I agree.

@Lukeskywalker2
@LukeSkywalker3
you suck .

1 Like

What about Jordan? He did all the work for this latest patch, not Courier.

I don’t know is he courier, I just assume.

OOOH

No, Jordan is not Courier, as far as I could tell from the patch notes.

My bad.

You’re good. More training, you must have.

I played privates only yesterday. Didn’t play against you.

…I know. Goodness, Luke, come on now…