Superman reboot , making him black and j.j abrams is producer

With the black panther comic book writer inking the script with abrams , am I in the minority when I say man of steel was actually a decent movie? BvS was an acquired taste but it grew on me somewhat and the justice league may be corrected next month (or might not) .

2 Likes

Man of Steel was the only DC film iā€™ve actually liked. It was the closest thing to a live action dragonballZ lol. And was before DC started overusing CGI environments and completely CGIng heros fight scenes making them look like theyā€™re made of rubber.

4 Likes

If itā€™s not the death and return of superman count me out

2 Likes

Lol lest we not forget the actual DragonballZ live action and the horrible nightmares it created

2 Likes

In man of steel all of the kryptonians armour was cgi šŸ˜ hans zimmers soundtrack was great

They might cast nic cage and resume burtons abandoned script šŸ˜ knowing how j.j likes to recycle scripts

And he is reportedly going to be black

you know i think if they are doing it because of BLM, and Africa needs a representative that isnā€™t a supremesist like Black Panther (for obvious associations), it would probably do society a justice if we knew what doesnt and does work in AFrican nations wanting freedom and democracy. But thats just me.

But chances are likely the Steel story will be referenced or bebooted tobe less about the franchise and celeb status and more about the story. Then again, i havent read those stories. I hope they do it justice.

A superman from an alternate universe is blackā€¦ and was also the President. šŸ¤” Seems ass-kissyā€¦ His outfit and logo were nice though. Rather than race swap characters, I wish theyā€™d just make good movies with existing minority characters (Like Spawn and Steel and Green Lanternā€¦).

They see it as an easier task , but forget the box office doesnā€™t lie , the woke movies bomb because they are pandering to the minority

Batman Vs Super was better cause I liked the fight scene of Batman smacking around Supermanā€™s ass.

Nah Wonder Woman was actually a great fuckin flick. It was done damn right with great elements. Man of Steel probably #2 in the DCEU.

2 Likes

Wonder woman felt too much of a mirror of captain America, there is alot of that between dc and marvel characters obviously, but on the screen it just played off as a weaker version . In my opinion at least

I hear wonder woman 2 is pretty bad and something about she rapes some dude because her ex takes over someones body or whatever

I whole heartedly disagree. I really feel WW did a great job setting itself up and standing out as a modern superhero movie.

Iā€™ve heard a lot of negative about it. I havenā€™t really had an interest in watching it anyway it was one of those ā€œmeh Iā€™ll get to itā€ movies (most are with me though). Iā€™ll give it a fair chance though. Canā€™t be worse than suicide squad

Your entitled to your opinion šŸ‘šŸ» , I just feel it didnā€™t do anything to make itself stand out from anything previous

1 Like

Yeh, supposedly the rape thing was very out of character, bunch of other highly unnecessary scenes. Too many things thrown in at once so made all the new characters you get to meet feel rushed and chopped. Then, they make you watch the screen from the first movie of Diana as a little girl from the first movie which was unnecessary because itā€™s already explained in the first movie

Ww84 was terrible

I was pretty bored but I also thought captain america 1 was boring af

This was genuinely awful