Swap Specializations Around

If my idea is implemented and if everyone is running Field Medic then neither of them are supports. So no damage reduction on the guy doing the revive, so he’s vulnerable

So once the guy on the ground is up the other guy that just revived him takes his place

Just have one support. Then you DO have the damage reduction.

You can’t just say well the one to one scenario is solved so everything is fine. You have to take everything into consideration. Players aren’t brain dead. They adapt.

The passive damage reduction works also for downed teamates. Yesterday in Private I shot 5 arrows and one Assault class downed on the floor didnt die. Good job Illfonic. If you dont recognize how op is the new Support you just have a brain damage.

Before the cloak change Scout was was top 3 classes. Now is less good because chase potential is limited , unless the Pred is in second wind. The Recon outplayed the Scout because you can use the Long Spot perk and get 6s spot duration which is pretty op and stupid, plus the specialization sniper op as well. Dutch 87 and Assault outplayed Dutch 2025. Support is super op beyond immagination and every one in pubs is running Support and Assault only. No one use Dutch 2025 and Scout. For Predator classes Berserker needs 1/2 more perk points , Samurai need more speed and Scout a need more hp. Some perk need a reduction of the cost, like: Impatient, Impenetrable, Adrenaline Boost, Fast Hands, Cell Reserve unless they buff them. The high cost perks of fireteam are much better than high cost perks of Pred: Yautja Bane > Down range and Fearless, Tick Skin >>>>>>>>>> Impenetrable and OWLF is >>>>>>> Impenetrable and Height Advantage. Pred need one more perk up to 4 and 2 Specialization perks.

1 Like

Yeah I do agree with you, on all fronts.
We see almost no Scout’s or Dutch 2025, but I still do see a good amount of people running Recon.
I would love it if they did reduce the perk cost for those perks, or made them better
I have always thought Predators should have multiple specializations, but until Illfonic implements them we won’t know if we need multiple slots

One support means the squad will only have one source of damage reduction, but the support won’t have any. You can then try to kill the support because he’s the slowest (and like to end up further away from everyone because they’re out running him), or you can try and deal with the Field Medic who will most likely be away from the Support because they will be out running him and will most likely try to separate.
If someone goes down the Field Medic will go for the revive, but if they’re not receiving the support the Field Medic will be vulnerable

Camping assholes who use shitty tactics might or might get affected by my specialization swap around
Unless this gets implemented we don’t exactly how everything will go down, we can only guess
Or go back and forth like we’ve been doing this entire post

You test this or is this an assumption? (Either way run two supports if that is a realy big problem, and you still have 2 field medics)

Your telling me, that a cordinated team, will bring a support specificly for his aoe damage reduction, then leave him behind? Are you serious?

Team: brings a support for his aoe damage reduction

Also team: magically doesn’t get aoe damage reduction in calculating balance.

A. Thats the point of a discussion

B. You literally just said that a team that brings a support won’t get the aoe damage reduction because they’ll be too dumb and seperate.

Your literally assumimg that Fireteam players are too dumb to be efficient.

I know a lot of pro Recons will be away from the group because they will take Spotter, sit at a vantage point, and snipe like an actual sniper.

Look I am tremendously bad at put my thoughts into words, and I sometimes have a tunnel vision when it comes to an idea. I’m trying to see the bigger picture. Every team is different some are camping assholes, some try to play the game the why it was intended, and others take every advantage they can get to win.

We are both tackling this from two different viewpoints about two separate ways of playing.
I hate the idea of running multiples of the same class because it’s guaranteed a 95% change of winning.

Heres the thing though. Thats the strength of that particular line up. That is not the strength of our hypothetical field medic line up. In fact its more that that, its the weakness.

Again your assuming the fireteam is dumb.

Yes but heres the thing, that doesn’t mean balancing around the weakest players or even players that won’t take advantage of the line ups strength. Thats what the game is doing now.

Or even balancing around good players that are absolutly idiotic. You need to balance around the best because they’re the best at exploiting the game.

Especially since those recon players are likely to keep playing recon and not participate in this line up at all. And even if they do use this line up they’re just going to adapt to the playstyle of the line up rather than be dumb about it and play to the line ups weakness. You need to think about the people who will actaully use this. Not those that could but won’t

So lets actaully balance the classes instead of balancing around something that’ll never naturally happen.

Alright let’s hear your proposal for balancing the classes then

Lets rework it. You can still keep the increased health on revive but remove the increased revive speed.

Instead every FT member can be interacted with for 5 seconds that resores 25 health but has a 10 second cooldown. An infinite but slow acting heal that can be punished by pred.

In order to counter campin give back the leap slam damage through roofs.

(I know its still there but its basicly nothing lets be honest)

So you’d be healing them like in Left4Dead, but less effective
Interesting

I can’t remember how powerful the OG roof slam was

Never played.

It did regular damage, so about 75.

I run Dutch 2025 and Scout for FT and love it. As for Pred I run Scout and Berserker mostly

A better stat layout for the heal might actaully be 100 health but make it take 10 seconds, with a 30 second cooldown

2 Likes

Just know that I intended on swapping this to Feedback, so Illfonic will see this “suggestion”

1 Like

You never have to waste time muddying up, you are nearly untouchable in the water with double time, and it can help you easily chase down predators in the right areas of most maps.

2 Likes

Thats lowkey a bit scary

1 Like

Yeah that’s why Recon doesn’t need it

Video of 3 supports camping they were a bit of a challenge
I was doing the Alpha Monday Challenge that’s why I wasn’t using my Plasma Caster