Take on the new predator specializations and perks (patch 2.19)

Designated roles

Whether named or generic

Your a Zerker who wants to play like a scout too bad.

Wolf’s don’t get to chase down prey like a cheetah. They have to use they’re inherent advantage, they’re stamina, to tire they’re prey then take them down.

Wrong you would be surprised on how similar they are, and how they can hunt and chase their prey.

But also they don’t have that part of stuff humans have in a brain, conscious where they can pick what they want to be, yatujas are very much alike humans and made maya’s based on the lore…

Which means they are honorable and hunt their prey then if they lose they learn adapt, they can run any build they wish to.

Yes thats the price of extra speed and stamina.
Because scout is a class and is supposed to have its own independent strengths and weaknesses.
Specializations are just an extension of that.

Fine you want to be specific wolf’s can’t hunt with guns too bad for them.

Vultures scavenge

Humans shoot

Lions grab onto their neck and literally choke their prey

Crocs sneak up and pounce

Ya. That’s why zerkers trained to be zerkers. Now yes “where does it say that”

Here’s the thing. It doesn’t anywhere but humans are like that. Runners are thinner than body builders because of how they train. So this makes logical sense. Compared to classes are sexist because that’s just how it works.

(Because people are born fat and strong right?)

But let’s say they are naturally born this way

They’re tribal. Advanced, but tribal. Tribalism is where society got social standards from. The whole men are hunter woman are gatherers thing? Tribalism. They would absolutely lean into their roles given to them because that’s tribalism.

And even if we ignore the tribal element and say they aren’t that type of tribal, they’re entire species relies on the hunt.

They only care, about the hunt, so why wouldn’t they lean into they’re natural strength?

AND THATS IF WERE TREATING THEM LIKE THEY’RE REAL!!!

THEY’RE JUST SOME PIXALS ON A SCREEN!!!

Ok final thing i will say and offer draw to like stop the limbo as the limbo will end up causing same shit and most likely cause hamlet to close the thread and i dont want to cause then devs will avoid it… plus its 2:44am and i wanna keep my sleep schedule semi fucked XD

But i want to know… where does this “price” and “supposed” come from humans… its such a stereotypical approach on stuff and such clique social standpoint like literally…

Nobody actually asked for that someone asks for universal specialization… forum shuts the person down.

Great we are on same page here XD

And what do humans do… they are self conscious about themselves right.

And they tend to do their own thing and not follow society… minority don’t… that is… which still makes it possible for devs to make it a thing that u can run universal specializations

Ok lemme deny your take here cause in avp it discloses about predator aka yatuja culture and how they hunt and adapt and advance, and in predators 2010 it also says that they cycle trough any gear and in this case perk points that allow them to see footprints and tracks.

And mr.black even was acting like a stealth killer… he scanned and planned his strategies like a jungle hunter did.

And in the lore it says that they bred in specific colonizations and different breeds… such as wolves and dogs… said in predators 2010… any like humans they can run anything they wish…

Lore proves a point that it does not follow the full tribalism… their tribalism is full of plotholes… such as having bad blood where they run max gear and dont follow the code and run like stealth builds but also strong builds at once.

EXACTLYYYY WHAT THE FK ARE WE ARGUING ABOUT…

IM NOT EVEN TALKING ABOUT LEANING ON NATURAL STRENGTH… WHICH IS CLASSES… CLASSES ARE NATURAL STRENGTH…

MERDE…

YES I TREAT THEM AS REAL PIXELS…

A. Keep in mind they’re disciplined hunters. Not the average person who thinks they’re a real, in a completely different society.

B. The more disciplined of society does listen to orders.

C. You’ve yet to prove that these are naturally born bodies and not training.

How does adapting mean you can’t adapt to a style that fits your strengths and weaknesses?

Why does adapt mean it has to be a universal stratagy?

Ya he was bigger but that’s being a super. In super terms he was the JH equivalent.

Also BTW Remember Celtic? Who preferred to rush in and down his opponents?

And was also a lot bigger then the others?

Then compare him to wolf who was slender and more mobile. Preferring to stay at range.

Like a scout and Berserker

What the? Max gear bad blood? Also we’re talking about body composition not social status.

Also the whole stealth build and strong build thing…

That’s because they’re naturally strong anyways.

But zerkers are even stronger.

Why…

The PIXALS aren’t thanking you.

You don’t positively affect society. No one but a few people will actually care. And everyone else gets a worse game for it.

What do you get for treating some pixals in a trash game like they’re real?

They’re made to be put at our expense. Should we care about the FT and not hunt them because we want to treat them like they’re real?

Why have any violent games then where we hurt pixals?

WHO CARES ABOUT SOME PIXALS WITH NO EMOTIONS OR EVEN YET A CONSCIOUNCE OF SOME FORM!!! THEY DON’T EVEN HAVE A.I!!!

your defending something that doesn’t even exist.

BTW it’s a game. Gameplay comes first.

I agree with all of it except Ditherlinds. Should stay as is.

Height advantage only works in the trees. It’s fairly limited in that sense.

Enough? There were players that were able to test this stuff?
In my opinion, not having any testing-servers for the community, where we are able to submit Bugs and Balancing-Issues BEFORE they get released is the biggest problem of this game.
If they would just let us evaluate new stuff, instead of just using their own QA people and toss out half-finished Patches…
That would significantly increase the quality and balancing of this game.

2 Likes

@Fire

1 Like

Not really no they are not disciplined hunters at all, majority of may be but others are in minority which leaves room to making this universal specializations a thing, its up to the player it self to choose the out come of what the playstyle will be.

There is no discipline in life and society, humans made that shit up and so did they in yatuja civilizations, hence why later down the road more and more kept rebelling against one another and breaking the code.

Are you blind or what, it literally said in movies… and let me quote…

Now if you were so smart you would agree with me on this and not fight it that the way fishburne in the movie explains the different types of breeds, he means that some are born taller, bigger, wider, shorter, thinner… and they are all universal… majority of them do stick to their own colony… like jungle hunter clan… bad blood etc…

I never said it in a way you are putting it… you are manipulating the words and explanation, I said that it will be up to the player it self who will either adapt to play tanky class like its tank class… or u will have people like me who will play it like scout classes. And i already have a zerk loadout that is made to resemble more of a scout approach than full on tank class lol… but its not it… cause specializations are locked to be unique.

Um, wolf was actually not preferring to stay at range, he in the movie cut to the chase and prefered melee combat and had high tech gear advance to disable the pray.

Stereotypical sexism is about social status as well… without social status you can’t really exist can you… you would just be this physical mass on the planet doing nothing… in this case i see body composition as a class that u were born with and have ur own passive unique abilities u cant change… then the social status is for me the specializations and perks you decide to follow and master.

Ok? i never said that zerkers aren’t stronger since birth… they were given passive unique abilities that u cant change and i respect that… but what i don’t respect are the locked unique specializations for each class…

There you go the typical stereotypical sexist take of current society… the thing that became an average thing since late 2016 and kept getting worse… when will you people get it that its not about the majority… its about everyone being unique being with their own takes and life choices and deciding to do universal stuff and not what people think it sounds “fair” for you if you are born tall and big… or if ur born short and skinny… or if you are 13 and not 18… people treat you differently just cause of those things… and i call bullshit on that.

• I get satisfaction from playing the game the way games are meant to be played
  • I don’t feel repetitive and forced to play the game
  • It is also a predator franchise IP we are talking about here, and its very sacred for me, its not just a game… its the way of life to me.
  • Cause those pixels you play against are real people behind the screen giving inputs and playing alongside you…

Yes, yes we should, cause there are minority of people who will feel bad if either fireteam or predator side runs meta build and plays it like its just a game… no its meant to be more than just a game… its an asymmetrical predator game, to me the predator franchise means much more, and so it should to the devs… and probably everyone who bought this game.

You are talking like games are just one thing only… no games were meant to be much more than games we see now… there are single player games and multiplayer games where either one of those types can actually reach below ur skin like last of us… and you will be hurting for the character… to me that’s what i feel like for the predator when ur being limited to the specializations and to be forced to play a class as in dictatorship.

Umm yes they do, they are being controlled by people behind the screens… and in asymmetrical games u should know better that players control the game and not game them… nor devs… but oh well devs made it scripted and locked in place… And yeah “sorry not sorry” for trying to make it a possibility to make it more enjoyable and not repetitive trash.

I’m defending something that does exist, players exist behind the screens who control the outcome of the classes, majority are fine with locked scripted events and mechanics… but me and many others are not.

BTW it’s a game. Gameplay comes first. <— see this… this is why gaming industry went to shit and i lost the only thing that kept me sane and happy when i was a kid. Devs are looking at games being financial outcome only, players are looking it as only gameplay. Its supposed to be mutual relationship thing and not one sided street

No what i meant is and you all should know what i meant by that…

I meant that the devs should have labeled their game as early access and give us like monthly open server weekend days where people would playtest and then devs would make an ancete where people vote what is either too strong or not… what would make the game feel less repetitive and stuff like that.

1 Like

Btw @Fire would actually agree on my take for this topic and many others that are connected to one another that approve predator gameplay not being repetitive and locked into one place.

My goal here is not only make specializations universal… its much more than anyone could imagine… and i explained it to fire and hopefully he sees it as he told me he is sick of predator being limited to only this stuff and that…

What im doing is something for greater good that everyone will benefit from it… even devs and the publishers…

@Finessology
@Eshtion

Jesus christ ffs.

Ok first off.
Coffee.

What in the hell does the all the sjw shit have to do with this?
You know me.
And I’m pretty sure everyone knows I haaaaaate all the sjw bullshit.

Theres nothing sexist about it.
You’re not thinking clearly about it.

But I’m not interested in discussing that through typing.
You wanna have that convo, we can have it in a voice chat.

Moving on.

@Finessology
@Eshtion

Hes not wrong in the sense of perks.
Part of The imbalance we have is that preds dealing with way more perks and specializations compared to what he brings.

Specializations shouldn’t be limited.
At least not the ones we have.

Yes every class should feel and be different.
Unfortunately no matter what class you’re playing, they all are pretty much based off a single class.

To put it simply, we dont have 8 different classes or however many it is, we have sub classes.

It’s funny how everything always goes back to what I’ve said for months.

Each class should way more unique feels to them.

Zerker should have more melee focus.
Grabs, throws, tackles, idk think of someone going berserk.

A scout should be full range focus.
So remove wrist blades and give them a lazer attack.
Better yet, a homing wrist launcher.
Stuff like that.

Hunter?
More focused on traps and possibly the bow.
Snares, spike traps, ect.

Things arent how they should be and right now it’s too limited and similar.

And btw fin, a Jack of all trades should be allowed, but have their max potential limited in one way or another, so if a player feels they can overcome The weakness via skill, they should be given the chance.

That sounds fair right?

So, just to repeat it,
It would help balance if pred could take more perks.
Simply to match ft.

And current specializations sshouldn’t be class locked.

But, current classes should be improved and evolved and advanced so they feel different, even If it limits them in one way or another.

So that way theres an incentive To play multiple classes.
Unique abilities and gear would help this.
Even if other classes can use this Gear, it wouldnt be as effective on a class that its not intended for.

I’ve seen this in games before, it can work.
If implemented correctly you can see some pretty unique and interesting results.

Honestly guys, how did you keep this going So far when the solution and fake compromise was so simple?

Stop trying to one up each other and work together.

One last thing,
None of these unique perks, weapons, abilities, ect, should be locked behind a dlc.

I’m fine with cosmetics being purchasable, and having to be bought, but not things that affect gameplay.

I’m assuming he is FT.

I have to disagree partially but only for a different solution.

I’d rather Predators perks be stronger to make up for that number disadvantage, rather than them having more.

This would add a power Fantasy element to pred while maintaining that same balance since OMG THIS PERK ALLOWS YOU TO CARRY SIX SMART DISKS AND 60 ARROWS blah blah blah you know that type of thing that makes players feel good.

We already have that with large pouch granting two slots too gearheads one however that’s a weak example since srynges are way more powerful than medical kits and it’s only a bonus of one rather than 3. Also take into account preds mediocre gadgets. So while similar to that example, imagine that on a bigger scale.

And yes I know

But at the same time we need to challenge our own ideas and pit them against other ideas and look at multiple solutions to see which is the best.

I’m not apposed to matching quantity I’d just rather balance through quality.

I completely agree. That’s perfect to me.

Again I disagree on execution, but the idea I agree with

You want them to play a singular way to play by nature and have all specializations unlocked.

The way I think it should work, is each Pred has passives that gets the general theme of their build running, so zerk runs slow melee, scout is light and nimble.

but then their unique specializations focuses their abilities towards a playstyle.

For instance your idea was that scout would purely play range but there is thematic room for a scout to play melee under the hit and run theme. Then you have a sniper specializations that buffs projectiles the further they travel tremendously (as well as other buffs to incentives that playstyle). Then you can have the generalist range build.

With zerk you an have a combo build where certain attack combo’s would give invincibility frames for tanking damage and certain combo’s would be pure damage giving us a fighter game like character. Then you can have another that gives Zerker CC capabilities to avoid damage instead like melee attacks creating mini slam blinding affects etc.

The Hunter you’d have the trapper set up that increases gear points and trap effeciency. Then you’d have the archer with increased tracking capabilities (classic ranger build). Then you can also have the Hunter have a generalist set up given to noobs.

What this does is give each class multiple ways of fighting. So FT not only has to figure what class, but what build they’re fighting.

This also allows each class to have some level of customization while simultaneously being unique.

I will say my examples are not in depth. Increased gear points and trap effeciency isn’t enough to make a pred play as a trapper, that was just the general idea.

Obviously specializations would have to be reworked to do this and I think each specializations we have now should become perks.

I also think this is how FT should work

No ft shouldnt get anything like this for a while until pred gets to a good place.

Btw I dont think we disagree as much it seems for this idea.
That he btw, the first part you quoted,
I basically meant that pred has to deal with way more perks coming at him than he had equipped.

Honestly, for the sake of simplicity, I think your idea is better.
Quality over quantity.

But when I said specializations shouldn’t be locked, the keyword was “current” specializations.

See I really feel classes should be way more different.
So my idea is fully based off of more unique/advanced versions of our classes.

Which we don’t have.

Also, remember what I said about jack of all trades getting weaknesses or cons?

Well it’s so that while each class specializes in something, you can try to mix it up, but you’re purely going to have to make up for the slack via skill.

Such ass, I dont feel scout should ever be melee focused.
At all.

Instead let valkyrie take the role of fast hit and run melee.

I hope I’m explaining it well enough.
The reason I want this is so we have true incentive to play different classes.

There isnt any real incentive atm.

The differences in class are way too minor and purely depend on choosing different weapons.

I feel this would be way funner than what we have now.

Like, oh cool scout gets a cool lazer attack that can piece walls and works like a sniper.

And only he can have that.

And zerk would be like,
Cool, he can grab an ft and leap slam them into the ground.

Stuff like that.
But like at least 5-7 unique things for each class.
I dont think ilfonic would be interested in this, or be capable of pulling it off, but this would definitely help the game.

Then, we start giving ft stuff.
But, keep ft things weaker than preds stuff.

Ft should only ever win off skill, not gimmicks.

2 Likes

Ok but where did i ever in the topic said that im againts actual classes in game? NOWHERE.

I Am againts having locked specializations, period.

Nothing more.

I think they should get this rework at the same time (but we all know Illfonic)

That makes sense. She is a scout like role and came with a melee weapon.

But I still disagree with the idea that Scout can’t have any melee specializations in general.

I was thinking 3 each personally. Still think that’s too much?

No that’s thing.
Its not that I think thst certain classes shouldnt have any specific specializations, it’s just if it’s not their class focus, those perks/ some specializations should be weaker.

So.
A samurai would get a 30% melee damage boost, if its katana.
If a scout used it, they would get maybe 15 or 10%.

This is a very rough draft version of my idea, but I think you get it.

It’s just so things stay balanced.

1 Like