Thank You Illfonic

Battlefront 2.

Start was horrendous and was created by EA

Literally a classic a few years later and incredible.

Time heals all wounds…

1 Like

Ask yourself this though. How long would that game have lasted if it wasn’t star wars? It would’ve been dead long ago. That’s the main reason people are staying with this game. It’s predator.

Either way it’s still inexcusable to released a half baked product on the promise it’ll be fixed later.

Remember Lawbreakers? Yeah that game never even got the chance to be fixed and get more content.

This game is far from broken, this game has minimal bugs. Name one game breaking bug?

Glitching under the map to be unkillable isn’t a game breaking bug?

Eh, Lawbreakers was sort of doomed from the start tbh. It’s like how Battleborne had it’s own problems and isn’t even playable anymore. That and Overwatch is Overwatch.

I have yet to hear about that nor have I ever seen it.

It’s on one of the corners of backwater. I’m pretty sure people are glitching in walls in buildings too.

No, some buildings are taller so they can climb under them. Can’t lie Backwater is shit honestly

As I said, this isn’t about people with legitimate gripes. The game has issues. It’s all about how people go about letting those issues be known. It’s the problem with online discourse in general.

If you go out to eat and order food, if it comes to the table and it’s the wrong thing do you jump up and down and scream at the top of your lungs? Do you call the waiter and cooks fucking idiots? Do you run to each table and tell them they should leave because it’s the worst restaurant that’s ever existed and then shit in your hand and throw it against the wall? No you don’t. At least I hope you wouldn’t. But that’s basically the equivalent of how people tend to act with most developers and it’s fucking childish and embarrassing.

Again, everyone is allowed to voice their issues with a game. Be it bugs, design issues, DLC wants, etc. But no one is entitled or owed a fucking thing. And the problem is that a large portion of players seem to think they’re entitled to everything and more.

Communication wise, I don’t know what to say. They’re a small company. I wouldn’t be shocked if they didn’t have a full time community manager who’s responsible for those kind of things. Could they communicate better? Sure. Weekly updates with just a quick line or two about what they’re working on would be great and wouldn’t take much time to post.

But how do you or anyone else feel like you were conned? The game works. I get a crash from time to time but that probably happens 5 times out of a 100 matches. Hell I’d be shocked to find one game that crashes less than that.
I knew before I bought this game that Illfonic was a small developer from my time with Friday the 13th. I research anything I buy before I buy it so I knew what I was getting into before I bought this. If someone just saw the Predator name and blindly bought it then that’s on them. AAA Games have ruined a whole generation of gamers expectations for what a game should be. Hardly anyone remembers the budget titles that were common from the PS1 era through the 360 last gen. Shit like Army Men, the Conflict series, or EDF. I see a game priced at $40; I know what I’m in for and what to expect.

I respectfully disagree about the balance. The game is not lopsided. When I play FT with my friends we will win 8 times out of 10. We communicate and move as a team. The two times we lose are because the Pred is someone who actually knows how to play and uses all the tools at their disposal to full effect. If we’re up against a high-level and skilled Pred player I’d say it’s probably 50-50.
On the other side when I play as Pred I win probably 7 or 8 times out of 10. Those two or three loses are usually because the FT, much like when I play with my friends, work as a cohesive unit. Or because I played sloppy or got cocky.

Hell, the most fun and tense game I ever had was two days ago when I played against one of the most coordinated teams I’ve come across. I had multiple downs but not a single kill or claim. We went back and forth the entire 15:00 match. Came down to the very end when they were waiting at the extraction point. I manged to down 3 and severely wound the 4th before he got me and I triggered my self-destruct. However, before he could extract, the second after he downed me a shot from the AI dropped him. I never use my mic but I had to turn it on and tell them that it was probably the best match I’ve had in terms of skill and considered it a draw rather than a technical win. That wouldn’t have happened if the game was lopsided in favor of one side.

5 Likes

There’s the Karen Boomer! Don’t you have some high school kids to harass at a McDonald’s drive thru?

1 Like

Is it fun? You just do the same thing on 3 maps when they add new game modes and maps then yes but when you play for ages or get to max level it gets pretty boring

2 Likes

Been playing since week 1 been 150 for weeks I’m not bored yet

To be fair this game is still just early access. They literally put this out the door to squeeze in money before FF7 remake dropped. I would not have mind if they waited a few more months to have this game more polished. It still has some way to go, The Dutch Dlc and tapes were pretty great, But to try and justify the game for having so many Bugs and issues that should have been taken care of before release they did it to themselves.

1 Like

How tf do you not get bored 😂

Don’t play the exact same way every game

Yes I agree the way people go about it can be unpleasant. Yes they’re acting immature but you have to understand why they’re acting that way. Don’t excuse it, just understand it.

I’m sorry but if you buy a game you’re entitled to what was promised. Crossplay invitations was promised, yet we still don’t have that. Imagine if no man’s sky never received those updates. They promised features that never made it into the game. You bought that game so you’re entitled to what was promised. Same applies to this game and every other product.

Yes I agree with your point about communication. But small team or not it still doesn’t excuse the lack of communication. It’s not fun being left in the dark, not knowing what’s coming next with each patch and feeling like the Devs aren’t listening.

I personally don’t feel conned but I understand why some people do. Maybe you’re just lucky, not experiencing bugs, but a lot of people do. And we can’t just dismiss those people.

As for balance… I’ve gone into this so many times now so all I’m going to say is, if the power role in your asymmetrical game is not feared and is the one getting chased then something is wrong with that game.

Eventually you play the same the game needs more content is it worth £40 atm no in the future maybe

I didn’t excuse the lack of communication. I’m in total agreement with you that they should talk about what they’re working on more. Like I said, Community Manager or not, a quick weekly update with just a few lines of whatever they’re working on atm would be wonderful.

As for the balance stuff, well… agree to disagree I guess.

For features not delivered, other than the crossplay stuff I’ve no idea what you’re talking about. I didn’t get this until a month after it launched and paid zero attention to it prior to that. Never even tried the Beta. What’s missing?

My point was, you can’t say people aren’t entitled to something they payed for. That’s a terrible mindset to have that excuses terrible business practices. The only thing missing is crossplay invitations. And if you want to stretch it you could say they lied about the horribly worded statement that said the trial was just a fraction of the whole game. Fraction in that the content was locked? Yeah. Fraction as in there’s more content that’s hidden that isn’t in the trial? Apparently not. Which was very scummy of them.

Lol look I found the bitchass that can’t stop sucking the illfonic tit. 😂