The elephant in the room. How exploits have ruined this game

For boring yes. But making the game easy on Pred? No you can objectify that statement and that’s just wrong

But why does it need to be RNG? Ignoring accidental balance issues that’ll make it lick based, it doesn’t do anything besides make it appear in a slightly new location. Making it player dependent instead of rng would add a lot more dynamic content that is actively engaged with. Us you it’s easier to avoid balance issues. Making one path FT sided and another path Predator sided is a lot easier than making two paths equally strong.

Avp 2010 was also hacked into oblivion online. There are still active players on steam

Because it basically makes revives impossible without Field Medic if the predator knows what they’re doing.

It’s not like I hate the bow. I use the bow probably 75% of the time. It just clearly out classes the other weapons, and it just makes playing anybody but premades a little cheesy.

When I play Fireteam, I’m not always squaded up. Usually, it’s just me and one other player, but if I solo queue and I have to deal with a predator that just takes people out with the bow, you can’t do much but roll your eyes, watch every one die, and hope that you actually get randomly paired with players that have a high enough skill level to not go down in the first place.

Basically, if base revive times were less than 4 seconds, I wouldn’t really care so much about the current DPS of the bow. It would still be a little high, but not nearly as bad as it is now.

Also, I don’t like the netgun any less.

Field Medic and the Sawz50 are too strong as well in my opinion.

The Fireteam just needs to shot the Predator and make him go second wind before he can finish the guy that is down with the bow. 3 good fireteam players are more than enough to do that to the Predator as fast as the medic can revive. Field Medic is never necessary.

I played a game earlier and there were two dante field medics, I lost count of how many full plasma charges I hit them with , you just couldn’t drop them . Even a few spear throws into the mix . Spotting all your traps , complete horse shit

more than 30m away they literally can’t they don’t have the DPS unless were talking bout scouts here

i know we like to talk about how memey FT damage is but there damage is only crazy at less than 20m in terms of how fast they dish out dmg at above 30m it slows almost rto a reasonable degree even if all 3 FT members had a SAWZ the downed guy would die before the predator is in 2nd wind assuming to get that guy downed it didn’t take 50% of his hp
an oldie but a goodie

and i believe the SAWZ does like 252 dmg per shot hunter has 1250 hp 10% bullet reduction 25% armor at low hp possibly an additional 20% with impen yeah the downed guy is just dead at above 30m w/o field medic

1 Like

If the guy that is down is 30m away from the others than the field medic won’t reach him in time anyway. Neither medic or the FT might save him in time.

no in this i’m assuming the FM isn’t 30m away it’s literally in camp for the ft the predator is however 30m away but if you have a FM he is going to get up and everything is fine

1 Like

If we are talking about a competitive team of the same skilled players, FM is never necessary. You can take enough supplies even without support.

After Illfonic added this spec in the game, it totally broke the balance. We never take him in privates, cause it makes much easier to play as ft, and IMHO using him is not fair.

Before adding specs, team had to use their brains more often, for now, you can just take 2 FM and you gonna do fine, even if you gonna make some serious mistakes.

1 Like

Ooooo that sounds nice

1 Like

i’m just talking about a setting where a group of players individually (not a premade) knows how to build good classes

though you are right in a high skill setting FM is just straight up cheating cause it prevents the predator from ever swinging the pendulum of the match to be in his favor

Does field medic stack?

no the healing from FM doesn’t it’s just the sub 1 second revive speed is absurdly oppresive when multiple people can do it

3 Likes

No offense but I used with randoms more than my friends and I have to deal with the bow all the time, so my advice is let them die if they can’t dodge duck or run to cover let them die a trap can be laid if the pred claims or just rush mission

Well that’s because you’re a step above masochist but that’s beside the point. At the moment the disc is strong but suffers from so many issues to the point where it should just be indestructible.

I know that currently it’s what the devs wanted but that doesn’t mean they can’t be wrong on the issue, why is it that it can be destroyed in the first place when all the other weapons can’t?

It’s inconsistent, you want arrows to be destroyable and that’s fine but I say either make them all destructible or none of them and if they are able to be destroyed then make them stronger to negate the FT from destroying all your equipment and being screwed the whole match while they get to reinforce and regain everything.

1 Like

A time before anti-cheat was affordable lol. They also dropped a balance patch that never hit console where preds could be knocked down in melee and a nerf to walltailing.

Console AvP was fine as is really.

No problem. This is just a forum.

Of course. Occasionally this actually works, but…

1. Every time one player dies, I’m in more danger of being the focus of the predator’s attention.
  2. You can’t lay traps for the bow, the downed player is killed and the predator loses very little health for it.
  3. Some missions take too long to do alone, and 1v1 against non potato predators or predators that just use the plasma caster is usually impossible.

Wow. Interesting. They should just remaster that game and include that PC update.

Id still be trying to jump and heavy attack people because it messed up the tracking at an angle & I think they patched it out in the PC update, that game is like riding a bike though. Stealth kill range and angle got nerfed too.

Just a port would be fine, dont think it needs a remaster its not that old.

1 Like

AVP Preds can still be knocked down in Melee what you mean? (Some attacks and Marine punches.)

Also it’s been a decade. I for sure feel old.