The February update

So guys since illfonic hasn’t/won’t give us an estimate date of when this dlc is dropping when do yall think its coming? Also is this a make or break situation for all of us? And do yall think it will have more than just isabelle and a free rocket launcher? I know next month is my make or break if it doesn’t deliver, but we will see.

2 Likes

Expect it to be just Isabelle on 28th Feb, and you won’t be disappointed.

2 Likes

February 23rd, if I had to bet my life on it.

Just isabelle, im not setting myself up for disappointment but just that is a turn off for me.

1 Like

I think it’ll actually be early Feb just because December’s was also early December and that was one we also had to wait 2 months for. Could be wrong though but that’s the only thing I’m hopeful for with this update.

It’s definitely a make or break imo. Most of the updates have been pretty lackluster and always come with more game breaking bugs and skewers the balance. So many people have already dropped this game and I feel like this will be the last straw for many more if it’s another dud.

Once again I think it will be like the December update where we get Isabelle and her weapon as the paid DLC and for the free update just a few new fireteam weapons and gadgets and maybe a perk and that’s it. So Predator will be left out again and for the extra wait the content we’ll get will be lackluster.

4 Likes

Well the dec. Update was released early because of the holiday, any other scenario wouldve been late in that month.

Dijeron que a principios para el 8 o asi

Illfonic has never done anything nefarious or extremely unethical. They have just had HORRIBLE communication and bad priorities in development.

If we don’t get a content update this month, I will be a little disappointed, but not enough to never come back. I play for a few days every month. It’s always been that way for me. If they want me to play more, then they’ll have to do more than just “new content.” What I want is a large scale quality of life pass.

The balance is mostly fine. Just a few minor tweaks here and there are needed as far as that goes. The clunkiness and gameplay loop are what really need to be addressed.

(Also, the reason Illfonic puts so much emphasis on FT is because FT felt like a generic PS2 era shooter when the game came out and everyone got the game just to play pred. They have to make FT as close to equally as appealing to play as pred as they can get, for matchmaking times.)

8 Likes

Yeah probably. Still that small chance though but I’m not banking on it too much.

1 Like

^^This. All of it. Good summary of the situation and how I also feel.

5 Likes

Sums it up nicely @TheHourMan.

2 Likes

Why are you guys still have any hope? I must search for a normal game as pred more than 10 min, and a shitty gamemode clash (!) seraching for 5 min! Why people are still beleiving in this useless developers which killing their own game?

1 Like

So…here’s my theory. A little bit of hope + some dropped hints along the way that made me come to this conclusion.

Either the 4th (most hopeful) or the 11th (most likely) we’re getting Dante’s rocket launcher (obviously), 3 new predator masks, optimizations for all platforms and some shaders.

Following that on either the 16th or 24th we’re getting Isabella as PAID DLC. We’ll also get 3 new maps, gauntlet, a level cap raise and one of the 3 super Predators from Predators alongside Isabella.

Between the extra time Illfonic had between releases, the influx of new players from holiday sales and Fortnite crossover and a lot of the previous data mined materials, this seems plausible, If a little lofty as far as expectations.

Been wrong before though. Here’s hoping but as in all things hope for the best, expect the worst.

4 Likes

The day they add 3 maps at once will be the day Friday the 13th is out of lawsuit limbo. It just ain’t gonna happen chief lol.

1 Like

I think they have to…those maps will be exclusive to Gauntlet mode.

Feb 23

I don’t mind getting Isabelle only, if they don’t ruin her stats wise + some bug fixes.

I like to play as a sniper, so I hope they’ll do her right.

I’m betting it’ll be the first week, against @BadBlood

3 maps in one update thats stretching it considering that illfonic doesnt go above and beyond on these things.

The thing that caused me to take a break was the fact of in 2 months we’ve been given OWLF, NFL player that was an even more busted field medic, and now Isabelle. They’ve given FT EMP mines, Trackers, Rocket Launcher and few other little goodies. What has predator received? One perk and Viking a few months ago.

Even when Predator DLC gets dropped you still see FT get a good bit with it, but never vise versa. It’s also dumb to end up with not just 1, but 3 new FT’s dropped back to back to back.

Call me basic, but I want Predator content and want to see more of it. But, I don’t feel like playing when I am stuck with the same predators, same gear, same perks, no specializations, same weapons, no new ways to engage, etc. It’s boring and frankly really don’t care to play FT all that much, if I wanted to play as a human and hunt things plenty of other titles I could play that are way better and more enjoyable.

The que times are another. I don’t feel like sitting for 15 minutes waiting for a game to play 5 minutes then back to a 15 minute que. The lack of reward for doing so just makes it not worth it.

Till I actually see Predator content and I mean an actual content I probably won’t be touching this title much if at all.

3 Likes