The issue with the Trophies

Yeah if you try explaining things off with things like this, your verse ends up being very stupid. Using logic and intelligence in your world building, improves your world. It makes things more interesting and everything holds more weight, when everything , ya know. Makes fuckin sense

Also your nonsense about the OWLF tapes. Is extended universe nonsense. Again. The films are what is cannon, and extended cannon should then match what we know. Not contradict it. That’s what’s called, lazy writing. All data and logic points toward Elder being about 200. So predators quadruple his age makes 0 sense. And to say the younger predator, is older than elder… hmmm. Seems like a bit of a logical error. We can’t just let shitty writing and lazy extended universe stuff keep happening like this lol

Which is why I’ve never said it until right now.

If you need a actual reason, then here’s one.

We literally don’t need an exact source for how exactly or why Predators can be able to age up to a thousand years old +, we just know that they are implied too even with Hunting Grounds Lore, and we even have examples of Predators doing so within Extended Canon. Ancient’s Bio, Clan Leader’s Bio, Serpent Hunter’s Bio, it’s all connected man.

Golden Angel has Greyback as an Adult, not a cocky teen.

Predator Hunting Grounds is Canon to the Movie Series, and therefore Mainline Canon even if you don’t consider Extended Canon.

That’s such a massive cop out answer. Lol “well it’s canon so they can do whatever they want man” again that’s lazy as fuck. So in the films, the real cannon… we are shown 200 is old for them. So why is it here they just make shit up and clearly do 0 research when adding to the “lore” and just completely contradict it? Don’t answer with, “cause some moron wrote a shitty comic book and ignored the source material” I want an actual explanation on how or why they just ignore source material and make Predators 4 to 5 times the age the films have shown they can reach

Now hold on, where is it said that Elder is exactly 200 years old?

Also at no point in this game do they say predators are thousands of years old. It’s never mentioned. Which is my whole point. I think they are SO lazy it never occurred to them how old these trophies, or making a Viking predator, implies that the predators are

The trophy he’s carrying, and other items on him, imply the time period he was actively hunting. Which would put him around 150 honestly but 200 to be forgiving

I’m mistaken. He’d have been 300

Okay sure, actively hunting, probably recent trophies that he could show off, But do we know what he was doing before then? Besides Golden Angel, obviously not.

I’m getting into speculation here, but Elder probably was just interested into Humans so he wore Human related trophies.

So say Greyback is younger in Golden Angel, 1718, which he is. He is then aged in 1997. Greyback could have had a whole grand time hunting and doing Pred Shit way before the events of Golden Angel and Pred II. Again, speculation, but then again there’s no “statements from God” so to speak here, just stuff we have seen and additions since then, which would mean O.W.L.F Tapes aren’t really a contraction.

Trophies worn don’t equal age at all. There’s really nonething that says he’s 300 years old exactly while there’s consistent implication and even examples of Predators living into the thousands through added elements.

So I need you to remember predator is a film franchise. And as much as everyone hates to hear this, anything that’s not the movies is not real in the universe. Proof, look at some of the shit you see in comic and novel adaptations of films. You see the strongest Jedi ever, struggle to lift a small ship in the film, then we have basic level Jedi capable of ripping planets apart… in predator, we have similar things. Feats never scale, and everything is so over the top, because that’s how comics are. Very very over the top, and always contradicting what the film counterparts have said.

Need more proof extended cannon is nonsense? Imma still use star wars cause it’s just a wonderful example. Lucas was asked about Yodas species, after some of the books and stuff were made, and he was like bruh what are you even talking about none of that is a thing. The dude who wrote the original story, is who decides what happens in his story. Samuel Jackson said, hey I want mace windu to be alive. This was after episode 3 by the way. And Lucas was like, ok sure he’s alive. And suddenly it’s cannon. Mace windu is alive. The story is decided by the person who wrote the story, and if it’s passed on to someone else, you are expected to not contradict the original story.

Now in film, and make no mistake that’s what predator is, a film franchise, there’s a thing called world building. There’s something called soft world building, where there’s small details that if you pay attention, teach you something about the world. Something cool they did at the end of predator 2, was add some soft world building, by not only having an old predator show up and hand the main character a weapon, but INTENTIONALLY had a date carved onto that weapon. The entire reason they did that, was to show the audience something, and build the world. It was put on there to give the audience a general idea of how old these beings are.

Hard world building, is like. When Arnold says, “it didint kill you cause you werent armed. That was sport”
He’s actively telling the audience, hey, it’s a trophy hunter. Soft world building, is passive, and in the background. The entire point of the scene was to tell us how old that predator was.

So whether you want to use logic and his Attire, or film concepts. He’s 300. Sorry that’s a lot lol and also sorry to shit on extended lore but it’s literally always so much bullshit

The problem is that they do not come out, I play since launch and I only have 2/3 skulls, Viking ax and nunchucks, I am level 150 and I have opened too many boxes and nothing, most of them blue duplicates.

1 Like

Yeah that’s also super annoying

They should give a mythical trophy every 50 open boxes, for example, because if I have opened more than 1000 boxes and I have 4 mythical ones, the% is very low.

I think we can save us a lot of time. And say as a whole, do you agree extended lore is all cannon? And we should just go off extended lore? Because If so we’ll just agree to disagree. Cause we will never agree on this haha people writing stuff with literally 0 regard for the source material I just don’t follow. But if you do fair play to you and we can just agree to disagree

Extremely low. And on top of that mythical openings, atleast for me, are often like mask shaders or weapon shaders. Which is soooo annoying. You see yellow, get excited. And then it’s “systemic shader for the combi stick” woohoo

And above all the challenges do not help, on Monday I did the two weekly and the daily, now I can only opt for a daily challenge every 24 hours

I get what you mean with the Star Wars Extended Content, but that’s not really telling me that Greyback is only 300 years old.

Of course things get messy with combing comics and other additional material with movies such as feats not being consistent or random additions bring brought up but that goes with everything. That isn’t a valid reason to immediately discount Extended Canon, even if it seems jaring to you.

Through my own research, I do believe that Extended Canon is = Mainline Canon for Predator, and that includes some Alien stuff as well. If you can spare the time, I got the link to the whole thing I made here just this kind of discussion.

(It was intended for a different audience so some of the text at times can be a bit weird.)

But overall I do agree to disagree on this, no reason to throw shit at the wall over fictional lore.

2 Likes

Lol agreed. I mean also homie don’t get me wrong. You have a very very solid argument of “who’s to say he wasn’t hunting hundreds of years before he got the flintlock?” Entirely possible! I just feel in the context of the film they were meaning to tell us his age. But of course I could be wrong

1 Like

otherwise the xp is useless at maximum level, there could be a trophy room that shows skulls, weapons and masks but nothing

1 Like

Yeah that would be super cool