The issue with the Trophies

Then please provide the full context, my answer, and how my answer is changed based on the straw man

Bruh being an Elder is a rank too, yet Elder is also being old, they’re intertwined.

Am I the only one on the forums who tries to prove myself

Literally everytime some one said I straw manned them they provide zero evidence or argumentation

Ya you proved me wrong there

I didint say you straw manned me dingus I said you’re grasping at straws. Lordy

Meaning you’re just saying whatever, and hoping something sticks. Again. My answer to you was perfect. Not repeating myself I do this with you like, wayyy too much. Hahah

You literally said I pulling stuff out of context

This entire time I’ve been using logic, not examples

How can I use logic out of context?

Therefore it would have to be straw manning

Know what this makes sense

I never brought up the ancient mask

You did

Now I’m left to believe your putting words in my mouth

If that’s the case you should easily be able to counter my points

That’s fine you don’t have to have to argue all your points if you don’t want to

BUT DON’T ACT HIGH AND MIGHTY LIKE YOUR PERFECT

You want to be right prove it

I read the very first 2 things and I refuse to read the rest. Like I said. Not tonight hoss lol. You do this stuff too much I can’t deal rn. No, you have used ZERO LOGIC 😂😂 you use literal 2nd graders logic then get shut down then just send quotes from me and try and twist my words. That’s your thing. You literally said. They can be thousands of years old cause a predator class is called ancient… meaning you think he’s literally ancient in age. What kinda word association, second grader logic is that lolol anyways feel free to say more stuff. Promise I’m not reading it or dealing with your nonsense tonight.

Of course we can have more discussion in the future. But I simply do not have the energy tonight to explain my point and have it ignored on loop meanwhile having you claim you’re an intellectual debater the entire time lol

That’s straw manning

That’s not why I believe it, I believe it because there’s old predators.

Also when was the last time you saw a young elder?

Which yes, it’s both a rank and age which are intertwined

And this coming from some one who’s evidence is “he looks old”

Did the pot just call the Kettle black?

Looked at this for 2 seconds to see you literally again ignoring massive parts of my arguments and picking bits and pieces you feel like responding to. Promise anyone reading this sees what you’re doing haha just stop

“Your evidence is you said he looks old” this is the kinda stuff that makes me not wanna discuss anything with you 😂 actively avoids 90% of what I say.

People need to come to terms with the fact that Predator will never have a coherent or consistent ‘lore’ (that word just sounds ridiculously reverential when we’re talking about giant alien hunter lizards). There are too many inconsistencies and flat-out contradictions in the movies, and that’s before you get to the shit-show that is the comics.

With regard to some of these trophies (and of course the ridiculous cheesy cosplay Preds) which seemingly indicate thousands of years life span for them, well given that this species travels through space the argument could be made for time travel being a factor instead (or time distortion along the lines of ‘Interstellar’).

Anyway, the point is you’re unlikely to get a definitive answer, and even if one bit of media did give you one, another could quite easily disregard and contradict it completely. That’s the problem of being a fan of a niche franchise - there isn’t the same level of care and attention paid to the backstory/universe as there is with the likes of Star Wars (and even that has had issues with having to retroactively disregard a lot of comics and novels after the Disney buyout).

For me the Predator is essentially just the first couple of films and then a few cool cherrypicked bits from the rest of the films/comics. There’s not much point overthinking what they are - badass intergalactic hunters, and certainly no point trying to establish how old they can get.

1 Like

And your last piece there is essentially you saying. “No u” lol. Stop trying to debate it does not suite you

I enjoy your take on this lol

1 Like

I mean that’s my whole point. Is it’s just inconsistent and I’d enjoy some consistency. Not sure why that’s such a horrible thing to say I guess😂

1 Like

If you want consistency I’m afraid you’re in the wrong franchise. Pred fans are destined to be disappointed in that department.

1 Like

Either

A. It’s important to the context, so prove it

B. It’s an entirely different point in which I have no counterargument

Sorry for not proping your argument on a pedestal if that’s the case

C. It doesn’t matter since quoting it doesn’t change my answer

That’s your argument in near full

The entire post

You literally said he “looks old” and went with it

Ya exactly

Your saying

While your out saying

So maybe watch what you say before you start talking about yourself

I mean I feel the films (the first 2) are consistent enough. They leave everything fairly open ended as far as the world these movies take place in goes. Predators WAS staying consistent until a dude with a sword killed a predator lol

Not reading it. I’m really not. You’ve built a reputation for wasting my time, being that dude who REFUSES to be wrong or even consider you may be wrong. So I’m not having these kinds of convos with you anymore as it’s a confirmed waste of my time. And before you say “no you!” Just know I can literally @ multiple people who can tell you, we have had a discussion, and I’ve changed my mind. Shit I’ve even changed my mind talking to you before. But you are so bothered by being incorrect it’s a hassle to discuss anything like this with you

Yeah, the first two films were made relatively close together, and they’re not too different thematically or stylistically (though the first is the best obviously!)

The problem is when you get these long gaps and new filmmakers and creatives who, perfectly reasonably, want to add their own creative spin on the source material, and naturally the results can vary dramatically given that this isn’t exactly a high brow respected franchise in the first place.

I have many issues with ‘Predators’ but the thing that probably annoyed me the most (more so than even the lazy ‘super Pred’ trope) was that stupid sword fight - the guy playing the Pred was moving around like he was a wild ape - a stark contrast from Kevin Hall’s majestic and menacing movements.

1 Like

Bro. Agreed agreed and agreed

1 Like

And at first I didint mind the larger predators, with my thought being “well some humans are anomalies and are like 7 foot plus so, who’s to say there can’t be just a massive predator” then we saw they were literally like a sub species which made them way lamer lol.

Then don’t bother

Either wait till you can read or don’t respond there’s no shame in that

But quit trying to call me out with no evidence

Everything is a waste of time

If you don’t enjoy having a conversation why bother

I could say the same about you considering it takes two to argue and your right there with me “wasting your time”

In fact since you clearly can’t leave the conversation yourself I’ll do it for you and quit “wasting my time”