The issue with the Trophies

Sigh. There’s evidence. Like. Lots and lots of it. You literally just pick and choose what you wanna respond to.

Also you can’t say the same about me. I admit when I’m wrong lol. Like again YOU JUST PICK AND CHOOSE!! Care to respond to the other bit? Where I said I’ve had my mind changed by others, and even you once? Oh you don’t wanna talk about that? Go figure

OH MY GOD YOUR A GENIUS

I LOST ONE ARGUMENT OH NO

IM AM SORRY OH GOD FOR I DO NOT HAVE THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING

I AM SORRY FOR IGNORING YOUR MASSIVE INTELLECT AND FOR NOT STROKING YOUR EGO

HOW COULD I FORGET THAT I NEED TO ANKNOWLEDGE EVERY ARGUMENT EVERY TIME EVEN WHEN I HAVE NO ANSWERS

FORGIVE ME PLEASE

masseffect-grunt

Here you are AGAIN speaking INCOHERENTLY. I said NOTHING About you losing an argument to me I said when I was incorrect talking to YOU I admitted it. You literally can’t read, or can’t comprehend, one or the other. Cause everything you just said is irrelevant to what I’d just said. My ENTIRE point was I admit when I’m wrong. Lordy you are DENSE

You were calling me out for not responding to an argument

But let’s put that aside and say that’s bad communication

I’m saying I didn’t have a counter argument so I let it be

If I don’t respond to it, it’s a win for you

Yes you’ve changed your mind before congratulations you’ve won that point for now no need to drive it into the dirt and bring it back up

Ok. Well. It’s almost 6 in the morning here. So I’ll Just say, it’s been fun. And I hope you know, I do like you lol you’re a cool guy. Just when we debate it seems to usually go in circles but maybe that’s my bad for not understand your style of debating (just not answering things you feel you have no answer for) as I thought you were just ignoring things. In that case, my bad

James Cameron believes these trophies are passed down through generations. But it’s not impossible that some preds could be 2 or 3 hundred years old. Like elder pred in predator 2. His flintlock trophy could be from his youth.

2 Likes

interesting take what are the inconsistencies and contradictions?

Ya time travel makes sense to me

The Predator (it’s canon) established they use wormholes

TL;DR but I have an answer for your age discrepancies (which is were I stopped reading)

And of course don’t forget the fuckin Egyptian sword lol. Making you thousands upon thousands upon thousands of years old. Like 6000 years if im not mistaken, and that’s at the minimum.

Why is this a problem for me? Mostly just cause it seems fuckin lazy dude. And the fuckin SPARTAN SPEAR HOW DID I FORGET. Bro the fuckin SPARTANS??? What’s that like 10,000 years or more? Elder is old as fuck and looks weathered at age 200?

This is you man. Your words. What you just said to be does not make sense at all. Sure the Egyptians outlived the Spartans but they are still older than the Spartans by existing before the Spartans did. When the world was 10,000 years ago, the Ice Age, Pleistocene era, the Stone Age if you will, was still going about while the Spartans rose during the Bronze age. Since this quote you said seems to indicate to me that you don’t realize where this fits, the Stone Age came first, which is estimated about 10,000 years ago and then the Bronze Age which is estimate around 1700 BCE, far later after the Stone Age. Sparta rose to dominance in the 6th century BC. All of this can be looked up in a timeline sourced by historians. If this is your way of thinking, we are going to have a hard time here big “hoss”.

Illfonic went on the record by interviews with other outlets like AVPGalaxy that Fox made PHG canon. Just like Alien Isolation is canon to the Alien series, so is this game to Predator. That’s it, everything in it is canon until Fox says otherwise.

At the same time, you have no real source, proof, or word by any director that the Elder is ONLY 200 years old, when its suggested that that’s at least the age we know but not the final. Unless you have actual sources that can back up your reasoning, all you have to go by is just theories and nothing more. I like to see some sort of actual data before we can continue this discussion, otherwise this is pointless.

You guys are thinking too hard on these trophies. Just take a look at the medal for gods sakes. It basically serves no canonical purpose.
My take is, it could be part of a new concept in the future, its just that there is not too much emphasis on it right now but more like a work in progress.
But if they had a “kill and take” system that would be boss.

Yeah my words I said 6000 years minimum dumb dumb. Egypt existed before, AND after, Spartans. So you’d have to go 6000 years back to meet an Egyptian. But you still would not be able to meet a Spartan. Yikes. Intelligence is harder and harder to come by these days

Thats not my point of the discussion. My point is talking about the lifespan of Predator longevity being far longer than what Llama thinks it is. If you want to discuss Predators trophy taking then yeah, its a “kill and take” system. I thought the intention is clear on the subject but I suppose here it goes over many heads.

If you want to talk about the medal, it belongs to a legendary boxer correct? Seems like the Predator wanted to go hand to hand with the Boxer, as he must be that skilled and powerful to attract the Predator’s attention, fought and won the battle, took his head and the medal as trophies. Predators are not shy about going hand to hand for a good fair fight after all. I even recall the old first Batman vs Predator, when the first victim was a championship boxer in Gotham. Hell, the Predator even took his hands too as trophies which was pretty metal from the usual spine/skull combo.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/OxGvIQRI450EghOT6p-jK1tGiKvSEtbWRgtQN74E13uEffQSFzPjdHtoNohKUw_WgGQhrd3-lTdU7eY6UuiYHeaYyCAFwFw20JtFARvNRUFPJ-h63o5Pd5oJRtGxIYW-xWgPtPFYhg=s1600

1 Like

This is correct.

This is not, Spartans are not 10,000 years old nor did not exist in that time. That is what I’m pointing out. In your attempt to call “fraud” on Predator lifespan, you could not even get that basic historic timeline correctly.

Then you said this:

“Ancient Egypt” would be considered the Old Kingdom (2686–2181 BC), when their power is at their peak. After words, there would be their slow decline in power and eventually being under other powers. You still would have to travel farther back to see them then the rise of Sparta.

However, this is derailing, either show me something substantial about Predator lifespan in your view that is correct or enough discussion of this incorrect take.

1 Like

Yeah I read all this for sure.

It’s a general statement boss man. Yeah I don’t know the exact fuckin dates lol. It’s a relative guess. But you came in saying Egypt is older than Sparta. Which has nothing to do with exact dates it’s just a blanket statement. To which i responded duh. The first civilizations came from the Middle East. Pretty sure we all know that. But my point is if you’re being gracious, technically a predator who hunter in Egypt could be 6000 years old. Because Egypt existed after Sparta was gone. Stop trying to change the point of my statement to make yourself sound smarter

Say this now but earlier you said:

Interesting statement there.

Anyway, as I said before, the history thing is derailing and I asked for something substantial about your take on the Predator lifespan.

I ask for information on where did you think the Elder is 200 years old and not maybe perhaps he is older than you think. Just because he hunted in the 18th century doesnt mean he is 200 years old, only that at least he is 200 years old. Directors and writers on both films stated that Predators are long lived and can live for a very long time. It seems like you have nothing to show for in terms of Predator lifespan so unless you can find something for me to look into, I believe nothing from this convo can be gained further from this. Good luck out there.

1 Like

Cry about it pal.
These trophies aren’t for lore or some shit, it’s for customization and showing off.
Plus by your logic, how do you know the Predator didn’t snatch it off someone they were hunting?
Maybe they were in some ancient area and took it as some sort of trophy?
There are just way too many possibilities my guy.

1 Like