The Original

No I’m not.

There’s no point in doing that since while this is a public conversation this is between us, creating a straw man doesn’t do anything for me, and your there to immediately counter the point making it futile.

I had an idea of where you were coming from and I needed to confirm that.

Clearly I was wrong but now I know.

Rank in DBD doesn’t matter.

The plat in siege and Apex is good

I just hate DBD so DBD sucks :p

Yes that’s true but your complaining about it not being like the movie even though the movie would make a bad game since the Predator only loss do to being cocky.

Exactly. Your not going to get that because Predator 87 was a satire of action film hero’s and showing that even they are powerless against the Predator.

Unless you want the Predator to be op you won’t get that since the entire film is based around that including it psuedo horror atmosphere since this is an action game.

You’ll notice alien isolation is critically acclaimed and loved by the fans. Know why😏😏 I’ll give you one guess . Also rank in dbd 100% matters hahah like what kinda nonsense point is that .

You’d make the predator OP against single members. One or two guys don’t wanna catch I’m alone. But the combined damage of your team would be enough to keep him off. That’s how the game should work to have a somewhat horror atmosphere. BUT . One dude rinses the predator in this game

The fucked up part is that it is fixable

Unless the rights battle gets in the way that is

1 Like

Sad ain’t it lol. Also like. Just now playing the game for the first time in a month. And yep. Still boring hahah guy throws discs I just run inside. He gets frustrated and blitzes. Gets mag dumped and knifed and I solo kill him. Woo. Hoo. Remember when it was a flex to solo a predator? Yeah now we’re all like, neat bro very cool

2 Likes

Buff…FEAR

Single player game

Not multiplayer action shooter

You can’t have a multiplayer game where one side is objectivly better than the other.

Look at PHG now.

How is that even a comparison?

Alien the humans are weak

Isolation the humans are weak

Predator the humans are weak

PHG the humans are on par

There are potatoes in red ranks.

Ya.

That’s balance.

Not a simulation of Predator 87

Balancing the game isn’t going to make the Pred scary the atmosphere is going to be exactly the same except less boring.

You’re just tryina diminish my points here. But you know I’m right . Literally us just playing through the original events would be better than this. And yes. Balance WOULD add to the atmosphere. Right now. You don’t care about the predator! It MURDERS the atmosphere

Ya. It’s called arguing.

I try to disprove your points. Sometimes the argument is your point isn’t significant enough.

Like saying a nitpick is just a nitpick and doesn’t ruin a scene.

Also I like how “that comparison isn’t accurate” is diminishing rather than refuting.

mass-effect-tali (1)

Depends on how well made it is. As much as a dumpster fire PHG is I can think of worse.

No it wouldn’t.

At the point of perfect balance we wouldn’t feel scared. We’d feel a challenge, a fight, we wouldn’t be afraid because we understand we are on an equal playing field unless we have bad teamates in which we’d feel frustration.

If balance was tipped in favor of the Pred, FT would just feel frustrating.

Just like how Pred feels now.

Only noobs would actually feel afraid because that’s how horror works. The more you play the more you understand and the less scary it is.

And let me remind you this is an action game. Not a horror game.

Because I understand that an action game shouldn’t try to model itself after a horror movie? Or at least the point of view of horror?

Because I think Predator games shouldn’t be shackled to trying to repeat the original?

Why? Why does disagreeing on you on the future of this game mean I don’t care about Predator?

Or are you accusing me if thinking the balance is fine? I doubt it since I never said it.

Balancing the game would inherently add more fear to playing the ft. Which in turn would create more suspense. This is not a hot take this is pretty straight forward stuff

When I said you don’t care about the predator. I meant, when you(meaning anyone playing) play the game, you don’t care about the predator. Meaning you don’t care he’s around because he’s really not too scary lol. Not like you don’t care about the franchise wtf

Disc users eternally btfo

Buildings win yet again.

1 Like

It is a favourite of James Cameron.

I own the vhs, DVD, DVD special edition, blu ray and 3D blu ray.

It would never be made today as they’d call it a toxic masculine sexist movie. It was made in a time before studios tried to appeal to every demographic on earth in one movie. Today Dutch’s squad would be the most diverse team in history (original was actually pretty diverse) and Dutch would certainly be female.

2 Likes

That’s not scary, that’s sexy af

1 Like

Yes siege and counter strike

The best horror game in the market because of they’re well done balance.

Know what.

BTW the tournament rules gave Pred a 70% damage boost (by comparison) and a 60 second cooldown on second wind, and a complete gutting of everything strong on FT side.

Pred still wasn’t scary and we were constantly losing.

Ok. The period on the “right now” threw me off and I thought that was the entire sentence.

Yeah no duh doofus. 70% damage boost??? That’s fucking insane. You don’t balance by nearly DOUBLING STATS. You do incremental changes. 5%. 10%. Small things. No shit if you nearly double there damage they will slaughter everyone 😂😂 like wow jeez that’s ground breaking news

And y’all keep missing the point. RANGE damage is FINE. If you buff damage just overall that’s not gonna help anything. It’s a deeper issue than “pred not strong enough buff everything”. The issue is the lack of viability with every single other weapon in the game. The predator needs more tools to divide and conquer, and a period of time when he ambushes where he can’t be parried. To actually punish the ft members who do get separated. Buff his already inane plasma damage and we’re just back to the one shotting that was in the game on launch

We did

That was the final outcome.

FT is still op.

The predator having a variety of options doesn’t make it scary.

That’s not scary. Again players who play the game will learn and adapt. Not to say it won’t be balanced but people will learn and not be afraid anymore.

Why do you think the only thing scary in DBD is jumpscare builds?

It’s because any looming threat can be learned and jumpscares rely on triggering your flight or fight responses which btw, is not what Predator is about.

It’ll either be frustrating or action.

Ya that was fine.

1 Like

Lol oh ya! How about this!

1 Like

All I see is a moist hole.