The predator is absolutely overpowered in the current state of the game.

people get courage behind a computer
those people who are super annoying and think they know everything better on a forum are those who stfu as soon there is someone infront of them

Yes I have encountered those people throughout my life, the keyboard warriors.

It was difficult to parse what you’re trying to say but I think I get the gist. You’re saying that the Predator is overpowered, it’s obvious, and he can be killed without undermining how overpowered he is?

If that’s the case, I disagree completely and I stated how and why he can be beaten quite easily. The only real point of contention here is whether or not the majority of FT players know about the tactics required to easily kill the Predator. Though I don’t have any empirical data, I can say that the majority in this thread and the forums seem to agree that the Predator is not OP and may in fact be quite the opposite.

“…no one said he couldn’t be killed do it all the time…”

I find this statement to be a bit contradictory to your point about him being overpowered, unless “all of the time” is still a fraction of your total games played where you don’t kill him, in which case you were being hyperbolic.

What exactly constitutes being overpowered then, in your opinion? I would argue that even mid-level FT squads or better deal with the Predator with ease and that seems to represent the majority of players, again, according to what I’m seeing on the forums and in the many, many games I’ve played. If the Predator is getting destroyed at any level of play, can he be considered OP? Should he be powered down so that even newer players can kill him? Should higher skill Predator players lose to lower skill FT players (They currently do, anecdotal but I’ve seen it)?

“Skill has nothing to do with seeing that something is unbalanced that’s just common sense”

I agree that skill is a factor that makes balancing very difficult to do because you risk alienating your player base depending on where you focus your balancing. The top 10% of try-hard players are having a different experience than the vast majority of more casual players and any attempt to cater to one group will affect the other. Having said that, I do not think that’s the case in this game as the tactics required to beat the Predator are readily available via videos/forums and are relatively easy to learn. It would be great if Illfonic were to release some proper data for us to look at but they’ve been silent on pretty much everything at this point.

“…unfortunately most who use forums are sadly children who’s logic and reasoning skills are mia, which is why you really can’t have meaningful conversations about anything it’s just childish nonsense.”

I find this last sentiment pretty laughable considering your conduct thus far.

“Oh it makes sense now I just suck, what a tool lol. This indicates to me your below average intelligence or just a jackass elitist.”

You’ve been nothing but combative, rude and condescending in just about every post in this thread, not just the ones directed at me. Perhaps you should spend more time evaluating your own behaviour before criticising others because the oblivious hypocrisy here is unbelievable.

2 Likes

Rude ? Not really if anything I have been polite in even indulging you in conversation. The thing with forums is your not just writing a post with say one individual in mind you know others will be viewing it so people sometimes channel their inner narcissism, it was all over your comments as well as your last. I will not indulge you further publicly just send a private message

Oh my mistake, you’re right. I should be grateful that you would even speak to me because as we all know, narcissists crave attention and I’m lucky to have someone like you to indulge me so. I do think it’s best to continue speaking privately as we don’t want anyone to come across what’s been written here because it’s much easier to be a private moron than a public one.

GitGUD

You payed your money feel free to play the berserker

you know with this same arguement can be made with FT right? keep in mind this is more or less the representation for the on paper “metateam” argument where a predator can’t win against this if it occurs

FIRST Scar LMG AK vector and the double barrel shotgun use extended mag on all of them each of these weapons can down the zerker predator in one clip if you are a fireteam these are the only weapons you should be using unless your a sniper god the barret 50 (last sniper) and the bolt action are both fine at taking off the preds mask in around 2-4 shots the minigun is overrated but is really good in close range as another option instead of the double barrel the auto shotty and magnum are memey with the scout but not terrible it’s just other primary weapons/secondary weapons do their job better
with these weapons you now have the capability to downs zerker in one clip assuming your pretty accurate

2nd you have to know how to parry with the autos above it takes 2 parries to kill any predator in the game

3rd you should be using either the assault or support classes in all cases unless your going to meme with scout + magnum or + double barrel shotgun never have more than 1 recon per team you only need one spotting machine assaualt is strictly worse than support you will never need the hip fire accuracy and + revive speed could be useful but most of the time if someone is downed unless they crawl behind something it’s not worth trying to revive them the xtra perk points is fine as said in 4

4th you should only be using perks that increase your dmg to the predator or increase melee dmg and hp up it’s more valuble than the dmg reduction but dmg reduction is fine too and then for any low perk you should always be picking reduced recoil reduction or for 1 cost ADS movement speed increase

5th Gear you should always be taking medkits on every single class you use or syrnges if you can’t afford it

if you are support you should take both if your in a premade 1 person should have ammo bags and whoever is recon/scout should be running audio decoys + thermal distractions every other item isn’t usually worth using unless all these items are being used by someone it’ s best to have 2 medkits per fireteam so 2 supports are the best usually per team

6th communicate with you team if you have a mic if the predator leaves then come back without you hearing the roar that means he found pigs next time you make him run chase him when he leaves camps to a short distance outside of each camp if you find his pig stash is near obj camp it lots of em are closer than you think have 2 people in each location or if you hear him roar regroup

7th reinforcements 3 people means all in go their 2 people should split up you can be mudded for the entire game if you keep an eye on it rendering isolation worthless for pred if your all running silencers which you shuold be it has no downside unless the predator gets lucky on which camp he is looking at he will never find you until extraction

an 8th thing i just thought of if your fighting a predator who killed 2 people and he left whether healing or not you should immediately mud up and get out of the obj your in and wait for reinforce mission and head to it cause if he comes back he will probably wipe the 2 of you once reinforce starts he is alerted and you should immediately leave the local area not too far so you can sprint back to help your friends when they spawn but far enough that pred doesn’t kill you before they spawn

this is all you need to know to be successful as a fireteam even against other pred varients not just zerker combi do to raw dmg output you have access too

albeit more on topic i think personally the only thing predator has right now that should be looked at are again pig spawns/ pig hp healing cause now predator could in theory have infinite heals in one game ive had 8 pigs spawn in one place which should never happen

Bullshit, you probably don’t see any normal team. If all FT members will cover their teammates - you cant wipe them with berserker too easy, coz they destroy you more faster.

there is more then just pig spawns weapons could also be overlooked and improved cause some of them feel very useless for pred and personal as ft player destroying there disc and spear also feels to powerful to leave the pred with no weapons

in my opionion the only weapons that need looked at are club and disc as currently they serve no purpose everything else is fine even the stick in fact i currently believe the sword is a better weapon

Also, to the very few of you in this thread who believe the Predator is OP:

There it is, some reasonable data from the folks who play this game and it looks like the Predator may be a bit on the weak side, not even close to OP.

lol i remember filling out this form some of the result answers are interesting
but remember that was from before 1.06 which is the current state of the game so things might be diffrent now

In my previous arguments on the subject, I lacked any actual data and this will more than suffice especially considering 1.06 hasn’t done anything to slow down the amount of people complaining about how weak the Predator is nor the many videos featuring how badly the average FT can wreck a Predator. Pre-1.06 saw a stronger Berserker/combi build that would melt any FT that wasn’t working together and that is no longer meta, it just doesn’t work anymore.

The disc as useless as I feel it is, first of all, belongs in the trash yesterday, alright now that that’s out the way, as memey useless I feel it, should be destructible, maybe have 2?

The spear, should not be destructible.

But still, as Predator, if you cant deal somr damage with your basic tools, you’re need some improving in my opinion.

well the only surefire data we have is

dmg numbers for everything predator can do

Yep, I love statistics and it’s really cool of the community to do stuff like this for us because, lord knows, Illfonic isn’t going to do it. I would love to see match data, win/loss percentages, kills and all the other juicy statistics one would expect to see in a modern title but, you know, garbage developers.

that is how it goes my friend

Just stop his stomping around would solve issues. But if you get a csgo team in on this game pred berserker is fucked 1 out of 500 rounds