the predator is still the prey ....

The Plasma Caster deals splash damage. It’s quite effective with groups. I downed 2 players last night with it. One player was going for the revive and i was hitting him with plasma shots then when the guy got up I hit inbetween the two with a charged shot and downed em.

When players huddle close together and u send out a plasma shot, watch them, they’ll spread out rather quickly.

I’ve had some issues as a beginner predator aswell, but 1 thing I think they need to adjust is the Parry system (make it cost stamina) and the direct spotting system, I’ve made an entire topic about the entire issue I found when playing predator especially against PC players. If they just have it so you can area spot (the yellow eye) it would make it alot beter, I get 100% spot spammed by PC players (not yet had the issue with PS4 players) not sure if they have a macro or another trick, but still.

Also for fireteams, they should make each class have certain weapons, so you can’t have support with the biggest Sniper rifle and the minigun secondary, etc.

Huh usually when I do that the all just spread a little and open fire. I’ve never seen them stay still long enough to get a decent shot. So I’m talking like a grenade mine no instant down but enough group damage that the want to avoid it

I do agree that even now against a really organized FT that never separates predator simply has no answer. Especially when they sit where they know shitty hit boxes protect them.

2 Likes

Yea today I ran into a fireteam, where they basicly hid between the pipes, also I noticed if I kill someone while they are calling in Reinforcements the last one I killed gets to come back.
So what they do; send 1 person to call in reinforcements and have 1 person stay behind as bait (yes ingenius, in a way)

I try to get better, smarter even with orgranised teams, mostly poke them with your shoulder canon and keep moving.

Tho sometimes you get teams, which are rediculous they spot you from miles away and have aims that are insane.

well most of the time as a predator getting 1 kill(or 2 if you are lucky) and staying alive seem to be a huge victory against good fire team .AND THATS A PROBLEM ! It’s the fucking predator who is nerveous and he’s the one who is happy to survive at the end of the game while he’s the power role …
if most fire team where not hunting the predator it would be a good beginning to change this resentment
escaping with the choppa should be a little bit more rewarding (well it would be if the predator was not the prey)

3 Likes

I’ve been saying this thank you

What you do then is just down the bait but do not claim him until right after the reinforcements actually pop.

To be honest with you, professional predator players are the hunters and the FT are the prey.
A really good Predator can be a gigantic pain for FT.
The only predators that became the prey that I played against were literally beginners or they didn’t know what they were doing. Even tho they kept screaming in the chat about “how did I lose? it’s impossible!! Fucking FT hackers unbelieveable trash game” … no.
The good preds are a pain in the fking arse and they really feel like a challenge. Besides the preds that keep jumping around and going in full head on and dying after 30 secs in the fight.
I mean this is my overall experience as FT, and I have only played as FT since launch… unfortunately.

Yes for all the hate and back and fourth that seems to get thrown around in regard to balance. You have to admit the dynamics of the game are pretty cool.

What we have here is a truly asymmetric game where either side can be the hunted or the hunter, based largely on the skill of the players.

I do wish it was more balanced on the higher end of play, but I am not even sure that would be possible without the pendulum swinging much to far in the other direction at the rest of the players.

I think that Illphonic should focus on balance for the bulk of its player base (which I am assuming to be the more casual players) and the competitive players can come up with their own “house rules” they agree on to make their matches fair according to their standards.

3 Likes

This is literally what I’ve been saying since day one
Besides the whole pendulum thing.

crouch strafe technique u have to use plasma that sucks ass

So, I’m very middle of the road when it comes to player skill. I don’t play to be competitive. I can’t and won’t “git gud”
But even I’m having more successes than fails with Predators now. I reckon they’re pretty much where they need to be. Winning games as a Hunter, and not always having to use the combistick, is great fun

1 Like

I’m literally playing just for fun.
I really don’t give a damn about competitive and all that stuff. The only place where I’m competitive is at work.

2 Likes

Well said, I totally agree👍🏼

1 Like

Or a badblood hunting the predator and the fire team…

remove parry, that alone

1 Like

I’d like a new mode 1v1 fireteam gets pred Millar armor from newest movie

I’d like a rematch option. Or be able to tag a player so you can be put into the next available match with them…you know, for "payback time"😈

1 Like

Bad bloods are not op. Its just predator clan wars