This game is balanced

It’s how one side fairs against another side regardless of number or power

If two sides have a 50/50 split (assuming balance and not unfair match ups) then that would be balance.

Then they can still hear you, if you fire you give away your position, then they can see you, they see you, your not shaking them off easily.

thats why they make the one stronger than the 4 on an individual level thats why im confused how this is not balance/ an act to create balance

thats fair if im against a good team thats definitely a high possiblity to be hit hard and chased without long jump

1 Like

no. FT PC deathsquad can crush any type of predator just because of the insane amount of damage they have, the insane amount of heal they can have and because of the broken renforcement mechanics. not talking about 3/4 minute mission easy to do.

4 Likes

wouldnt 4 of the best always beat one of the best with good balance since if the one is equal to the 4 of the best when they are together and working well with one another wouldnt that screw over anything that isnt 4 FT working well together, 3 might have a chance two is screwed and 1 might as well just spread their cheeks

1 Like

Its balanced as 1v1 , they seem to forget the other three members standing with a smile on their face

3 Likes

Yes the one being stronger is how you balance it, but balance through unbalance is a paradox except paradox’s are real.

The one being stronger than a single four is not inherently unbalanced

No

No it wouldn’t because since the game has a true balance (meaning whatever happens it’s your fault for losing) it’s the FT fault for losing and they need to git gud if they have a problem. That also ignores Predator skill scaling up and down.

Plus balance is best through high skill players, who best to balance around then the people who break the game the most.

yeah agian we saying the same thing from two differen percpectives there but overall we agree that the one needs to be stronger,

if the one is as good as the four that stick together then they will destroy any team that is not good at working together which is over 90% of the matches you get, steam rolling 90% and getting a challenge 10% is bad balance imo

having a challenge 90% of the time and a harrowing match 10% of the time is still more fun 90% of the time

Maybe but also maybe not

IDK I just now asymetrical games are not unbalanced by nature. Asymetrical, but not unbalanced.

Your taking a top tier player, and then putting them up against non top tier players.

That’s like talking a pro league player and putting them up against randoms. Of course they’ll win but the randoms inability to beat a better player doesn’t make it unbalanced. True balance relies on the players skill to win and the ability to cooperate is a skill.

Or we could just introduce SBMM

I actually agree with that statement, with a few exceptions. People are just being stupid if they say the game itself needs to be scrapped. 90% of the pred and ft classes, weapons, gear options, and even perks are balanced, but a few need some tweaking. At it’s core this game is incredibly balanced and would be perfect if things like field medic and modified reserves were toned down. But yeah I agree with you that this game is more balanced than people think

1 Like

The game will never be balanced the way that most of us on this forum would like and with good reason. Many of us are very experienced players and some are very high skill level. So as FT we win around 90% of matches even if we are dragging around a public random potato player. We only usually lose when a good/very good pred loads in.

We are the minority and they have to balance it for the majority who, especially recently with the fortnite kids, are potatoes. Put yourselves in their shoes. The game would actually seem pretty balanced. A halfway decent pred will beat a potato team most of the time. Imo balance is a moderately skilled pred winning around 60% of matches. Those kind of numbers keep the FT feeling like the prey.

2 Likes

Personal perspective, drop FT damage 10%. Buff pred damage 3-5%, extend mission length and rework objectives to be more scattered and cut down on speed runners and you should be pretty close.
Pred needs specializations, hopefully coming next update, and we’ll start the whole balance conversation all over again

Edit: Also unpotato the FT with a playthrough tutorial so that they have a proper grasp of the game and its mechanics

2 Likes

I’d increase FT damage vs AI. Reduce it vs the pred. Wouldn’t give the pred any more damage as it’s not hard to down ft with the caster. I’d maybe make a charged arrow headshot an immediate down on all but a full health support or assault with thick skin. See how those changes go then adjust again if needed.

2 Likes

You know, your right.
Nix the pred damage buff. Maybe also reduce that support passive resistance buff a little though

1 Like

Dunno. I’d change what I suggested and let it run for a month. Things end up worse when you change too much at once because even one small change can have a cascading effect.

Plus I’d leave the FT one tank class since the preds have zerker.

1 Like

Oh no it’s less the support and more the Dutch 87 thick skin owlf standing next to him muddied up getting an extra 20%

Oh right. Yeah could tweak it. Just small changes though, then reassess. Usually when they make big changes in this game they go way to far. Better to just tweak stats and analyse the win/loss over a few weeks.

2 Likes