This guy here is part of the QA

2 Likes

What does he even do on a work day

1 Like

I kind of feel bad about laughing at this comment so much.

i don’t considering some of the bugs that go live i legitimately don’t believe this “interview” at all

1 Like

Yeah, I totally get you. I mean, how the fuck does somebody not pick up on bugs that are basically guaranteed (parry, backwater).

It’s a pretty brave move by Illfonic to basically name and shame this guy haha

1 Like

Me, having worked with “protection” software before, I’m pretty sure a lot of these bugs are cause by the fucking easy anti-cheat and when they do QA they don’t test “protected” versions of the spftware

Man spends days checking for bugs. (Update drops), 5 seconds into a match “when I partied the predator straight up exploded.”

I love how vague the interviews are like they’re shoved out of the PR department in a hurry.
“Basically uhhh we play the build of the game to see if there’s bugs and then we document also here’s a pic of my dog.”

Tl;dr they probably just browse bug reports and try to reproduce the issue.

Is there a way to see how many hours this guy has on this game? Because I doubt that by playing like 300/400 hours you wont see all of the bugs and balance issues this game has.

as QA, we check and validate what the animations (full auto reload, partial reload, etc.) look like while being observed in third person. So we do play the game, but we spend our time breaking down and analyzing everything we can in the game.

I don’t want to be insulting. Maybe there are too many bugs for one person to catch before release, but clearly there have been a lot of huge bugs that made it to release. I’m particularly disappointed that illfonic isn’t at least more transparent with which bugs are confirmed and being worked on. Something as simple as a sticky thread with a list.
@Courier
@OldKingHamlet

I do wanna be insulting. There are bugs here that have been documented by the community including video proof since DAY ONE… SINCE DAY ONE!!! and they still haven’t fix them.

SAW-Z with 10X scope is broken. There’s video proof. There are threads about it. Been there since release. Still hasn’t been addressed.

Mud up bug - you can’t mud up until circling around for 5 seconds looking at the floor like an idiot, clearly on top of a puddle of mud.

Leaping is simply broken. Instead of going over something in your way or not leaping at all, you will hop up directly in a straight line

Slamming is broken. It will cause the game to crash if you are predator or if the pred slams near you it will crash your game.

Adjusting graphic settings during a public match will make the game crash

Balance is broken. Even I, who have been a huge FT advocate, have to admit matches now are ridiculously easy. Most matches don’t last 3 minutes. A few less than a minute. And even matches against good preds last less than 10 minutes. Field medic is busted, deadly is busted, spotter is busted… is just easier than ever. I usually had a hard time soloing an average pred, now I just go and don’t even parry. shoot the pred and you’ll second wind it before you are downed

The only way for a pred to win against a good pre-made team is if the pred is extremely good and knows the team and habits of the players who is facing and even so… is still very difficult

2 Likes

Reading at the text. It explains perfectly why this game has millions of bugs. They only focus on the visual and animation bugs. They dont care about the gameplay and the combat mechanics in depth. They dont know that most of bugs are not affecting the visual but the gameplay, that is even worse. People care about gameplay. When they did the balance changes during these 6 months they always changed things with 10% buffs. But they didnt test and it all ended in failure. They couldnt recognize that a +10% could be useless sometimes (impenetrable doesnt change the number of sniper shots you need to kill the Pred, 5 in the body / down range doesnt change the number of arrows or pistol shots you need to kill one ft member) or extremely op (bane + passive bane of assault or +20% reduction for every one coming from Support). They didnt put any effort simply in moderating the core mechanics: damage, mission speed, reinforcements, melee and range weapons, ft weapons, hp of fireteam and pred and combat between 4 ft together and the poor Pred). They just dont care about how bad their game will become.