Toxic Community

I was joking. Your responses are very level headed so I went that route 😃

1 Like

I think Sony has an extra hand in the Predator pot.
The closest comparison I can give is it feels like studio interference like in Hollywood. 🤔😂

PS. Anyt1m3, I know but you are now my defence against that accusation, 🤣.
(It’s hilarious to remind OKH too.)

1 Like

Yeah but with given a reason for content to be postponed till the Game crash bug is fixxed will keep the player base secure rather than ppl getting frustrated till they leave and never return. This type of bug is something that the entire playerbase would understand that content has been postponed to fox

Twice in a row. My cloak is failing. Illfonic help!

1 Like

What makes you think Sony has a hand in the Predator pot?

PS Sony leave my stash alone!!

The thing is. The people who make content aren’t coders. They have 2 separate teams at least.

They would be paying their art team to do nothing.

That’s a lot of wasted scratch.

1 Like

Either way they need to focus on this bug more than anything

It might come to that, but it is unlikely.
The next patch is scheduled for later in the month. It is going to include a map and a mode. If the fix isn’t out, it will likely be held back. We won’t hear anything until the very end of the month, when they know they can’t get it out the door on time.
Sony, may ship it anyway.

I don’t think the problem is only on illfonic’s end. It could be an issue that requires Sony and Epic to fix, without knowing, how can we arbitrarily blame illfonic.

I’m expecting OKH to tell us more when he can.

2 Likes

They are the publisher, not just the main platform.

1 Like

No doubt.

1 Like

Oh yeah, duh…

They need to throw money at illfonic. Actually invest in the game.

FORCE THEM TO MAKE A PS4 PRO PATCH!!!

1 Like

That would be nice, can’t say whether they have or not though. Likely they did but I imagine Sony is now thinking they should get a return on investment even though that likely won’t happen till next year.
Any profit after getting books in order should be reinvested in the game. Illfonic needs to hire a bunch of specialized programmers for map building, bot upgrades and a bunch of other stuff.
It’s all gonna take time though. (And they are hiring)

Honestly they probably have but could do more. This game should really be Spider Man levels of popular.

Fam. We tried that. But people like me have only recently after 4 months of SHIT been recognized in the slightest. And even then we will be ignored. The people who actually gave good feedback died off months ago. You are preaching to an empty chapel

2 Likes

It should but from my understanding this is Sony’s first jaunt into this genre. They don’t know how to do it yet and probably don’t understand why illfonic asks to do things a certain way, even though they hired them for their experience in the genre. 😂

It still might be, depends on if Sony thinks this genre could benefit from events in the Dbd or battle royal style. (If they do they should let illfonic bring on a whole smaller company to focus down on that)

They still have Xeno’s and other things to draw people in if it does look like it’s going to collapse.

I also expect Sony will give them a boost of some kind when the PS5 comes out. I have a feeling Sony is depending on the Launch games driving sales.

1 Like

This isn’t that long. I get your annoyance and anger. No disrespect intended.

I said it near when I first joined. We can’t make them see what we see, we can only nudge them in the right direction… and it’s a very slow process.

Paraphrasing, cause it was a long time ago but that’s the gist. We can only nudge them. Getting any form of acknowledgement shouldn’t be the thing that makes you give up.

1 Like

True

1 Like

Acknowledgement is super freaking rare. You pulled a Mythic and made them reconsider their approach, likely to a future mode, which while not your goal, is success.

You seem less annoyed today so, since I’ve co-opt this thread unintentionally, I’ll take a second to talk about something you said the other day about it being to late. That the new players only know or want this.

It isn’t true, it just feels that way if you’re standing to close. Some Players do want what we have now but they might also enjoy the challenge your suggestions bring to both sides. You suggestions might actually make a night mode playable. Have you considered that the level of one sided play to the Predator favour can be countered by a good chunk of your suggestions?

Edit - 🤣, sorry had to edit it said chunky 😂

How so?

How so again lol?

Moving between compounds becomes the challenge in night mode. The Predator is nearly invisible, and much harder to track. Potential can get a kill every time they push between compounds.

Things like reinforcement, involves traveling around the map. Removing it is beneficial as it’s unlikely to be used anyway, adds tension and risk. Pick ups need to be adjusted slightly to stop thirsting, and a focus on getting them stealth killable by the evac, or the trip to it.

If the Predator can be pushed off easier but can heal more frequently, they can try more pushes in between compounds. They can also harass the FT while the FT are in the compounds brightly lit and easier targets.

I think a lot of your build is suggestions that might make a night mode fun to play. You know you suggestions better than me, how would you modify them to make a dangerous trip through dark forests fun?

2 Likes