Toxicity is starting to run rampant

Just decreasing his health… I don’t know if its a good trade considering the burst the predator has. Right now he has close to 1 shoot capabilities. If he has less health BUT you can’t shoot at it, what’s the trade off again?

This game needs rebalancing but its really complicated to do.

Like I said @Xan84

Yall are living in the here and now. Im already a rework into the future in terms of mindset. Because Ive already done the big brain work for rebalancing the game. I have a far more detailed post, Ill link it in a sec.

Preds stealth will be better, when he is playing passively, but it will warp as it does now after he fires any weapons, or sprints/leaps.

Meaning you will still be able to punish pred, but you wont be able to spot him before hes even started the first fight with you. The less health is a trade off because the stealth will become far too strong, and it will allow for a lot more in terms of the rework process for weapons and such as I described.

Thats my rework. its long so expect to read it like a novel.

1 Like

Lazy, I’m not criticizing you but I think you have missed a point.

The game needs to be played at speed, it can’t be slowed down to a crawl and have the same amount of tension/excitement. The devs removed things ie. traps because they slowed the game play down to much or made it about camping out the Predator.

I like your write ups, but I think the devs are right too. The current balance is about keeping the action, not wondering where everyone is.

1 Like

I dont disagree. In fact I quite understand why they designed the game the way they did.

And as biased as its gonna sound coming from a PC player. Its for the console players. The majority of the playerbase would become disinterested if the game was slower. They wouldnt have the attention span to really maintain an interest in the game.

Unfortunately this is the mindset that kills most games. Because when you cater to that playerbase, its a double edged blade. When the game is launched, it will likely make a TON of money off the rip. But those players that have short attention spans, are eventually gonna get drawn away by other games. And because the game caters mostly to them, when they all migrate, the game will be left dead.

It most likely makes more money, because its easier to get a ton of people to buy your game once up front, and let it die quickly, than it is to milk players for long periods of time afterwards.

Putting that bias aside however

you are 100% correct. The “Current” balance is purely about forcing the action. Hence why whenever someone tries to argue that the game encourages slow play with better XP and such, I call bullshit immediately. The game does the opposite. It wants you to fling yourselves at each other. The problem is, that the game we have now, can ONLY work in that way.

The AI is far too dumb to be enjoyable for FT to focus on while pred stalks them. The maps are far too small, and matches too fast. The objectives are boring as all hell. ETC. The entire game just reeks of being half assed, and as such they have backed themselves into a developmental corner because now the only way out is to rework everything totally.

My guess is, that wont happen. What will happen is they will milk the DLCs as long as possible, then let it die. And we will all have wasted our time and money waiting for a game we expect to come, that never does.

There’s action and then there’s a 5 minute arena shooter which is what we have now.

1 Like

lol true that fam.

The issue is that no one wants downtime in this game right now because it means doing the braindead fetch quest objectives and shooting at 10 braindead AI & has no effect on the preds gameplay whatsoever other than maybe making him rush to jump in so you dont call the chopper. It’s the absolute bare minimum for pvp player interaction.
We have two different games here and unfortunately the mission-based part feels tacked on and unfinished as hell. FT doesnt even have interaction animations. lol hows the pred supposed to know the target is busy fetching water samples from the posion river because who tf knows why when there isnt even a visual indicator that someone is interacting with the environment? What is this copy pasted interaction queue bs other than throwing in FT gameplay as an afterthought?

In a perfect world the AI are a threat to both the FT and the predator to start but this part’s impossible already because the AI are hot garbage which is a huge fundamental issue with the game.
Maybe the gamemode comes with a rework for everything involving humans? Maybe who knows since everything is a surprise with this game? Maybe they’ll update the roadmap? Maybe 6 week delay?

1 Like

Had a 3 guys quit on me last night, one guy complained that I was there too quickly after the first minute and a half. After I downed one guy he just quit and two others left right after that leaving the last teammate by himself. Last guy hid underneath the stairs of one the radar dish buildings on derailed. I helped him finish his missions and extract.

How dare you not give them a 3 minute headstart & let them clear the first compound??

But really I don’t understand the rage about leavers. If the pred needs the xp then keep the downed guy’s body ingame & give a lootbox for staying until end screen. Solved.

Maybe a lot of them quit to get into a new game as fast as they can.

Preds rage quit soon as we kill them most of the time. I know you get the xp regardless but if rage quitting denied the FT their xp then preds would still quit while we are defending the body. I think it makes more sense for illfonic to just give pred additional time to claim when someone leaves.

I could care less if someone quit after being reinforced or if they’re downed as pred and their bomb is disarmed. My problem is with those that leave their teammates to die because they themselves got downed (ik this is situational since you can have a really bad team and I’m fine with leaving there) or with press that can’t figure how to get in close an instead quit leaving the FT with no challenge.

Two things that still need to be changed is allowing the Predator to leave and still receive xp after being killed. As well as allowing xp to be received after the FT leaves for claims and extending claim time by 10-30 seconds after everyone is down.

Yeah. Just give the pred some time to claim. Problem solved. Ilfonic will introduce this next year because it’s too much of a complicated proposal for them. I mean they still haven’t fixed some day one issues.

1 Like

You sure do Cry alot.

Hows he cry a lot?

Well it depends when your 60 sec timer starts, right in the beginning of the match right after the FT gets off the chopper, or does it start when the FT and Predator first encounter?

If you want to start the timer only right when Predator first engages the FT then yes it is possible to wipe a FT in 60 seconds.

If the timer starts right when the FT gets off the chopper then no it’s kind of impossible i mean it takes at least 60 secs or more for Predator to even find the FT to begin with lol

Caught in a trap means they can’t hear, couldn’t see the shimmer, and didn’t have 6th sense, so they couldn’t have been that good.

-Complains about people denying him claim xp by leaving
-kills FT within 60 seconds before FT even had a chance to accumulate any xp worth claiming.
-big brain…

1 Like

Ha.

just give double kill xp on quit FT members… problem solved.