Underrated and/or Forgotten Movies

don’t really hear a lot of ppl talking about these two nowadays, anyone got any?

2 Likes

Never heard of them.

If we’re talking about underrated movies I’d like to point out Brian Yuzna and Stuart Gordon, two directors which many knows for the Re-Animator saga but that also directed pieces of art like From Beyond, Society, and Dagon

Then I will totally nominate The Possessor by Brendon Cronenberg, one of the best disturbing movies realized in recent years but not talked enough, almost a masterpiece for me

and last, one of my personal favourite movies in general,
Casshern (Kyashan), directed by Kazuaki Kiriya,
inspired by an anime with pretty different vibes, I wouldn’t have gave him a cent, but hearing an advise I watched it and DAMN, it’s a blast
imaginative, with great direction, photography, writing, messages… not a masterpiece but a great movie, totally recommend

2 Likes

If you’re unfamiliar with this, you’ve been cheated. Bale’s Unforgiven in a nutshell. His performance is that good. Everyone else is too.

Short circuit is a classic

I love Cronenberg movies so much. Have you seen the Fly?

2 Likes

1 Like

Yes of course he’s in my top four directors, Cosmopolis is probably my favourite movie

I’m glad you like him too! Can’t wait for his new movie next month.

1 Like

Farce of the penguins

2 Likes

1 Like

John carpenter is #1

1 Like

Cronenberg has a new movie releasing very soon

1 Like

He’s in my top two ahaha

1 Like

You mean the one they screened at Cannes? I heard it got like a 5 minute standing ovation, I’m hyped!!

3 Likes

This movie is funny af

3 Likes

Crimes of the future it is called .

None of his work beats the fly

2 Likes

6 Likes

Oh god I hated those movies 😂

Oh come on! Ernest saves Christmas is a classic and you know it!

1 Like