War club rework

Yeah that could be cool maybe the club’s heavy attack could be a grab and if he gets an ft he can just grab them and bonk them on the head

1 Like

Or melee weapons could be thrown directionally with a two button press.

2 Likes

Maybe the stun can be the fts vision going blurry for a couple seconds

I think the throwing should only be for smart disc and club

But it sounds good known the less

1 Like
1 Like

We need senate in here he would have a good idea for this

1 Like

Maybe. a longer stun time like 7 seconds

If the club had a stun effect on any of it’s hits that lasted longer than a second this weapon would literally be as good as the netgun

1 Like

That would work for some good combos bonk then combo throw

And maybe the stun can stop them from doing anything they can’t shoot and if they’re in the middle of calling reinforcements it stops them then they to start all over again

At this point it should get the same treatment as the axe and hammer in that it needs a heavy and a light attack. It also maybe could get a new effect or a longer lasting concussion specific to the club.

3 Likes

Yeah this why I made this dissociation the war club needs help and we must save it

And who did they even put in charge of making club stats whoever made needs to be fired on the Spot

I don’t have any experience with the warclub so I can’t make any suggestions

Whether or not melees need a new mechanic is only because we kind of expected more fun with it. Rather they just reused the same forula. I dont think there is anything wrong with it, but if they rework it to freshen the experience, then sure.

The war club is the Tachanka of the game. Leave it be untill 5 years down the road

1 Like

Thank you.

I would say War Club could definitely use a secondary attack, but as far as how to avoid making it a clone of the axe and hammer I have a few ideas:

1. All weapons that do not have a secondary attack get a parry function. This would allow for some pretty cool 1v1s happening, as well building a basis for a more in-depth pred vs pred combat system.

2. The secondary is a heavy attack similar to the axe and hammer, but it momentarily slows sensitivity and movement speed.

3. Similar to #2, but instead of lowering movement speed it momentarily inverts controls.

Just a few ideas on how to make it unique from other weapons in game while making it a viable choice to go up against good teams with.

A while ago when I played more frequently I made a video of only using the War Club against the FT, here’s that if you want to see some war club plays:

2 Likes

image image

1 Like

Ok thanks for the thoughts and the vid

1 Like