Was The Predator necessary?

So wut exactly did the hish qu ten look like? Were they just yautja but smaller and weaker?

They were not humanoid, they were more animal like.

To understand the hish, you must know the legend of the first Hunter and father to our tradition.

So if they were like animals, wut use did the amengi get outta Makin them slaves?

Bloodsport.

Pretty much, and less cunning too

It would be pretty dope if they made all this into a graphic novel

Ironic. The hish wanted freedom and then proceeded to do exactly as their captors did

You wouldnā€™t think a story about space aliens could be so deep, right?

Yeah, I hope Illfonic adds this to the game somehow(besides Alpha himself)

So Traeger says a bunch of stuff about how he thinks thereā€™s different sides to the Yautja and that the Fugitive is coming to earth to give them somethingā€¦ this really bugs me because if he was there to deliver a package why would they drug him and tie him down.

If he wants to give them whatā€™s on the ship why would they turn on him if they knew he was coming? It just doesnā€™t make sense.

So I think what Traeger was feeding Casey Brackett was a line of BS.

ā€”ā€”ā€”

The Predator Killer armour is a bit harder to work around if you arenā€™t ascribing the dialog to uninformed speculation.

Without simply ignoring it or making it a dream or some other hokey story move. Iā€™m not sure how you fix that scene.
The kid is different in it, he doesnā€™t respond the same way as he does earlier in the movie when heā€™s acting autistic, almost like he isnā€™t anymore and McKenna is having some kind of power fantasy, heā€™s all ranked out and in charge. Thereā€™s a new suit for him and nothing can stop him.

If I was in illfonicā€™s shoes I think Iā€™d plan on introducing a 2025 McKenna and have him be delusional. Heā€™s still a Recon sniper but as the sole remaining Loonie maybe heā€™s acquired his own obsessive habits. Like escaping onto our out bound choppers to go hunt aliens. This is possibly because theyā€™re keeping him on the same base as Voodoo and Dutch are stationed.

no, thatā€™s what you posted. Literally.

He read the revised script and they clearly forgot about the first half of the movie when fugitive was killing people and hanging them from trees as soon as he landed lol. After he left his instakill mask, gauntlet, and magic camoflauge pingpong ball laying around on the ground to be delivered through the mail later. Before they immediately jumped to capturing the predatorā€¦offscreen.

The movie is nothing but half baked ideas. Writer really couldā€™ve stuck to the basics of pred v pred but somehow we ended up with ironman suits, autism harvesting, and global warming.

2 Likes

And yikes are all predator masks linked or something now? Because he just picks up a random mask in the lab to connect to Predator Skype to see through his maskā€¦to find out where the autistic kid lives and is keeping his biomask. But im assuming thats because they couldnā€™t find a better way to shoehorn in this contrived nonsense.

Its not completely out of the realm of reason when you think about how Predators hunt in groups of 3 and how it would be beneficial to see through an allies eyes.

It made sense when it was a built-in recording like AvPR. He just breaks the glass and picks up a random mask that leads him to the plot device. He wasnā€™t hunting, he wasnā€™t there with a clan, it was just an emergency crash landing. With that logic assassin/upgrade whatever couldā€™ve also just grabbed a random mask and seen where he was the entire time instead of bothering to chase him around half the movie with his mentally handicapped dogs. And then I guess fugitive just immediately started skinning people at the crash site because heā€™s helping.

1 Like

I have a guilty confession, I liked the lobotomized Pred Hound.

My favourite line was actually Casey saying it was her dogā€¦ then the rest of the movie happened and well yeah, no development whatsoever.
Character arcs whoā€™s ever heard of those.

The scooby doo pred dogā€™s character development was when it inexplicably puked up the grenade.

1 Like

I saw the movie in theatre. It was a hard flop, few forced jokes here and there to try to make it funny.
The movie was a mix of comedy, family drama and a bunch of unnecessary bs/genres, when it should be just one, survival horror like the first Predator and Predators.
Instead we got a mix of every genre in it, resulting in a disaster.
Thereā€™s so many illogical things in the movie, that Alien Covenant is a little baby compared to it. I could count all the illogical stuff from top of my head, but wasting time on this abomination isnā€™t worth it.

Whats this garbage from?

The good predator movie formula:
Rip off of popular action franchise with big name lead actor, and add predator throwing things for a loop just by showing up.

Gimme a tom cruise one already