Ways to make pred play harder for the benefit of weak fireteam

Fireteam played by high skills players is one thing. And its SUCKS. (edit: read, “tryhard cutthroat assholes.”)

But when you are playing pred and you find your fireteam fellow players are too easy for you, then do you just curbstomp them and go back to queue?

Not me. I think that providing a frightening but not overbearing predator experience to your fellow players who are fireteam will not only encourage them to keep playing this game and keep the playerbase at a healthy level, but also ease their learning curve into better players.

Here are some ways I change my predator play when in game with weaker fireteam:

1. Stealth kills only. Do not claim any bleeding out fireteam and do not stop them from getting revives. Only claim what you have killed with a stealth kill.

2. Favor using the plasma caster and intentionally miss shots! See if you can herd them or cause them to panic.

3. Use hit and run tactics even if you feel you can press them and finish them off. Let them continue on.

4. Harass them, but allow them to finish the mission. Allow one, and only one, fireteam member to escape.

5. If a fireteam starts with less than 4 members, or members quit before waiting for the others to revive them, I often help them finish the mission and escape!

Sometimes its hard for me to curb my killer instinct to follow my own rules and I kill them all in the heat of battle. Such is the hunter’s blood. But I like to think I give better gameplay experiences to new and casual players by doing these things.

Or they feel I’ve just tortured them for 10 or 15 minutes. Either way, win!

5 Likes

When FT cowards stop fleeing from an honorable death is when I stop curbstomping them. The game we play is not for the weak at heart. We play for keeps.

I do try to offer advice but most are too salty to hear it.

Guess your not as bad as our first forum interactions indicate.
More players should give the other side some breathing room, lately I’ve been letting a Pred who pushes too hard, run away and heal the first time. I only run them down if it’s later in the game.

Got to play with my friends earlier and it makes a big difference, random’s are much harder to work with. Shout out to Goofball and Phoenix, GG.

1 Like

I’ll admit that playing to get stealth kills is also pretty fun but I find that fireteam players still get upset when a predator does this.

If thats what you want to do be my guest. Just don’t make me follow your rules.

I know that you haven’t said that I need to but I just want to prevent a DBD situation here where the community polices each other over their own interpretations of right and wrong.

1 Like

Policing the community how?

And these are just suggestions.

I know. Like I sad I just want to say my piece.

But basicly the community was very toxic because of this. they would be as toxic as possible to police you. Mainly it was just messaging you and talking about how ToXiC yOu ArE, and to F off etc. But it was definitely a mood ruiner. Basicly you would have to distance yourself from the community as much as possible. Plus theres if they get into another match with you they be as annoying as possible to you. Essentially the same tactics that they considered toxic. I had two people harrass me for an hour because ONE match I had bad internet. (Despite the fact that it was the middle of night and was probably half way across the country)

Meh. Toxicity does not concern me me this setting. I’m plenty vitriolic myself. Grow some skin.

Toxicity isn’t that bad for me. therefore a toxic community is completly fine. Is that basicly what your saying here?

Yes. Show some backbone.

You seem to have misunderstood, behrg is a toxic fuck but one who at least plays like he’d like other people to have fun too. That’s better than nothing.

1 Like

At least theres that…

1 Like

You know I always considered people who took dead by daylight serious to be retarded, and if that’s how they’re acting, that pretty much confirms they are lol.

I can still see the game being fun tho if you play it just messing around with buddies tho.

1 Like

TBF, its not so much that they think its a serious game; But they’re serious people who like the game and would like to take it seriously. But thats just defending people taking it seriously. Not the toxic people.

Idk I just think what I do cause ever since I tried it, I feel like it was made to just have fun with friends.

I cant see how people enjoy it that much to dedicate a lot of time to it.

Another way to play:

1. Only down one fireteam member at a time, and only claim downed fireteam members using a long claim.

I kill 3 of them and force the reinforce immediately. Then I fuck with them for the rest of the match (though one almost always ragequits. Fucking annoying. There really does need to be a penalty for that shit)

1 Like

Lazy, I used to kill three as soon as I could as well. But I started to play it slower to try to keep people from rage quiting.

Really, we all need to feel like we have a fighting chance in order to enjoy our games.

1 Like

Then the devs need to fix the game. Not expect me to drag it out artificially for others enjoyment.

Edit

(i dont disagree but the more people ragequit the more the devs are forced off their ass to fix the game.)

1 Like

Its the only current predator game we have. Lets make the most of it.

1 Like