WeebyKiwiis trash

I don’t consider jump spamming a skill, but I really don’t care. I don’t need to resort to that tactic to win as predator, and I haven’t played fireteam in weeks.

I’ve actually moved on mostly to Warframe until the next balance patch. I play PHG as predator, occasionally, to keep the rust off.

1 Like

Warframe is actually a good game so try not to get lost in your hunt for prime frames (and also it’s basically superior Destiny)

2 Likes

Predator already essentially has less stamina than FT. Adding stamina drain to little hops would be ridiculous.

8 Likes

Yeah. I found out my brother was really into it a few years ago. He’s mastery rank 15, so he’s helped me progress very quickly.

1 Like

No, jumping should not drain stamina. Jumping also helps make melee viable in some situations and it helps counter parries.

Jumping may also be a part of some people’s play style.

If anyone needs a nerf it’s the fireteam. How are you not complaining about the insane amount of stamina that the fireteam has?

2 Likes

also just on a side note optimized movement is always a skill in video games look at every single other genre of games that are played competitively even if it’s just spamming a thing

i don’t see people saying melee players who spam “wavedashing” as lacking skill or the way speed runners optimize jumping and speed boosting in Super Metriod

but i’ll be satisfied that you don’t wanna talk about it so i’ll drop it here its just the term spamming for me is never a good term for something that imo clearly separates play-styles in a tangible manner

(by tangible i mean if we took 2 predators and had them each kill a fireteam member one using jump canceling and one not the one who doesn’t will simply take more damage even if they both kill the guy with little time difference between them since one took less damage that would in turn make him more successful)

3 Likes

I agree. Both are problems as I see it. Manly, the fireteam has too much ranged DPS and health boosts from passive perks.

1 Like

Titanfall 2 has skill based movement, that you can’t just spam. It actually takes timing and spatial awareness.

PHG jump spamming takes neither.

while you are correct as from what i remember there were some frame linking involved in order to maintain momentum (which is basically the same in frame perfect inputs in say SFIV)

that still falls in line for optimizing movement which as i say takes skill even if that skill is just knowing you should and doing that constantly

( i remember a long time ago an argument on skill happened in a thread and someone posted a graph showing game genres and how much skill they used via a study that related to brain functions but i don’t feel like hunting it down)

2 Likes

“ThUnDeR CaT says you’re TrASh” - end spoiler warning

3 Likes

Kiwi did great tbh.

1 Like

But bullet spam, nope, no problem there.
You literally can not stay still, you have to keep moving.

I would like to point one thing out.
I remember when I play against you, were jumping everywhere, you didnt stay still.
Which you need to on pred.

But you do it as well.
You dont stay still.

1 Like

In the current state of balance, I prefer to support the predator in any case

2 Likes

Just looked at @weebykiwi’s trash. Looks like the garbage is @Thunder-Cats. I can get why kiwi sent him to the curb.

5 Likes

There is a difference between constantly re-positioning or just bouncing up and down.

1 Like

Only thing @Thunder-Cats can do is to bark at better players, lol.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with bunny hoping Predator in my opinion. It does take skill to land those arrow shots so it is fine imo.

2 Likes

True, but at 57 damage from quick shots, 3 hits for 171 damage isn’t very hard, but that’s a bit of a separate issue.

1 Like

Eh FT Dps still worse, so until they nerf the DPS the bow should remain the same

1 Like

You should hear how Onion talks to his teammates when he is on edge, major prick. Thinks his shit doesn’t smell. Best part is when match is over he calls people trash if they beat him or give him a run for his money. He called me a plasma spammer last night too, then proceeded to do the same shit later on his stream among other less favorable things like melee through wall. Yet he has the nerve to call other people trash.

1 Like