Why can't we cloak during second wind?

For real. I mean, the most vulnerable time for a Predator in the game, we cant cloak. No climbing trees is one thing, but no cloaking is a little ridiculous. I dont think I’m alone on this one either.

I dunno… why can’t fire team shoot when they are downed?

Try not to get second winded mate

5 Likes

Seems silly. FT i get, they have to raise a heavy rifle and fire it, but if theybhad a sidearm equipped maybe. Predator has to hit one small button and sometimes they are still cloaked when second winded by a sniper.

1 Like

id say the only thing that should happen is the white outline should disapear. Other than that I think its fair as there are perks to help your situation if you dont like it.

2 Likes

I believe the game explains that when you’ve sustained a critical level of damage, there is a burst of energy that cauterizes your wounds and provides a temporary shield. There just isn’t enough energy to keep the predator on life support and maintain a cloak.

8 Likes

You can leap ,use this skill man

2 Likes

You’re supposed to feel vulnerable when in second wind… that’s the point. GET AWAY IF YOU CAN! Just like the FT are sitting ducks when the are downed.

4 Likes

most powerful weapon right now with traps is disc, I am getting pretty fast and crafty of quickly dispatching foes in mere seconds with the bear trap disc macro

2 Likes

Thats gotta chap their hides too…

it def sets the ass onfire. youll never see a ft pecker up so fast

Oh, I do all these things, trust me. It just seems strange. On a separate note, I like the idea of the disc/trap combo.

1 Like

thats a good buff for pistol !!!

Secondwind is part of the game and its by no means means the game is over. In the current meta vs really good teams… youll down one and either

1. Down one but cant claim because your already 1/2 hp and if you shoot from ranged you may get hit or second winded. (if this scenario applies and you know what your doing dive get the kill and get second winded) with impatient at the moment its really fast how quickly your back into the game.
  2. When second winded just jump up to the highest points up the map and gain the distance.
    3After second wind heal to full with your 4 heals and go hunting… just me more careful and dont risk until your second wind is back in 2min. (if you go impentrable and get hit a lot by good ft and your gettting second wind anyways… it really kills your ability to be aggressive.
  3. So many tests done if you run impenetrable you might as well run height advantage too and take a dmg hit. This really kills your dps and is not recommended unless you take downrange instead of large pouch.
1 Like

Because your special alien tech is keeping you alive

1 Like

Like I said, I do all the tricks. Its just one of those things that raises an eyebrow. Not the end of the world, just a funky mechanic. Like, were I the dev team, Preds would still be able to cloak during SW but still bleed, and FT would be able to use their sidearm when downed. 2 simple things, but I think a lot of players on both sides would be happy with them.

It makes far more sense for a downed marine to use his main weapon considering he can move around then a second wind predator be able to clock when the energy is used to make you invulnerable and keeps your guts from spilling out.

Nope. Sorry. Makes way less sense for a severely injured Predator, still on its feet and able to sprint and jump, but not to be able to push a button than a dying human to raise a rifle, shotgun or friggin grenade launcher and operate it effectively. Preposterous at best, my friend.

Aha, so if I unplug your TV all you have to do to power it on is push the power buttoin? With no power from the outlet? The tech power is diverted into keeping your guts from spilling out and bleeding to death, also providing you with a damn shield. Then when the system is maxed out you tell me its about pushing a button? Seriously? If you can crawl around on the ground the way you do, it makes perfect sense that you can lift your damn assault rifle and shoot. Someone in full gear probably has more then 100 kg on him and he can crawl around, if he can do that, he can lift an AR and shoot.

1 Like

You cannot go into a cloak because the energy system of your armor is overheating to cauterize your wounds. For the same reason, you cannot use blades and plasma cannons, they overheat and all the energy goes to the shield, that white thing around you. Do not thank.

1 Like

Because it’s an energy overload. The Predators energy source sends a surge of electricity through the Predator causing cauterisation, allowing the Predator time to escape and heal.

2 Likes