Why did Illfonic cross the road?

If youā€™re a game developer, you have all the more reason to bitch and toxicify this community for a team making large movesā€¦but as a general consumer who have played all the games of monster franchisesā€¦this take is a very good one. Every review is stating it too.

Its a small minority of idiots who donā€™t know a good thing and who donā€™t know how to shut the fuck up.

Not to mention a group of devs who are frustrated as a shit heel because Sony doesnā€™t know how to communicate how Livestreaming are making games freeze up. But donā€™t get me started on that.

Think about it, it Livestreaming is causing PS4s to buckleā€¦they are not going to admit it. They DO NOT want ppl to stop live streaming because its a major revenue generator.

1 Like

Ah, I understand the dev comment now. Apologies I misunderstood before.

1 Like

This game should have been in development for at least another year

It was rushed

Itā€™s hurting for that mistake

They can recover fully but they have their work cut out for them

@MassImpact124 How am I spoiled exactly?

2 Likes

Thats technology for youā€¦investors WANT it out there because its assumed software development will get it right in iterative states. PATCH after Patch after patch! God bless the few who are enjoying it.but for the restā€¦be patient!

@BadBlood I donā€™t know what your expectations areā€¦but lots of ppl are absorbed in the process and have come to understand it through patience.
Thats all i can say. I probably have patience of a beetle.

Iā€™m definitely enjoying the game just not making excuses for the devs

My expectations are for a smooth gaming experience but that is with every game.

3 Likes

If your expectations from Devs are like getting your sugar hit from your breakfast cerealā€¦you should break that expection right now.

I donā€™t disagree it could have used more dev time. A year is kinda arbitrary and Iā€™d rather say it could have had more map variety, larger number of them and a progression system that accounts for the grind that these games need. The system needs to both have grind and balance around daily players and casual players ability.

Iā€™d love to build one, thereā€™s too many things you need to know before you can though it isnā€™t helpful to just say you could do this or this or this without knowing at bare minimum what lore is going to be revealed and where the game is trying to grow too.

I really donā€™t think people give them enough credit. Developing a game isnā€™t easy. Weā€™re all arm chair devs with flawed understanding of limits and constraints we canā€™t be aware of.

Iā€™m not willing to say they havenā€™t twice delivered games that more than meet my childhood expectations, cause young Slasher never thought weā€™d get any.

1 Like

just to reiterate
Think about it, if Livestreaming is causing PS4s to buckleā€¦they are not going to admit it. They DO NOT want ppl to stop live streaming because its a major revenue generator.

and if itā€™s not a revenue generator, the debt will need another major company to get them out of that rabbit hole

Interesting development.

How did you come to this conclusion?

Its just that obvious!!!
Livestream your games is a very popular thing and lots of ppl are doing itā€¦another hit maker evident from Youtube, Twitch,etcā€¦whether or not it generates revenue is just a matter of timeā€¦if its notā€¦they will still develop for it and maintain itā€¦until there is A HUGE COMPANY like Google, AMD, videocard makers, Sony who are going to find ways to optimize it laterā€¦much later.

Right now its just small people who are complaining about something thats general like ā€œmy game is freezingā€. That freezing is a hardware crisis. Ask any IT person.

I could just STFU and say its illfonics faultā€¦but then Iā€™ll look just as stupid as @Fart

If ppl understood this there would be 100 threads less in the forums about this topic.

IT ppl are facepalming themselves everyday about it.

A lot of polish can be done in a year

A lot of new assets can be made in a year

Iā€™m not too familiar with coding but I have first hand experience with Maya and know the art aspect is very streamlined especially with unreal engine

I give them all the credit and criticism they deserve

This game has the same problems F13 had only
arguably worse and that worries me

To get In the office to fix our broken game but instead made it worse

1 Like

You pretty much came in with half a thoughtā€¦MY GAME is not brokenā€¦and maybe your TV is making you broke!

Illfonic does not cross the road, cause they are never in the office.

as you can see they are heavily invested in 1992 street fighter

3 Likes
  1. What the fucc does this mean?
    2.the game has been crashing constantly since last update for a lot of ppl the game barley works not to mention all the bugs
1 Like

For yourself or are you trying to champion a cause for some anonymous group of ppl who CLAIM it crashes? LOL. Way to be a follower!

granted this they can def VPN in and do their job from homeā€¦ the days of 9-5 are done. As the metrics for the jobs that I hire show people do far better at home and more work on their own schedule than forced into prison.
Obviously this insnt for everyoneā€¦ either come in or ill fix it for you.

I like turtles

4 Likes

I like Turtles.

4 Likes

So in a nutshell, ps4 cannot handle the game. So stop complaining about it, hope they fix it? Or hope they will port to the ps5? Is that what you are saying? Cuz all Iā€™m seeing is that devs didnā€™t account for that and now we are feeling shafted regardless if the game is being streamed.

1 Like