Why don't we have a predator with a long range bonus ?

Samurai, viking, cleopatra, they all have a melee damage boost. So why don’t we have any predator with a long range damage boost ? That’s weird… The falconer class would have been a good way to introduce this new feature, but they didn’t, that’s sad. Anybody knows why they didn’t do that ?

6 Likes

Because that’s Illfonic. They nerf the fuck out of pred melee but don’t provide any more ranged options. Instead they keep giving us garbage melee weapons.

That said, the last patch definitely buffed melee. It’s actually viable sometimes now. So that’s good.

7 Likes

Nah now it’s nerf melee when it can actually be useful, soon we’ll be back to square one again.

1 Like

Because ranged is already the best way to play the game. Same reason they’re terrified of adding ranged weapons.

5 Likes

Because the dmg on bow can vary from light to heavy when you charge. Then you have downrange…

1 Like

No it’s not it was once but they nerft the plasma caster and head shots with the bow

I thought Elder was a ranged kind of class

2 Likes

That’s how most people use him

Isn’t that the only way to use him, his hit points went down by 15 I thought?

Idk. My approach with him is snipe for a while and near end of match bring out the stick

That seems like a good thing for him, chip away health or downs and when their low enough come in with hits

Properly equipped there are plenty of builds that slap very hard with what you mentioned

Yes, best build for him seems to be with Down Range, Plasma Lens and [free space], and playing it safe from distance, it’s really efficient that way if your good at it

but I only use him melee tho, beacuse I hate playing ranged. It’s less easy than using an Hunter or City, but still satisfying.

I do impenetrable, down range, and I think either modified reserve or light bender

Hey you guys know that last attack of the melee for the Ancient disk where you throw it for a second then it comes back. Does that count as a thrown projectile or a continued melee stream attack?

I know it sounds dumb but I mean does it?

I don’t use smart disc

Oof ok

They have ranged classes, just don’t advertise it much. Whenever you’re trying to build a loadout in this game, you have to build around the specialization you chose.

For example, I’ve been using the Elder Predator with the Stalker spec. for a long range class and it’s pretty insane. Extra damage when he’s at full stamina can basically mean extra damage with ranged weapons, which don’t use stamina. Add the down range perk and you’ve got two damage buffs on your ranged weapons.

I add dithered lense and modified reserve to help hide and recharge the plasma caster so that I can use a fully charged blast which at this point is almost like a long range axe…doing enough damage to make the FT freak out and look for cover, forcing/tempting them to stop focusing on shooting me as I continue sniping them.

Cleopatra also has this specialization. Another one that can help with a long range build is analytic, found on the city hunter, exiled, and scout as far as I can remember

If you want some serious salt try this build.

Elder stalker. Down range, modified reserve, height protection. Bow and disk.

Stay in the trees the whole match and you’ll ALWAYS have the full stamina damage buff. Height protection means 25% damage resist in trees.

This build is fucking unstoppable on the right maps.

1 Like

Haha! I’ve never used it, but now I’m tempted lol