Why don't we have a predator with a long range bonus ?

I do impenetrable, down range, and I think either modified reserve or light bender

Hey you guys know that last attack of the melee for the Ancient disk where you throw it for a second then it comes back. Does that count as a thrown projectile or a continued melee stream attack?

I know it sounds dumb but I mean does it?

I don’t use smart disc

Oof ok

They have ranged classes, just don’t advertise it much. Whenever you’re trying to build a loadout in this game, you have to build around the specialization you chose.

For example, I’ve been using the Elder Predator with the Stalker spec. for a long range class and it’s pretty insane. Extra damage when he’s at full stamina can basically mean extra damage with ranged weapons, which don’t use stamina. Add the down range perk and you’ve got two damage buffs on your ranged weapons.

I add dithered lense and modified reserve to help hide and recharge the plasma caster so that I can use a fully charged blast which at this point is almost like a long range axe…doing enough damage to make the FT freak out and look for cover, forcing/tempting them to stop focusing on shooting me as I continue sniping them.

Cleopatra also has this specialization. Another one that can help with a long range build is analytic, found on the city hunter, exiled, and scout as far as I can remember

If you want some serious salt try this build.

Elder stalker. Down range, modified reserve, height protection. Bow and disk.

Stay in the trees the whole match and you’ll ALWAYS have the full stamina damage buff. Height protection means 25% damage resist in trees.

This build is fucking unstoppable on the right maps.

1 Like

Haha! I’ve never used it, but now I’m tempted lol

Like some ppl have mentioned, downrange with the stalker spec is pretttttty good at long range.

Not to mention with the disc.

Now… we do need different long ranged weaponry for sure. Different options.

2 Likes

I agree. Throwable tomahawks anyone??

1 Like

I can name a couple canon long range weapons from the Predator Universe off the top of my head:

•Super Plasma Shoulder Canon (is the size of a Tanks barrel canon that’s basically meant to destroy war or mother ships)

•Spear Gun

•Shuriken

•Wristblade Launcher

•Bombs (Plasma, EMP, Fire, or Sonic)

•I believe there was a Flamethrower Predators had too but I don’t remember if that was true or not.

3 Likes

Not unless it comes back to their hands - because then it would be goofy with most players being completely terrible at playing and loosing their weapon right from the get go.

The smart disc call back isn’t always successful, especially when you have to wind around obstacles to hit someone. So many players have to go pick up their smart discs, as they may need to for this. So I respectfully disagree

I made a post on this not too long ago that Preds have very little diverse passives. Its either dishing out more or less melee damage and having more or less bullet resistance based passives. Meanwhile you have Isabelle having a long range damage passive for being a sniper or Support’s damage resistance bonus for his team if they are in a certain radius of Support.

What about more long range damage passive or maybe longer cloaking time passive? Less damage taken when sprinting damage? There is more that can be done for the classes here. Would be great if all the Predator classes have more diverse passives.

1 Like

It would have to be indestructable and have a huge payoff by being a one hit kill. Otherwise the game play would be a shoddy mess with dumbasses hurling tomahawks every ten seconds. Then it would seem less like an alien weapon.

I want the whip

4 Likes

But you didnt do anything wrong! How many lashes this time?!

3 Likes

Bwahahahah🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

True but FT still has the advantage with long range in my opinion

1 Like

No question

I still rest my case lol. Make it a one hit kill then