Why i dont like the new patch.

What is your overall opinion about this new update? I feel still that predators are nerfed, jumping is shorter than before, (ok physics are better), but hand held plasma caster has only 6 shots to reload each time? It feels like it is despite all of that still Fireteam Hunting Grounds.

its a pain in the fucking ass it sucks now makes it a hindrance more than a help his stam runs out way too quickly can barely jump a fence he just spins round in a circle trying to clear it. his stam when your being hammered by ft sometimes due to stam forced to run than jump because your out of stam. on the pred side of it was definitely a nerf a hindrance more than help considering ft still has that op sniper and the pistol not to mention that reckless glitch now thats come to light.

in a nutshell predator got shafted regardless of these new changes. they dont go in preds favour they are just a detriment 1 step forward 2 or more steps back

Yea I noticed that too, hand held plasma caster deals lot less damage and even shoulder plasma, also hand held is now limited to 6 ammo for each reload.

yep they nerfed it … even in the patch notes. which is stupid as hell. it seems they are out of touch with their own game or sense of balance or do they even play their own game the devs probably not … lol. the casters was fine as they was did not need a nerf meanwhile the 2 main stupidly broken op weapons pistol and sniper stay untouched

Its like meh, most important stuff wasnt changed and really fixed so

Well, Mr. Jordan says he played through many times and noticed all the little intricacies and issues he took it upon himself to dick with, based on “how he felt” they should be. I guarantee you all he did was play privates for a few weeks with the rest of the staff who, yes, are not good at their own game and have no idea what the current meta is, and took notes based off of that and not public or private competitive gameplay with actual players from the community. All his tweaks and fixes were in-house, he never reached out to anyone from here for actual help rebalancing. Which is a huge, huge mistake. There are many people here willing to work with Illfonic to make this game better, but they think they know what they’re doing, so…

3 Likes

Game is balanced for illfonic staff. Kinda niche demographic. I wonder if the bought any DLCs?

So yeah. They need to fix Reckless. Nerf SAWZ, Sniper Rifle and Pistol by 15-25% damage or fire rate.

And, I know this has been talked about way to much in past, implement ranked mode. I know the argument was that the game would die because matchmaking would take forever, well the game died anyway. This was Potatoes and random FTs won’t have as much reason to complain. Just like in SF6, you gain/lose points for win/loss. If matchmaking is taking too long, play unranked. This is the only way to get some sort of balance in the game.

im not even sure who mr jordan is no idea is he one of the dev team? lol. ive only been back the past few days after being gone for years but i can see nothings changed except it only got worse! lol @ noticed all the little intricacies. noticed them my ass. what with his eyes closed or half asleep in a fantasy or dream world? they should start listening to us not in house bs. @IllFonic yes you. start listening to your playerbase because as the actual real players we know whats what clearly you guys do not and are out of touch what is necessary. this isnt a dig its constructive criticism start taking into account what we SAY. well them thinking they know the game wont last long because i prefer predator over ft and this ruins or sours the experience for me this new pred weight jump crap and the plasma caster nerfs. no one wants to play something that gets nerfed when its meant to be a formidable power house.

its one of them where it will probably be too late and the game dies because of their incapacity to listen and do the correct thing not breaking or bugging out more stuff and leaving the ft untouched not nerfing the stupid op weapons sniper and pistol and leaving the glaring issues in our wake staring you in the face. its a sad turn of events or thing

1 Like

Who’s Mr. Jordan?

The new Design Director

What Jaya said. Read the patch notes again, under Adjustments and Balance Changes Notes, Jordan Mathewson is the Design Director, aka the absolute chad responsible for all the new movement issues, balance fuckery, unnecessary UI upgrades, and every other little tweak he “felt” the game needed.

2 Likes

Or was it another player with the nickname Smart on Steam?

what happened to the old director? well if hes the new director responsible for this. then all that springs to my mind is then hes a fucking clown. he needs to change his mindset on this shit or listen to us. that or get out leave or they fire him … maybe its harsh but idgaf. do stupid shit or be a clown no matter the job or industry its like bye bye.

I like to pretend he means well and feels he’s doing the right thing, but either he’s completely unaware of the actual problems or the people feeding him things to fix are unaware/don’t care.

2 Likes

probably a mix of both unaware primarily not caring though. i mean if they did it would be forwarded and not ignoring the glaring issues mentioned on the forums. yeah feel hes doing the right thing and pretending if hes not. nah bollocks to that. cant do much though if they wont change how they plan or put things out

i saw the video i am not in the videos

1 Like

Jesus fuck pressing L3 to run as Pred sucks ASS…

So this is another player with the nickname Smart from Steam. My apologies!