Why Mr. Lazy Stopped playing this game religiously.

The concept of a asyim where the 4 man squad chasing the solo, objective-heavy role has never been used again & is dead for a good reason.
It was always a terrible idea & ofc will likely never be imitated. They tried a new thing and it failed fantastically.

Dead concept. Asyims go the other way now because everyone learned from Evolve’s mistake. Imagine if you loaded up resident evil resistance and it was one solo person trying to survive vs 4 masterminds. Evolve died for a reason and it wasn’t dlc lol.

1 Like

They were examples, both have flaws if you look to closely. I think the way second wind works is as balanced as they could get and still keep the game moving. Which is always the goal.

The testing would have happened before launch, it’s probably ongoing now for the new mode.

1 Like

Nah its fine man i see your point of view and appreciate it…

However… i see this not as an issue really about having movie based stealth? as of right now its 50 50 between movie and dev concept… aka in other words ur able to see pred clearly if he moves when aiming n stuff… but when standing still the bow charge gives him away and so does pistol and shoulder plasma… But yes i agree to some degree ur able to take atleast 2 people down to very low if u properly time it with being fully hidden… HOWEVER i wanna say this… after that is done u better bet u start running for your life then XD…

But my idea is if its 50 50 stealth gameplay right now right… make it atleast 80… not fully movie realistic based but pretty realistic that it gives u chance to actually traverse trough branches and jump without u being shown miles away or the textures being weird lol…

Now again i will assure u by saying this… The sound still gives predator away and so does him charging and his laser… and for bow u can probably determine which side if ur enclosed and protected… if ur outside n being a dum dum then thats on them if u agree lol… its obvious predator can literally just get u if ur on the open lmfao…

But in reality making it more stealthier than now wouldnt hurt really

Well yes and no really… you literally knew what you were getting into and buying the game it literally said right there… hunt a monster and kill it… and u had also a thing where u had to rush the timer and monster reaching stage 3 before killing the relay point

Also your RER example is silly man… if u were saying a monster is a regular person surviving againts 4 hunters who are masterminds then you are clearly wrong here? Beheemoth being one of tankiest monsters and also heavy dmg and abilities was able to tank a lot of damage even in his stage 1 lol… and at each stage your team had to make up a tactic and change in play to not die lol? how is that not fun? it was stupidly fun af for me and unbelivably fun and everything amazing… thats why i had 4k hours and thats why i bought it and i dont regret it lol… it literally served its purpose

Nah man i dont have issue with second wind lol i was pointing at illfonic being lazy at their development as in doing what they want and not what community think is the best lol…

i’m in the camp they didn’t test anything at all judging by the 2 times i’ve seen the devs actually play the live game since it seems while they have (mostly) good aim they don’t seem to actually know what weapons are good vs not good or like how to play the pred beyond the basic preds that we saw around the first week of the games launch

at the same time most modern dev teams don’t hire QA anymore as it’s way easier and more efficient to have the players test things for free for you and then fix them post launch gotta love modern game design

2 Likes

I mean yeah obv they playtested it lmfao… and its obvious they playtested a PC version with having a fucking 10k$ pc that is a workstation lol and they have fine fps lol in game… cause mid to high range pcs have so many stutter issues and fps drops that its insane… Thats why im lead to believe they put in no effort for optimizations… and same can be related to their way of thinking and development…

HOWEVEEER i think they did playtest and kept basing it off of them self rather like release atleast pre alpha then alpha and then pre beta and then beta and then like a demo etc… for us to judge and them getting feedback whats needded…

AND THIS IS WHAT ALL SMART DEVS AND ALL GAMES I SEE THAT ARE GOOD ARE DOING

There were no tactics you picked maggie and followed the dog, jumppacked around the corner and dropped a dome then crippled half the monsters hp & that was it every single game. And then they tried to push it as an e-sport. You’re one of the few that put fkin 4k hours into hide n seek & look back at it with nostalgia goggles. The length of the monster queues said it all. Most people played a few monster games a day and then tapped out because it was somehow more stressful than playing rank 1 killer in dbd & that at its core was a huge gameplay issue. Monster was sweaty micromanagement and bad design until they started trying to save the queues by releasing monsters that were broken at stage 2 so the monster had a chance to actually play the game.

i mean you got it right until the free to play season the only viable monster was wraith and that’s cause at the earliest stage you could max out decoy and it could solo any of the Huntesr by itself so all you did was creep around making ghosts while you fed to get blink then rinse repeat until you won i remember after like 260 matches of wraith i only lost less than 10 i was like top 200 on the leaderboard it think for monsters at least

evolve was never good it was fun for that first month but after the meta formed teh game was trash

2 Likes

80% of the thought of yours is false… again dude i appreciate it and no offense and i see why you think that but i still think dead by daylight is way too fking unbalanced and toxic and killers are way too op… i can barley survive 30 seconds at first if i dont manage to juke the killer… or i hide in closet like a bitch and lose intrest…

OK however back to the point… yes and yes? thats what trappers are lol? track the monster lmfao… and each had unique ability to do so? what you said felt like… Hey man i dont think we should take a car… lets just go with. a bus and lets waste few min of it stopping on bus stations and aboard and release people… while with car u got to the place faster? Thats what i got from you literally… and i will explain why… no offense again but it said in game description to find and kill the monster… it was obvious the monster had to adjust it self according to the hunters… and to play a monster u would have to really have like intrest in it and put in atleast 100 hours in game of just exploring each hunter mechanics and learn how to defend as a monster againts them? Which again just shows me how good this game was to actually lure u in to learn how to play it and find tactics lol… And i agree esports thing was shit i guess lol… it was always my brain thinking game where i came home from school and enjoyed it like chess

People still act like Evolve was the holy grail of asyim’s when that game had absolutely no reason to fail beyond bad design concepts. It was dead a few months in.

Yet that game’s very alive and Evolve is dead lol even though Evolve had way more talent behind it. The survivors have the flashlighting tbagging advantage even in dbd so nah. Atleast the killer doesnt have to power all the generators and open the exit gates to escape the survivors. Simple reverse in concept keeps one game alive.

Depends who plays it and who likes it really, people just end up not reading the description… plus the devs really were trying to bring new content as i said in post above how a leading moderator told me they would bring much more content such as underwater, space, and their own monthly episodes of cinematic animation

it’s only saving merit for me was that it was combat focused in some way as apposed to what DBD is now which is much less combat focused as it more appeals to what i’m looking for that’s the only thing i look back on the actual systems in place were shit

1 Like

In my eyes the game concept is dead as you said evolves concept is dead lol? I mean i can be like that too if you want ignorant? like seriously im trying to be positive and accepting and you keep pushing it in my face when you are clearly wrong about whole how humanity and humans work? You dont see battlefield playerbase playing OSU do you?

Dead by daylight is by far the worst game u can compare evolve to really… FT13 is probs better concept even tho FT13 is also just 50 50 luck lmao…

And you confirming survivors teabag at the extraction and abuse flashlights is just what i needed to hear to prove my point really

Ye man see thats the beauty of people being different which @Finessology is not getting at… lmao…

All im saying is read the description before shit talking a game… literally all the magic lmao… plus u have 2 hour return policy on steam… and u have no excuse saying but i cant catch the way how the game works in 2 hours… yes you fking can… and i realised it in predator in first few matches which was around a hour

Evolve was in no way as niche as OSU lol. Monster was unrewarding to play period and the queues died because of it. So you make a game that appeals to 5% of people what happens?

Again i will say depends who plays the game? You dont like the concept return it and dont shit on it if you dont agree what the devs and community represented? I will keep telling you the game as of concept wise and what devs properly marketed it for was 100% represented as what the Evolve game was about.

Queue times happened later on if we are being honest… and i recall i never waited above 7 min for a match? and it even had specific class lmao… which just tells you if it didnt it would probably be quicker lol… around 2 min or less

What are you on about mate… i never said or compared osu to evolve!!! I compared human standards and intrest in games???

People did and it died. Can’t shit on a dead game?