Why Nerf the Net? Players are asking for buffs for the Predator not nerfs.

FT every time the FT wins it is a really hallow victory then because Predators are much stronger and their equipment is much better. Hallow victories for weak players who couldn’t stand up against a real Predator.

1 Like

At least in Friday they gave you something to gloat about when you beat a realistic Jason.

1 Like

People who enjoy playing as the FT should be screaming for tougher Predators. Where is the challenge in beating these weak ass wanna be Predators that this game gave us. As a human fighting the universe’s best hunter I want a real challenge not some pushover that has to constantly run away to go heal up because I have a super knife that can take down their health in 2.2 seconds.

1 Like

I used to love the feeling of running and jumping threw windows just to have Jason phase to try to catch me outside or inside just so I could run and jump threw another window or around a couch or table to get away and build back up my stamina just to do it all over again. While in the meantime knowing if he got his hands on me, I was dead if I didn’t have any pocket knifes to break free or a weapon to try to slow him down. There was a real effort and sense of excitement to it. This lacks that altogether.

1 Like

in fact

have a blast lol. Plenty of topics ive made to figure out how to get us there, and argue why that will fix the game, among other things.

Because the predator isn’t a slow ass serial killer tryng to kill some teenagers. Put the predator into that f13 game and they all would be dead after 2 minutes. Then you’d have the human players “fear” the predator to the extent no ones actually playing because you have not the slightest of a chance to fend it off. Sounds like a fun game.

People like being too strong unfortunately. Most gamers prefer to win, because winning, no matter the method, is fun to them.

Personally, its the way I win that matters. If im exploiting shitty game design, it feels shallow, but this game gives you really no choice. If you arent a little cunt, you are gonna lose, if you are, you will likely win.

Its frustrating. Its not fun, on either side. Most of all its sad. This game has so much potential, but Ive been watching it burn for months. Hence why you can literally see the moment I gave up on playing this game in my legacy.

Still ive stuck around because part of me hopes I can make the tiniest difference and pull us back

no matter how much it would fix the game and make it more of a true Predator experience, these current PvP players only want to get hallow victories against weak wannabe Predators. This should be called Predators school grounds because all these Predators have the strength and equipment of new bloods just on the battlefield. At least let us have a settings option to make it more realistic if we want a real challenge.

1 Like

Yeah thats why I push the idea of low predator health and better predator stealth.

Because then he is forced to play slow, no matter what. Because a single FT member can second wind him and force a retreat if he makes a mistake. But also he can capitalize on wandering FT members far better.

That sounds like it’s too much already… I don’t know. I don’t think the current balance is thaaaat bad. There are people complaining the fireteam always wins and there ar people complaining the predator always wins. Most of the time the truth lies between 2 views.

Then illfonic should let us be able to change the match rules and see what types of matches get played more. I bet you the true fans would go for the challenge I speak of because that is more realistic.

The balance doesnt seem bad, but it is.

From a purely win/loss ratio between the two, yes, its technically “balanced”

But if you look at it with any more scrutiny you will realize that the game works like this.

If FT is uncoordinated, Pred wins

If FT is coordinated, Pred Loses.

Thats pretty much the majority of it. There are exceptions of course, but thats the majority.

The reason is, in my opinion, because of how heavily reliant this game is about balancing the asymmetricality around preds health pool, and not his tools.

Preds dont win fights in this game because of stealth. They win fights because if they catch you alone you are unlikely to kill them unless you are well coordinated, and can get your team over ASAP, or you are using a meta weapon like the LMG which melts pred.

So uncoordinated teams get fucked because no one can solo pred, and coordinated teams fuck because his health pool isnt enough to deal with a coordinated team.

more match and character options would be acceptable

Realistically no humans could win against the pred then, because they don’t have hollywood plot armor.

not if you add area traps and trip mines and all the goodies that humans have.

But how would you balance coordinated teams and randoms? I don’t think that is even possible. And giving random teams some kind of stat boosts, please no.

I guess then you’d need to reduce the asymmetrical expect by making the fireteam stronger and putting 2 or even 3 predators against them. Then you’d have the coordinated or random group aspect on both sides.

W/o trapper: 2 seconds standing still, 3.5 seconds moving
w/ Trapper: 3 seconds standing still, 5 seconds moving.

1 Like

Theres Two things that need to happen.

First, Players need to be able to solo pred. But only if they are aware enough to catch him. Stealth needs to be boosted and damage to compensate on both sides. Aka quicker time to down or second wind. Quick claim should be somewhat longer though.

Second, Match length needs to be extended. And objectives, need to try to split up the FT. Otherwise, pred needs tools to try and entice the FT to split up.

Everything else should be balanced around this.

FT should not be about killing pred. It should be about surviving. Second winding pred should be easy, but chasing him and killing him while hes in second wind should be difficult. Second winding pred buys the FT time. Time when pred has to avoid getting into combat while his second wind recharges.

Should he be dumb enough to heal nearby from second wind, or should he have no choice because the extract is coming, and his second wind is on cooldown, are the only ways pred should be dying.