Why the Predator feels "broken"

of course the slam is op, it’s a plasma outburst of energy rofl… what do u want? it to tickle?

PC players are kinda overrated. I’ve managed to win against pc players and I’m a ps4 player.

Today I had a match where there where 3 pc players and 1 ps4 player. I managed to kill the 3 pc players but I got cocky and tried to finish off the ps4 player with melee attacks but she managed to parry and knife me to death lol. Moral of the story is there are ps4 players that are sometimes better than pc players.

2 Likes

PC players get cocky, when they reach that point… you have no mercy

i would say a lot of people aren’t as good with a controller vs keyboard and mouse. not everybody, i’m sure theirs a good number who are great with a controller, but i’m not one of those, and in my experience anytime i went up against PC players it seemed like they had the advantage most of the time.

1 Like

It depends on that PC player’s skill set. There’s no reason to be intimidated just because they’re playing on PC. There are PC players that are really awful and then are PC players that are incredible.

In the end, playing against PC players or any good fireteam will allow you to become a better predator.

you make a good point, but considering the time i’m spending waiting to play as predator, i’m not in a hurry to get better, training against PC players. I’d rather stick in my comfort zone and play against console users.

1 Like

Well, the wait times are a lot shorter now. Either way, it’s your choice if you wanna keep crossplay off or not.

I personally keep it on and enjoy killing PC players lol. It gets a bit boring after I wipe out some noob ps4 players in the first 30 seconds of the match. However, it seems that more ps4 players are getting better. Recently, I’ve been running into more tougher PS4 opponents.

my favorite build to play right now is a scout slam build with the hand held plasma caster(since the buff), and net gun. most of the time i don’t even use the net gun. unless its chopper time and i need to go in for some kills right away. most of the time the matches aren’t over too quickly unless it’s just a bad team i’m playing against.

The difference is in Evolve, the humans are meant to be hunting the monster. The monster is meant to evade until strong enough to hold its own.
The Predator in this case is meant to do the hunting, otherwise it is not true to the franchise. Last i checked, Dutch and Co weren’t hunting the predator. The predator is meant to be the ultimate hunter in the galaxy.

2 Likes

I dunno what to tell you @PaperChamp. I’ve been quite successful overall as a Predator. At first, I was getting melted left and right regardless of what I tried and it was quite maddening. I kept experimenting for a while until I landed comfortably using the Berserker with Fearless, Large Pouch and Impenetrable. Net Gun and Combi-Stick compliments it all. Scout is my second choice. And I’m honestly not too keen on the Hunter.

And before everyone cries foul going “*Newb with a Combi!! Hahaha?” I actually Quick Toss the living shit out of the Stick and only swing away at solo Stragglers (because otherwise it’s fairly slow). The Net Gun compliments engagements perfectly, but it’s tradeoff is that Aiming in that said frenzied engagement is easier said than done. But when you get the hang of leading shots, disarming multiple Fireteam Members is bliss.

I’ve stomped plenty of Fireteams and also had quite a challenge from plenty more. The best advice I can give you is just keep moving. The moment you straight line it and lose focus of your surroundings you’re gonna be instantly melted regardless of Class or Perks. And Players will love to try and get under your skin. Fuck with them back!!

The problem I have with the game (and is why i no longer play it) is to win as the Predator just feels and looks horrible to play/watch. When i envisioned this game, i imagined a bad ass hunter and able to stalk like the movies and be this superior bad ass.
What we have now, is people saying the Pred is fine as is… Yet, the people winning are hopping around like rabbits repeatedly and using exploits. It’s not bad ass. I watch gameplay videos of the ‘top’ predator players and I don’t see this awesome hunter… I see a rabbit jumping around, shooting a bow, jumping up and down, shooting another bow, leaping away in fear of decimation… What the hell. If there was actual stealth elements to it, stealth kills etc, then we would have a game on our hands.

At least Friday the 13th knew what it was and you did at least feel like a big clunky unkillable Jason X on the rampage. This feels like it has no identity.

That’s my two cents.

2 Likes

Its an arcade gears of war have fun to play game. The predator can be silent and what not but i do get what your saying… You can thank the spot mechanic for the jumping

Yeah, like in that other thread talking about that feeling of anxiety going up against a team of 4 who could possibly light you up pretty fast, I share this feeling.

But when I get a couple matches in this feeling goes away and the game seems to re balance itself.

Honestly though, days can go by and I think about playing this but don’t. It’s a special kind of mood, to be willing to face 4 players as 1. I’m not usually into competitive games these days but this one is special. I hope they release bigger maps, like, long-play sandbox-type maps, so we can play in a mode with less expectations.

The problem with playing the pred is that its just YOU. You have nobody to rely on and when things go south it’s simply something you did. You can’t sit and blame someone else for it “well we woulda won if johnny derps didn’t rush away from the group n get ganked”

Also there’s more at stake when you engage the FT, do it wrong, be forced to heal up vs doing it right and getting a quick kill and taking some hits are very polarizing experiences. The FT is I feel based more around total healing assets as everything the pred does will nearly kill you vs the pred just based on that one life bar with a few resets for when you goof or wanna go in hard.

Tho on the other hand at the end when you win… it was all you

2 Likes

Like a feather lol.

;;;) hehe haha >;)

1 Like

More often then not it is that way when I play usually the fireteam is just trying to hunt me

Good FT’s will mostalways be able to hunt u once u get wounded

They get into a building and wait I’ve actually sat there for five minutes outside a building with them just waiting inside

Hot take. “Predator” title of the movie referred to Dutch, not the alien

1 Like