Xyserxe

Just wanted to put this out there and give the devs credit where it’s due. Shortly after Patch 2.08 dropped the community kinda got together and said the Predator needed specializations to balance things out. A few of us started brainstorming on the forums, eventually I made a feedback post with all those ideas and we kept adding more and more as a community. There were a lot of really cool ideas that came up that could make for some really interesting game play.

Yesterday Patch 2.19 dropped and we got Predator specializations that we’re all playing around with now and figuring out. You can clearly see some of the community’s input being realized in these specializations and Illfonic delivering on what was asked for. It wasn’t every idea, it wasn’t every thing that was mentioned, but there was definitely an influence by the community in there.

I’ll link the thread below but I really think it’s a cool thing that they deserve credit for. They listened to our input on the matter. For all the stuff wrong, to me at least this is a big thing that’s right and I appreciate it. So thanks for that Illfonic.

11 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. Please don’t nerf them.

3 Likes

Yeah, we felt it was coming! Kudos for jumping on it and making some ideas.

Ive been testing out the Disciplined Spec of the Scout Class. No clicking during the cloak…it is straight forward.

From what i found, itworks really well as it was intended. Although I believe in private matches, the AI spots you easily but in HUNT they seem to be less responsive. But It definitely makes a differnents with ecounters with FT as they aren’t as alerted to my presence. This is definitely a win.

2 Likes

You might enjoy this

3 Likes

They even took the time to make most of them work in Clash lol

1 Like

Audio decoys are dirty on a Disciplined Scout. I’m gonna have to remember that little trick… I think Psychic might be worth the points now too.

Dude it’s hysterical. I’ll throw one at the base of a tree and watch them all focus fire on that tree from behind. Then just toss the disk 😅

1 Like

The devs know not what they have done. 🤣

You can’t say shit like that. It’s like actually being a predator now. They’ll nerf if you keep saying stuff like that

1 Like

Actually, we know :p

I mean, if anything turns out to be unfair, I think it’s perfectly OK to evaluate for balance. After all, the game should be fun for everyone. BUT, I really like how Disciplined relies on planning and controlling the engagement. It does not directly affect damage dealing or damage resistance, so the benefit from this comes entirely from the player’s ability to capitalize on the situation. But tbh I’m partial to Disciplined: It’s one of the specializations that I made a specific case for :p

5 Likes

I was joking, I rather like it myself. I’m sure it balances fine.

I think the Combi instead of disc, might be worth a shot for someone who’s actually decent at Pred. It might not come back but it is hard to track.

The fact that you had to make a specific case to the Dev team to introduce a mechanic that improves stealth play is just another example of many that reflect on how out of touch the dev team is on what being a predator means.

2 Likes

And I Love You for it its perfect it lets me actually stalk the Fireteam and keep them truly guessing, the Scout’s speed and mobility Really lends to this and a True Glass Cannon has emerged
Much much applause is due 👏👏👏

2 Likes

Would love to see even more non-damage specializations for predators in the future.

Good thing they weren’t clever enough to press TAB and see what spec you were using.

FT will learn more and more to press TAB at the start of a game to see if they’re facing a Disciplined pred or not.