Yautja are not honorable - change my mind

They have similar foreheads… Maybe there is a bit of Klingon DNA in there as well!!

1 Like

It’s pure hunt my guy if your waving a big ass flag yelling “IM OVER HEAR!!!” And shooting your rifle

Who hunts like the prey will get you first

But real hunters shoot prey from afar hidden he’s not a hunter of his clan if he doesn’t do this also durning a hunt it’s clear main rules are
1.claim skulls of worthy prey
2.make a thrill of the hunt lol
The Main rule we know from the movie is that he won’t kill you if your unarmed and not to be a weeb but samurai didnt hunt in the open either (if where comparing to samurai) personally I love the idea of trible yet somewhat civilized hunters of worth prey who abide by a code that’s my favorite part of the lore not to mention comics established this which were pretty much cannon they had the rights lol

Also how’s the comic? I never had dat one but only peeped it in a video

2 Likes

It iz flexible and we don’t know the full honor code nore even a few rules

Don’t you go “The Predator” on us here!

I’ve purpously ommited it when I was listing predator films above ;-)

2 Likes

Predator comics are arguably better than any of the films. Check em out!

1 Like

I have a few and have whatched tons of vids on them lol

1 Like

Only speculating 😅 you can’t deny the similarity is uncanny…

1 Like

Imma nerd:b

1 Like

No, sorry I meant a comic book XDD

1 Like

Like a book book? 😂

1 Like

well… no - mandibles XD

Depends, the A/P canon is very lose but one thing we can confirm is that there is more then one clan and also criminals among them, so “honor” isn’t the same for all of them.

In the first move, one’s view of the Predator may be different from the other, did the JH spared the girl only for the lack of challenge or because something else? Did JH simply played with Dutch, or was him giving him a fighting chance?
Now in the second movie we find out they have more to their hunting hobby, like they clearly doesn’t kill children or pregnant women, and also acknowledges someone worthiness as Grey Back rewarded Herrigan with his personal flintlock and also honored Raphael.

So yeah, if you ovelook the expanded lore Pred2 gave, then yes the Predators can be seen as dishonarable, just like how one can say Darth Sidious was self taught in the ways of the dark side of the force, while ignoring the lore given by the prequels.

How? The movie doesn’t contradict the first movie, since it’s more of a expanded idea while inside of the universe, and even acknowledge the first movie by mentioning directly. The Predator can be considered a soft-reboot/retcon, since it throws all the tribal and honorable ideas through the window, while saying they always took skulls and spines for scientific purpose and not for “sport”, while aiming to conquer the universe.

2 Likes

yup XD

1 Like

I think you need toys or props to really fall in that category lol

3 Likes

I have a few figures my guy and I want a mask prob 0_0

3 Likes

A mask would be cool but expensive. I might try to make a foam one one day.

2 Likes

Never! That movie is more canon to me than Christmas! Actually, its that movie that convinced me they are not honorable at all, never meant to be that way. City Hunter just rams thrugh his pray, not giving absolutly anyone a fighting chance. He went absolute apeshit in that metro - agains older ppl, just because they had pistols and he was now legaly allowed to slaughter them. At the end, Grey Back walks away from Harrigna, than has a second thought, turns back, looks at him and throws (not hands) him the pistol… it was a last second decision of a very old individaul, for God almighty knows what reason, but reather not establish rule of rewarding someone for something.

Its now considerd as a rebut quz it copies some scens from Predator and most of dialog… still a good movie, I personally liked it and I’m rewatching it every so often ;-)

They can’t also simply decloak while facing foes packing heat, that’s his advantage and ways to even things. And even then he took down, in multiple times, armed foes while using piercing weapons in close combat(some says he even killed King Willy un-armed). If anything CH is much more honorable then JH.

Yeah, anyone that poses a threath to them is already part of hunt, but because no one in the metro gave him a worthy fight, he just hanged them. Only Jerry was considered honourable, since Jerry stood his ground and fought against CH only using a bat.

Not the way he gave him the trophy, but the meaning behind it, the movie clearly shows Herrigan could had been killed any time while inside of the ship, Grey Back even allowed Herrigan to kill CH, but in the end he just let him go while rewarding him with a trophy for a worthy fight.
This is the point of Pred2, Predators loves the thrill of the hunt, but they admires worthy oponents enough to keep a memory of them by claiming their skull.

This sounds more like heavy homage instead of a soft-reboot, again The Predator is a actual soft-reboot, Predators is more of a spin-off to Predator.

Wish they had kept the original ideas while holding the “3” as sequel

3 Likes

for the major part of the species YES they are honorable, or atleast are supposed to be.

in the extended universe the rules are strict to the point tha tthe Enforcer the american police version of the Yautja make sure that you stay on the line, or you die or exiled depend on how you lose you’r honor some accept their jugement and are banished and exiled on planet or deep region of the galaxie who are unexplore, other comit their version of sepuku and other simple run away and became bad blood

3 Likes

If Ghost survived, I think he would have become a bad blood.