Yautja are not honorable - change my mind

here are the rules for those interested

Hunting Worthy Game: When hunting, the hunter must be sure that his prey is considered game and lawful to kill. Sometimes the hunter will equal the odds (not using a Plasmacaster or some similar ranged weapon). Worthy game must fill the following criteria: Can defend itself and/or is able to kill the hunter himself, of age (killing children and the elderly is considered the height of bad manners), not linked to other lives (so that removing the prey will not doom another, e.g. pregnant women), and not weakened by diseases.

1. Failing in the Hunt: Should the hunter fail in oneā€™s quest he usually takes his own life, preferring to die in honor than to live in shame. However, some cowards prefer to live in obscurity rather than die. This is considered to be dishonorable and suicide is then ā€œassistedā€ by an Enforcer.[
  2. Claiming the Kill of Another Hunter: To take the Trophy of another Yautja, living or dead, is considered to be a great insult. For example, two Un-Blooded go on their first Hunt: one Yautja takes on a Black Death and both are mortally wounded. While the wounded hunter is dying, the other hunter conveniently finishes off the prey and claims the kill as his own, abandoning the wounded Yautja. This is a crime paid for with abandonment by the clan, marooning the hunter on that world with no equipment whatsoever, this includes the loss of both weapons and armor.[3]
  3. Murder of Another Yautja: To kill another Yautja intentionally. This excludes self-defense and killing a foe in a wrestling match to settle a dispute (see below). Murder is the worst crime.
  4. Never harm the innocent: Those who have done no harm should have no harm done to them. (It can be inferred that this rule must pertain only to harming other Yautja in their society since they hunt and kill members of many species one could call ā€œinnocentā€. It can also be inferred that Bad Blood Predators would ignore this rule either in part or in whole.)[4]
  5. Hunting for Food: When hunting for food, take only the weak. This is to purify the speciesā€™ line.[ citation needed ]
  6. Wounded Game: When coming upon game wounded by another hunter, and the prey is dying without sport, show honor to anotherā€™s kill. If the game still shows sport, it is to be a joint trophy.[ citation needed ]
  7. Joining Another Hunt: Do not join anotherā€™s Hunt, or Hunt in their territory, without their permission. All trophies taken in this manner are stolen trophies and shall be dealt with by the rightful owner.[ citation needed ]
  8. Mercy: Those who defeat you in a fair Hunt, or who are the victors in a deadlier hunt (such as a battle with the Xenomorph Queen), and show you mercy are to be considered our equals. You must either kill both them and yourself or bestow them with a reward.[5][6]
  9. Code Violations: Those who break the code are renegades, and no longer considered to be a Yautja. They are to be destroyed when encountered.[ citation needed ]
  10. Never Harm the diseased or Offspring: Yautja are known to have a very strict law on the killing of those pregnant with infants and those who are sick. Usually, when they hunt and encounter both, the Yautja is to let them live. The only exception to the rule is if any ill prey poses a threat. An example of such a thing would be when Charles Bishop Weyland set fire to the Predator known as Scar, causing the latter to retaliate and kill him. Although that applies to the ill, Yautja are to never kill those who are pregnant even if they pose a threat. One example of this is when the Yautja known as the City Hunter encountered Leona Cantrell, and learned that she was with a child. Although he didnā€™t kill her, she did go into shock, probably because of the mere sight of the hunter.[7]
  11. When in a duel with an enemy, you must reveal yourself : In the novelization of AVP, Lex Woods was about to be killed by a cloaked Predator, but before it prepared to deliver the final blow, it de-activated its cloak. According to the book, it is ā€œhunting ethicā€ to reveal yourself to your enemy at the climax of a fight.[8] However, the movie ignored this part, and showed the still-cloaked Predator attempt to kill her.
  12. Weapons of Warfare [9]: Weapons of Warfare like the Blazer and Electroshock Missile Battery are strictly forbidden in hunts or even by use of non-Military Caste Hunters. They are considered too destructive to constitute a hunting weapon.
6 Likes

Citations? Where does this info come from?

3 Likes

AvP wiki, I belive it was the collection of expanded material.

I donā€™t think he would, maybe if he was punished and escaped the trials, but he was sure to be punished for his mistakes.
In the original idea, Grey Back would execute CH, but not like a execution of a criminal, but like a seppuku as CH kneeled in front of GB before getting killed.

2 Likes

AVP wikia

1. ā†‘ Predator: If It Bleeds
  2. ā†‘ Predator: Incursion
  3. ā†‘ Aliens vs. Predator: Blood Time
  4. ā†‘ Predators
  5. ā†‘ Predator 2
  6. ā†‘ Alien vs. Predator film
  7. ā†‘ Alien vs. Predator film
  8. ā†‘ Alien vs. Predator novelization, page 194
  9. ā†‘ AVP: The Hunt Begins
3 Likes

I thought about it after saying that and I agree. The people he went ham on all were armed. He didnā€™t kill the kid or Leona.

4 Likes

This is based on what? I mean we see them in both movies not kill people without weapons or proven threats.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised nobody else said the obvious lmaooaoao

1 Like

They are a solar travelling alien race, who says what is honourable to mankind is exactly honourable to them? Different cultures

3 Likes

No one will change your mind cause you are cunt XD

2 Likes

Yeah I am!

2 Likes

That reply was ment to @Noktrum lol @BadBlood you are not cunt

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fine, Iā€™ll judge them by the ethical standards of my culture. Theirs is dishonourable.

Personally think they should be portrayed as Hunters who have rules, the honour thing goes out the window.

Classical Samurai are dishonourable as well, for the simple reason that they donā€™t apply their honour equally. Thereā€™s a Japanese story about a great artist, heā€™s walking down the road but he doesnā€™t hear the approaching horseman. The horseman is a samurai and beheads him with a single stroke for failing to hear him. The road must be cleared for the shogun who is visiting a famous deaf artist. The samurai was doing his duty but fail to apply his code to the peasant on the road. If he had he would have dismounted and spoke from in front of him.

Edit - the artist was the deaf peasant on the road, but because he was a peasant he wasnā€™t worth speaking directly too, and the Samurai would have failed his honour if he did not clear the road for his shogun.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s plenty of room for all types of yautja. Honorable. Dishonorable. Hunter. Killer. The more the merrier.

1 Like

I mean youā€™re not wrong though šŸ¤£

Theyā€™re aliens, so ā€¦our standards and definitions of honor might not be applicable to them. They have ā€˜a codeā€™ we can say for sure. Is is an honorable one? Who is to say? They certainly seem to think so

1 Like

I donā€™t think their concept of honor has anything to do with ā€œfairnessā€. Theyā€™re trophy hunters. Their rules arenā€™t about being nice. Itā€™s about perceived challenge and ā€œworthy opponentsā€. Most of the time the things they hunt donā€™t even know theyā€™re being hunted.

I havenā€™t read any extended universe stuff. Basing these conclusions on the films. Not sure where the ā€œhonorable predatorā€ concept started.

1 Like

(Cracks knuckles)ā€¦ok, as a person who seen both original films over 100 times each (not a joke), and the 3rd one at least 20 times, owns nearly all the comics, has read almost all of them, and has read several of the novels, I can postulate that the OP here is pretty spot on. DC comics royally fouled up the Predator by pitting him aainst Batman, not once, not twice, but thriceā€¦and losing to a non-lethal character. Dark horse comics tried their best for years, but only managed a half dozen good stories, but thats still better than batman beating multiple predators. If DC was serious Bout good storytelling, the Predator wouldā€™ve hunted Deathstroke or Lobo, etc. An actual challenge. Because the predators are not honorable warriors. They are big game hunters. And big game hunters want a challenge from worthy prey. Were you or I to go looking for a mountain lion to hunt, it would certainly be a tough slog and we may be hurt or die. We would gear up as best we could, but we had already accepted the risks. The predators are the same in that regard. We are like well armed animals to them. Whether or not its a religious or mating ritual is based solely on expanded universe stuff and I dont take any of that as gospel, even if its good (ala: the AvP series that introduced Ahab). So while each tribe may have its own version of honor, it sure ainā€™t our honor system! But we DO know there are bad bloods, as seen in Predators.

2 Likes

Honor is subjective. Plus its an honorable HUNT. Not an honorable fight. And in a hunt technology is fair game. Honor rly is for the prey you fight like no killing the sick or pregnant or the unarmed.

Ok, donā€™t say avp isnā€™t canon, first off The Predator movie, yes itā€™s bad, it literally links Predator 1-2, and AVP. Did you not see the glass cases with masks and weaponry?

1 Like

Anyone (including humans) that hunt for FUN (not to eat) are not honorable. There is no fun in killing things for FUN!