You can STILL cancel slam with a leap.

It’s just slightly harder now. Complete history of slam cancel: slam skating and double slam possible>double slam and leap cancelling into another slam possible>leap cancelling and slamming out of this leap cancel possible.
HOW TO DO IT
Step 1 Leap.
Step 2 There is no step 2
Step 3 Leap as soon as you touch the ground
Step 4 Slam
Step 5 Walk around after your slam like a boss
Step 6 Profit.
Yep, you legit just have to do one leap first then instantly do the second leap with the slam. I like to quickly aim where I want the slam to go when I land from the first leap.

Editting, its even easier then I thought.

Sounds like it is the same as before.
Was this in your own private match, someone else’s match, or public?

all, you just do a double slam without the first slam and then it auto cancels the animation

I personally propose Jysty playtest for illfonic

1 Like

rip bad idea posting this lol… telling people how to do it lol… HERESY

A post like this belongs in the feedback or bug report category

Wow this is new to me. Pretty juicy

Fixed.

Method 3: Uneven terrain/ledge cancelling.

Step 1: Aim Leap at the edge of a building or on any angled ground mesh (surface) angled over approximately 15 degrees.
Step 2: Press slam
Step 3: Slide around 4 fun
Inconsistent* Gain consistency by looking towards the camera (away from the direction of your leap so the model has to aim itself forwards for the slam animation to play)

Method 4: Plasma cancelling
Step 1: Leap
Step 2: Aim shoulder caster as soon as you land
Step 3: Release aim and leap again within 7 frames of landing from step 1 (sometimes pred will face wrong direction during leap, this means you did it right)
Step 4: Slam
Step 5: Walk/jump/do whatever you want 4 fun Great job.
100% consistent, just difficult: Its harder than double slams, so I guess I will be the only one that can do it IDK. The timing is either aiming plasma caster on landing frame or the frame before landing frame, none of my friends still play so I can’t be arsed checking you do it.

@Courier These need shadow fixes too ;o

Thanks @Jysty!
We’re looking into this issue

4 Likes

I didn’t expect you guys to have a 2nd dab at double slams even though I made this thread TBH. Colour me impressed… If only I could figure out a way to act out of crouch XD