You know, the cloak from the movie makes sense.

I re-watch the film, the very first one for 3 times in a row and you know what came to my mind? Theoretically, we can kill two birds with one stone. What if we make the camouflage of a predator many times more effective in thickets, on branches and in bushes, but leave it with its default functions in open areas, where it is more difficult for camouflage to process the environment and find a surface to reflect. So we get a situation where the predator can covertly and without much difficulty chase the FT squad in the forests, but still runs the risk of entering the camp / settlement. What do you think?

More specifically, I think it would be nice to give a buff to the cloak of a predator in the forest, it will still be slightly visible during active movement, but much, MUCH less than now, this goes well with the post of that guy who asked to return fear to the game by going into the forest from the camp you will understand that you are in the enemy’s territory and you have no advantage here, in turn it will be more convenient for you to take up the defense in the camp.

5 Likes

The movie one made sense.

I will tell you why,

1. He wasnt noticable from distance at all
  2. He was not making noise at all lmao
  3. They needed to actually focus hard on him to see him when he is moving
  4. (my fav one so far) The cloak was fully transparent for them aka they saw trough him even if he was close to them and moving or running, basically 98-99% transparency… in other movies sometimes its 100% lol

But however in game its basically 90-95 Transparency for you as a predator sometimes and like it goes from 0 to 100 transparency lmfao which doesnt make sense honestly… im saying 0 cause when u move the textures go all bonkers… and 100 cause when u stand still its fine lol.

Hate to burst your bubble but there’s a whole scene with Mac and Dillion that disproves a bunch of that.

Mac spots him in the trees

Dillion quite clearly watches him come in for the kill.

But cloak sucks in this game no doubt

1 Like

That’s what I’m talking about, technically his camouflage refracts light, right? This means that the more objects around, the easier it is for a cloak to hide you, I am not a physicist and I am sure that below there will be a clever man who will explain it more clearly, in other words, if a predator stands in camouflage on the hangar roof and twitches, okay, you can see it perfectly because the camouflage does not have time to process the open space around, but if he moves through the jungle, then you can barely see him, ideally, the player should not even quite understand whether he saw something or it seemed to him, this will create another level of immersion and anxiety.

1 Like

UNO REVERSE CARD in motion… woosh.

I already talked about this on the forums and got in a debate, the only reason they saw him is cause first of all script said so, camera effects for us viewers, and my most favorite is that when it zooms in u can see him… but before camera zooms in he is fully transparent and invisible…

That scene is faulty due to camera effects back then, the modern movies do it better lol… such as avp 1 2, predators 2010.

But however that was the only movie scene being faulty and illogical from OG movie… Directors cut had extra POV OR FOV of predator as he was stalking them down even before they reached camp lol… And they didnt see him at all…

1 Like

Light particles are bouncing off from everywhere and even in hangar btw, simple physics really honestly i kid u not its real lmao.

But yeah basically its actually same thing really, some even said that pred cloak wouldnt work when its night time but Moonshine is also giving light particles but very low count…

But all of that is pointing on the fact that their cloaking tech is very sensitive to the light particles so it can cloak even easily on like 0.1% of particles lol… well roughly if no light he would still get cloaked cause of how light works i guess… now to define light particles thats deep physics

Well…like my daddy used to say when I pointed out things like that as a wee lad “It’s their movie, they can do what they want.”
I feel it applies to video games as well. Not that I don’t agree with the principle, just call it what it is

1 Like

Haha, okay, maybe my attempt to tie anti-scientific technology to our human physics has failed a bit. but at least I tried, and nevertheless I’m sure that it would help the predator a lot, I’m still terribly annoyed by the idea of some players to make him more tanky, I’m still for stealth and lethality than for a face roll of 4 people with a spear.

I guess, it all depends really… like idk honestly we can all agree on illfonic did a bad bad when doing predator cloak textures as they get messed up lol for fireteam POV, preds POV is fine i guess

Constant balance changes wont help… literally it even says the word “Constant” which indicates its there and its not stopping…

Mechanics however will help, and i also did a post that oldkinghamlet said he will take a read and send it to the team But he cant promise it will get added, either way we shall see what happens…

My Before before idea was to improve cloak and add sort of Depth of field to it once in distance…

So distance gets blurry and u cant disable that effect its kind of part of the game lol.

Either way the textures are semi messed up, around cinematic level his cloak looks better from distance due to color shift in textures and shadow distance etc…

However yeah idk man basically their tech is adapted so the small amounts of light particles is enough to support predators cloaking ability.

Found them btw!

This is in no shape or form edited to benefit my argument this is literally from the movie lmao… and the camera zooms in and u can see his cloak i guess… but its still transparent!

If we globally approach the element of stealth in the game, then I would like the squad to try to move as quietly as possible between the camps or mission points, the density of AI units patrolling the forest can be increased so that random noise can very easily give out the squad. I would increase the cooldown of the predator by an isolating impulse, and make it so that it would highlight the ISOLATED target when there is not a single ally next to it, after all, there should be an element of hunting, tracking, if you like. I would also like classes like Scout and Hunter to be able to scan FT tracks to determine which direction they are moving, which I think is much more interesting than just pressing a button and seeing where the players are now.

1 Like

The game already has interesting small details, does anyone besides me pay attention to the temperature of dead bodies when they lose sight of FT? The warmer the body, the less time has passed since his murder, these are the things I miss in the game.

1 Like

That’s way better than what we have now

2 Likes

That comes down to the whole game rework which im down to have honestly lol… as the core mechanics are all messed up starting from how game functions and what we are able to do, same goes for AI… AI honestly has like laser aim and also wall hacks apperently lmao… but oh well…

Umm what i proposed for instead of thermal isolation, we have similar ability but its sort of an a mode…

So its a combo of a ability and a scan mode that lets ur HUD trace any sort of sound to the origin of the place which we saw that predators can do that easily in many movies lmao…

Basically when a triangulation of laser /_\ like this and follows or tracks the source of sound lol

Yeah i noticed haha, altho i wish we can use those small details to add mechanics such as carrying a dead pig and the colder it gets the less it heals u as a pocket heal sort of… instead of eating right away.

Same goes with me wanting to skin the bodies lol

The balance is cool and changing the numbers from time to time is great, but … it seems to me that in the HUNTING mode we lost our hunting passion. We do not hunt, we hit each other on the head with sticks until one or 4 heads break. The predator should become quieter and more deadly, I would give the wheel of mimicry ALL in the hands of the predator, so that he himself could produce all sounds at will, starting from the usual click and ending with a roar. + when will the predator start imitating phrases with the voices of the squad members? If there is Dutch in detachment 4, then I would like the predator to shout “here” in Dutch’s voice. Well, in general, I think that the FT would not be prevented by the stealth bias in the tasks, and the FT would have been done less in the camps, but more deadly in general, now there are tons of them, but they bite no more than mosquitoes, I remember Dutch who ran from me around the helicopter under fire for about 30 soldier, this is ridiculous. Let there be not 30 but 5, but they will pose a threat.

1 Like

And one more thing, in the game you need to increase the value of collecting trophies, now you don’t need to rip out skulls for anything other than experience. I think this is incorrect, a long execution should have a reward, for example, after reinforcement, a fighter whose maximum health was executed by a long execution will be reduced by 50 or something like that. Now you can just plug the enemy on the ground with a bow, this is so-so hunting

1 Like

Basically a game called Evolve had it all down with asymmetrical game style lmao…

the hunters returned with less HP lmao… after killed

Yes, and it was a great idea. You’re talking to one of the best Krakens on the planet when the game was still alive …