You know, the cloak from the movie makes sense.

Ur talking to the best hank/lazarus/Sunny player lmao…

It’s just … I don’t know how to reward a player for an execution. And one more thing. what the hell does a predator have only 1 animation when FT sees different? What the heck? Take my veritanium but give me nice finishing moves!

1 Like

I want Body skinning death animation if that will be a gear they add… Tree net that skins people if they walk in when low HP lol

I thought about a snare that suspends FT at the level of a branch and a predator can animate like a stealth kill, only with the skin being removed.

1 Like

Cloaking Science Explanation Incoming (with a hint of quantum physics):
So, from what we are given in the movies and in this game, a Pred cloak works by bending light particles around the predator. Now, photons, the particles that make up visible light are actually a massless particle of electromagnetic waves, and EM waves travel in a straight line, with one exception. That one exception is a black hole, which bends light towards and around it. The only way we can see black holes with visible light are the distortions in light around it, or matter that is being sucked into the center. To avoid going on a tangent about black holes, I will only talk about the important things to this discussion. The best way to visualize this would be a stream of water flowing in one direction, and put a rock in the middle of the water. The water flows around it, and if the water was colored, we would see the distortions in flow. The way we see colors is that our eyes pick up on the EM frequencies not absorbed by an object, so this cloak would have to work in all directions so that all light not absorbed can bounce back to our eyes. The aforementioned distortions actually fit quite nicely with the bending photons around the cloaked Predator, and would provide a likely explanation for the black hole theory because it would provide the same distortions as black holes. Given that in The Predator 2018, the Predator ships made holes in space time, this is actually within reason for their level of technology. The Yautja would only need a smaller, less powerful personal unit that can only bend space time for EM waves, and because EM waves have no mass so it would be much easier to bend than actual matter like teleportation, this is the best theory I have come up with yet.
So, in summary, when cloaked the predator bends light through space time distortions similar to those of a black hole, and those distortions bend photons around the predator instead of being absorbed by the Yautja.
Another possible is quantum tunneling that the predator only allows EM frequencies to tunnel through and back through the cloak, but how that would be even remotely able to be accomplished with technology is beyond me.

2 Likes

Yeah. You’re still wrong. Here are stills. Before the camera zooms in, the predator is out of focus, but it’s there right as it comes into focus. It’s hard to see because it’s not moving much, but the distortion is there. I’m not saying cloak shouldn’t work better at longer range, especially for balance, but this is what was in the original movie.

Link to video.

This isn’t a true metamaterial but it accomplishes a similar effect. Below is an wiki on how real Metamaterials work.

The Predators cloak is an energy field that is duplicating the behaviour of metamaterials that effect visible light.

I’ve always assumed that the cloak was “bending the light,” but somehow the interaction was causing distortion of the light, like when light travels through water.

I will tell you a simple thing that most of you do not understand. In the first film, Dutch and his team had no idea they were being watched by an alien, but we know it. In the game we have in mind whether we see the cloaked predator because we know how he is… We know he is in the game… Imagine playing a call of duty campaign and being watched by a predator, but without knowing it, do you think even 1% would see him? no way. What I am trying to say is that we know about what to expect… they did not know. And if a predator is watching you in your room now, you will not see him. In the game, predator is 100% invisible when standing still for that reason … cause we know how he is cloaked … so they need to balance the game … basically imagine any game you want, your favorite game. … God of war, Hitman, resident evil … and without knowing it they put in a predator … To watching you … Without being able to be 100% invisible when standing still… Just cloaked … YOU WILL NEVER SEE HIM COMING… Predator cloaking device is almost perfect…even in the game that we know hes here with us cloaked, sometimes we cant see him we lose him in front of our eyes… Imagine those guys in the first movie… They didnt have a clue…

2 Likes

There are multiple spots from where the pred can shoot ranged weapons inside settlements and not even enter them. You also have lots of travel time between objectives. A buff to camo as described by the OP needs to come with other rebalancing.

@ kostaschris92 False, in the first film the pred was quite visible even when standing still, up in the trees. It took time for the team to figure out what was going on and what’s happening. The game version of camo, aside for some bugs is how it was in the films.

Rebalancing is in the direction of a secretive game from FT, a decrease in the number of ai with an increase in their lethality will allow you to pass through the jungle carefully and without unnecessary noise, all sorts of devices such as mines and stretch marks for FT will allow them to more effectively hold a position, in ideal FT conditions per game in general should not meet a predator face to face so that all 4 players can see him, he should snatch people 1 at a time in a turmoil creating an atmosphere of chaos and disorder, I would also like the player’s interface that allies cannot see displayed with a slight delay, so that it is not immediately it is clear that your friend was executed, and then when the panic would have subsided you found his corpse and such “OH YOU DAMN!”

1 Like

You will have to remove the ability for preds to trigger alarms, preds ability to cover the entire map in a few leaps, the ability of preds to see your foot steps (the perk). This would mean quite a huge nerf to predators to even try to make the game stealthy as you propose. There is a reason why nobody even bothers with silencers.

No, let them raise the alarm, this is logical, it just won’t spawn a MILLION soldiers, but a squad of 4-5. The mobility of the predator does not need to be curtailed, as well as the ability to see traces with a perk, it is enough to remove the ability to highlight the squad with an impulse at the beginning of the match, and, in principle, remove this stupid highlight. What about the trail perk - just weaken it, you shouldn’t remove it, reduce the lifetime of traces.

If they can trigger alarms its back to square one when the ONLY reason why you would go stealthy is GONE! No reason to even equip silencers if the pred can just trigger those alarms before you get there. There is NO stealth play for FT.

The preds ability to move needs a massive nerf under this scenario, not just a small one. They can cross the map and find you extremely fast, more so considering the limited number of camps where you can do missions.
The pred can trigger isolation even before you can mud up at the start of the game. There is a reason why any good predator is on the FT extremely fast as the game begins. If a minute passes and I don’t see the pred I KNOW as a fact that the pred is bad.

I know you just want to buff the pred and keep everything as it is but seriously. try to be less obvious eh? Everything I’ve said in the above posts make any type of stealth play from FT impossible.

As I say, I am for the COMPLETE removal of isolation to find FT, I do not understand how the ability for a predator to trigger an alarm interferes with FT stealth, you hide from the predator, not from the AI, if there are 5 more of them in the camp, you can still quickly clear them without return fire, moreover, as I said above in the camp, the predator is weaker, you can dig in there and already figure out what to do next, maybe the blende grenades will start to work) The predator’s strength is in the movement of the predator, let him scout the map if you move Carefully and you are covered in mud, even now it is easy to miss a couple of players in front of you.

The AI span everywhere, including behind you. The noise when engaging the AI is a clear indication to where the FT is! If a pred can’t find the FT by gun shots then he is a bad pred, a good pred only uses isolation for finding pigs since its so easy to find the FT anyway. Missions themselves trigger AI that find you even when the pred can’t!! You can’t hide from AI once the alarms are triggered.

People who can’t find the FT now are not good predators, no offence but its piss easy to find then trough multiple ways.

Now isolation is NEEDED in the game for casuals and new players. I can’t be removed.

These are questions for improving the AI, I’ll touch on this topic someday, but yes, the current spawn of the AI that sees you through walls and always comes at you is a problem that it would not hurt to solve before introducing an improvement to the stealth system as a whole. The AI must have spawn logic. Like … they always go from camp to camp or something.

If you think they can implement something like that, you have far more fate in the devs then me lol

Heh … you know. I really want this game to give an experience that would be a worthy alternative to the DBD, I really want this game to give a movie-worthy experience, I’m not just constantly talking about improving stealth, improving the predator class system, I want FT to have and other, invisible tasks, the achievement of which is necessary for victory, I want it to matter WHAT predator against you, I want the classes to have personality and not a difference of 1 bar in stats, I want that if I came to the slaughter of pigs, I would be surprised that pigs are mined and 4 guks, smeared with mud, are waiting for me in the forest. I want FT to use the brain. Yes, you will say again that “Everything is for casuals”, but you know me guys, I’m a romantic)

Except, Illfonic needs to change the way the cloak renders at long distances, because it starts to look grey and darker than its surroundings.

This is on PlayStation. It’s even worse on PC with low rendering distances and other lowered settings.

1 Like