Zack Snyders Justice League

Anyone excited to see this?

3 Likes

I am, but not because I have any expectations. I just want to see what he can do in the editing room.

Not in the least

1 Like

A 4 hour long edit of a bad movie. I think Snyder thinks hes Kurosawa. I’ll pirate it though.

2 Likes

I’m good on all comic book movies unless they are a true reflection of their source material

Batman 89

And Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man are the only two worth noting IMO

1 Like

DC movies are largely just bad with no redeeming qualities is my problem with them lol.
Video game cgifests they dont even try.

1 Like

Batman 89 literally could not be further from the source material. Just a few points:

-Joker is directly responsible for Batman
-Batman is directly responsible for Joker
-Bruce sleeps upside down, cuz bats
-Batman uses guns and kills

Certainly can’t be worse than the original.

lol
I would watch Nolan put together a pretentious 4 hour batman movie though if we get more tom hardy bane & ridiculous heist sequences. And the football field scene was memorable.
Snyder just an ideas guy with no wranglers.

It was the closest than any other attempt

Batman Begins was almost there

…did you miss the Nolan trilogy?

The dark knight got the joker right

It didn’t feel like gotham city though

Dark knight rises is best forgotten as the best thing to come out of it was the bane rap

Not even that he’s a visuals guy, his bread and butter is cinematography. Still, I’d be happy for a 4th nolanverse batman. As long as Snyder is kept in the editing room with armed guards monitoring him.

Its the most character development batman has ever gotten period. And gave us memes

No the comics developed his character better than any movie ever could

1 Like

Nah I’d argue Ledger joker was as far removed from the source than Phoenix joker. Not saying it wasn’t great, just that Nolans joker was indeed too serious and thematically dark. Joker should be bright and colorful, bombastic and flamboyant, and obviously makes light of dark things. The pencil trick was Joker, remaining 2hrs of the film… not so much.

Rises wasn’t that bad, it just took too many liberties while desperately holding on to the realism from the first two for dear fucking life lol magic knee brace, broken spine fixed with a punch to the back, dropping a nuke a few miles from Gotham and no fallout (cue pump up the jam), shoehorned in Talia (cuz that actress totally pulled some favors at some point.)

Begins was probably my favorite in the trilogy, and just for finally having a movie with scarecrow.

Nolan’s weakpoint is fight scenes (extras just shoving eachother around in the background). I think he designs everything around the soundtrack and whatever the set gimmick is. Then he sprinkles in the actual writing after. All his movies have a couple unique major cinematic sequences that stick with you even if the context makes no sense.

Snyder just reminds me of Paul WS Anderson with a bigger budget

Joker is a nurse outfit is serious?

Joker has been plenty dark in the comics

Definitely a weakness. In both dark knight and rises, there’s background characters that just kinda punch the air and fall over. Not sure how no one in production saw an issue with that.

1 Like

That’s a pretty joker thing to do

1 Like