12 second shit show

all situational… good preds wont shoot till your back is turned so they don’t have to move. But again depends on whats going on.

If you read the whole comment you would see that I’m a FT main, and parrying is ridiculous in that FT will always kill the Predator if they know how to parry correctly. Parry should be a defensive move, and after 4 quick consecutive parries the FT should be physically exhausted and unable to parry again until a cooldown has been satisfied. It needs some serious rework and consideration so that it doesn’t get abused, and then close combat is more viable for the Predator player.

1 Like

Combi is 128ndown wind… any hs will down anyone except suppt… i think its like 168 dmg

I don’t care what you “claim” to be. Parry has already been nerfed once and its the only counter to melee. Its already more complicated to parry then to melee (to melee you smash 1 button). What, you want the predator to kill people with 1 arm as he uses the other to pick his nose as the FT needs insane skill to parry a simple attack?

If someone knows how to parry and you insist to kill him in melee from the front so he can parry you, instead of chipping away at his health you deserve to lose. You are supposed to attack from the back and sides. If he turns to you, you leap away, jump over him.
If someone ends up doing 3-4 parry on you, then you deserve to lose.

It does not need any rework, what predators need to do is play the class as a stealth assassin and not superman. What you want is for marines to be sitting ducks that can at best block but you eventually win no matter what. That is not how it should be, the predator needs to work a bit to win and not assuming any melee engagement equals in a win for him.

2 Likes

I can survive on Dutch since I run extra health perk (175) and the perk that reduces predator damage. What’s even better with combistick throw is that it can go trough 2 people (at least). I noticed a predator getting 2 of us in a line with it (inside a house). Really loved that game, the predator was damn good and he ended up winning, my entire team was on PC with mics (randoms) but everybody played well. That was a good game.

2 Likes

since lots of people keep saying parry needs to go… how about we get force shields á la Halo, so we can protect ourselves from the Predator’s plasma caster… Imma rite? LOL

Plasma is ranged, melee is close range. What that would do is get predator to use other weapons or just go for melee since you’re a sitting duck.
They should just give us a shield(normal one) to block. If you block you can’t attack but the predator can’t harm you from the front. I think that would remove a lot of the frustration. Just make the shield slow and stun the creature a bit so you can get distance. Then both would need to switch to ranged weapons or run away.

Another thing youngbloods should consider is melee is really meant for finishing off your prey. Wait til they’re doused in crimson before melee attacks. One more thing. Hand to hand combat is the most highly regarded among the Yautja and the hardest to master. Youngbloods should rely on the pistol and shoulder cannon until they are seasoned enough to use more advanced techniques

@StoagieSteve420 Ask and you shall receive

4 Likes

I’ve had a few matches where, after downing all my team, I asked the Predator to face me on hand to hand, no weapons, no cloaking. I always die, but is a fun match and an honorable death. Does not feel like defeat, specially when you manage to survive more than a minute.

*insert clip of Pred killing Dillon"

2 Likes

What? Why? I would like a personal shield. Finally us humans would have more advanced tech then the pred.

1 Like

1 Like

So if you dont care, why are you responding?
Your response makes no fucking sense.
Hes simply talking, but your here just trying to shut him down and basically yelling at him that hes wrong.

And you bitched about the combi lol.
I’d rather deal with the combi and not the fkn sword. That thing is a huge pain in the ass.

Either way, my point is chill the fuck out. Cause your 2 responses make you seem like your incapable of conversation, especially when you respond how you did to someone who wasnt being as asshole or anything.

1 Like

I don’t care what he claims to be (main FT) not his points. If he is or not adds no value to the argument and its not something I can check, now can I?!

I am just yelling at him? I do think I’ve made arguments in that post? Did you read it?

I did not bitch about the combi, I said how much damage it does. The points I raised with the combi is the ranged version not the melee one. Also check why I’ve broth up the damage of the combistick, it was a reply to someone else who commented on it.

If anything I think you’re the one that needs to calm down. I provided arguments to what he said. I did not see you providing any arguments to what I said. Your entire post was just attacking me and providing nothing of value in return.

1 Like

So you dont think parry is too easy to do as is?
My problem with you, is how you responded.

Go re read everything. All he was doing was saying his thoughts on the matter, then you came at him tryna talk to him like hes a dumbass instead of simply stating why you disagree.

I’ve played enough of both sides, and I get what your saying about attacking from a different angle.
But at the same time, I think parry is way too easy to pull off.

For the duration of its stun anyway. Your comment of him “wanting marines to be sitting ducks” makes no fucking sense. Why would, logically, an ft main want the main thing they play to be useless?

I’m calling you out on coming across as an asshole for no reason, especially to someone who wasnt being rude or ignorant in anyway.

Parrying is too easy. All you have to do is make sure your facing them, and keep doing a heavy stab.

Make the parry harder to do, require more timing.
And give the ft a side step or something that requires around 75% stamina to use, or leaves them winded for about 1.5 seconds, like a leap slam, so it’s only viable if the ft is watching each other.

Honestly both sides should have a dodge, and the pred should have a charge attack to go through parries.
But given how close it would be to dark souls I’m not sure how many ppl would like it.

But this game is a bitch to balance.
I dont want parry gone. But I do think it’s too easy.
Either way, I gave you my thoughts on parrying and a bit on combat as a whole.

But my original point, was you were unnecessarily being an asshole, and a smart ass.

1 Like

Remove the heavy attack’s parry frames and its already a million times better. Doesn’t even make sense that heavy attacks can parry, its an offensive stab?

Just do something with the slash speed so FT’s not just swinging wildly & getting parries.

I agree with taking parry out of the heavy stab, as for the regular stabs, I just want it to require exact timing.
Like other games with parries.

Probably too much to ask for with lag. Just make the swings require some thought rather than running at the pred mashing it.

Did not consider latency or lag.
I wanna say ya, decrease the speed, but I don’t want ft to be completely fkd.

I wish we could test shit out like this.
Be able to change stuff up in private matches.