12 second shit show

I really don’t think you’re reading what I am posting. I said parry is already harder then using melee. For parry you need to time it well to do good, for melee with the predator all you’re doing is smashing attack button in his face. So its harder, increasing the difficulty of parry would translate into a need to also raise the difficulty of melee attacks for the predator or less skilled predators are going to defeat the more skilled FT because attacking is more easy then defending. You need to have a balance or you’re going to have zerkers rushing in melee all over again.

I don’t need to go back to read anything he said, I know what he said. I also don’t think he needs you to speak in his name, I do think he is capable of speaking for himself. I did not call him a dumbass or spoken to him that way, now you’re using your own opinion to insinuate things I never said.

See?! This is why I said being a FT main is irrelevant since its not something I can collaborate, now you are using that to support your case. Now remove parry or making it even harder and marines are going to be sitting ducks to melee unless you are running around with 4 man premades. Its already been nerfed once!

Then you’re calling me an asshole and a smartass and I am the rude one. You know, if you want to claim you have any type of high grounds, you have to at lest try to refrain of trowing all types of insults at me. You will noticed I used NO insults in my post to him or you.

Oh yes, just make sure you’re facing him! Why did we not think of that?! Are you refering to noobs? Because you are not going to do that to experienced predators! They have 3’th person view and can decide when to attack and from what angle.
You want to nerf the fireteam instead of actually playing the predator right as many other predators do.

Tell you want, challenge any predator that is good around here to a melee fight, when you win get back to me and we can talk about nerfing the FT melee, ok? I can’t wait to see the video of you doing it. Now if the predator is going to destroy you in melee and you still want to nerf parry… I don’t know what to say.

EDIT: Here have a look at this video. This is how a pro predator engages in melee(starts at around 3:13):

Both the predator and marine are pro players. Let me know if you think you can do better in a 1v1 environment with this guy, ok?

That’s what we want.
Instead what you do currently is equip your knife and run into the pred swings heavy attacking and you will get a parry and a free followup heavy attack due to the swing speed just mashing the button without an ounce of thought. But lets pretend this is difficult for the sake of your argument.

If your argument is that zerkers will rush you, you can still parry with light attacks. It makes 0 sense heavy attacks are basically a melee shield for the duration of the animation dude.

2 Likes

Try to watch the above video and see how a pro does it against another pro. That is how you fight 1v1.

Aside for that come from the back and sides, the marine is not going to parry you. There is a reason why the devs gave marines 1’st person perspective.

Now if all you do against a predator is run at him doing heavy attacks you’re DEAD!

I’ve asked the same of the other guy, find a good predator around here(the ones that did not die in months) and do a video of you destroying him in melee. Please do. I bet he is going to eat you alive, then come back to me and explain to me how that needs nerfs.

Get 1 swing instantaneously parried and shoot them with the bow instead because melee is shit. Yes.

Now focus. Again what’s your defense for heavy attacks having parry frames?

No, parrying is just as easy, cause it only takes one button. And pro?

Neither one of these are pro.
First off, using potatoe mode. Second, he just did a leap slam cancel at the start and you consider that good?
Third the dude didnt stick to melee, he shot an arrow.
If you’re going to try to make an argument on melee show someone who sticks to it.

Unfortunate for you, that you think I’m being rude, I didnt insult you. I said that’s how you’re coming across.
I swear a lot, so if you’re getting offended or think I’m rude cause if that, I dont know what to tell ya. It’s just how I speak.

I called you out because you were trying to completely shut him down, instead of simply saying why you disagree.

You shouldnt of used this video to try to prove your point. You got a dude spamming a leap slam exploit. Using potatoe mode. And if it’s the same Russian ft, they use potatoe mode as well, which, is just bull shit.

Also what kind of pro ft gets separated that badly?

Did you noticed he took him down in melee? Probably not.

As for parry frames I need no defense, I did not put it in, the devs did. Ask them, not me.On the other hand I can tell you good predators get around that with no issues.

I will repeat what I said before. Show me a video of you destroying with your heavy attacks the best predators on this forums and I will agree with you that it needs nerfs. But if they destroy you in melee we can probably stop this argument eh?

So far you got 3 ppl telling you parry is too easy.
But if this is the hill you wanna die on.

1 Like

Oh Fire, you think you can do better against that premade? You think those are not pros? Oh boy, ok.
Of course he did not stick to using melee since he is a pro compared to other players, he noticed the knife was out and that guy knew how to parry so he had to create an opening, YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!

Tell you what, I asked this of you before. You keep dodging it. Fine the best predators around here and show the community how you are destroying them in melee with your melee attacks. Post videos.

So you think those are not insults? So if I reply to you right now and say that you come across as a complete retard, that would not be an insult? Ok there, if you say so. Personally I think those are insults.

EDIT:
I can find you a lot of people believe the Earth is FLAT, it does not make it true. Search for “argumentum ad populum”

Wait so I get a team of supports with knives and the pred runs around swinging a combistick? Really how do you think this plays out? Oh no poor FT is in first person and parrying is so hard.

Again, post a video of you beating experienced preds in 1v1. Shows us how its done. You just made a strawman when I said 1vs1 enviroment. If its a team enviroment you’re supposed to play as the guy in the video, not rush blinding in melee. Now you want to win 1v4s?

Oh its 1v1 now in a team game? What happened I thought parrying was difficult?

As I said before, you want to charge in and defeat all 4 openly? This was about 1 guy facing you with a knife. If all 4 are on you, you’re supposed to melt!

The guy in the OPs video didnt 1v1 him you tard the stun window got him killed in a few seconds after he instantly whipped his knife out and just stood on the edge swinging. Again whole things a strawman why do you think heavy attacks should do more damage AND have additional parry frames?

Oh now you’re turning to insults. I would have hopped you read the conversation between me and Fire before joining in… I probably expected to much…

Now why they should do that? because its a longer attack. Fast attacks are FAST. I am not the one that designed this game.

Arguing amongst ourselves isn’t going to change anything either way so how bout we not do that? Just let people have their opinion. You don’t have to agree. It’s ok.

1 Like

Hey, at least I am keeping it civil.

1 Like

Dude you got a discord?
Or are you on ps4 by any chance?

It’s kind of impossible to have a conversation with you via typing.

You’re not on the same page, and I feel we’re talking about different shit. Itd be easier to actually talk about this I feel. Cause right now, via typing, this feels pointless.

1 Like

I do think there’s nothing else to talk about. You think it needs a nerf, I think its well balanced and a good predator has no issues getting around parry. Let’s leave it at that.

Have a good day.

Exactly because melee is shit due to how easy parrying is.
Glad we could agree nerf heavy attacks.

Its not shit since he killed that guy with melee. The thing is you’re not supposed to only smash attack frontally, you’re supposed to create openings and chip at the marines health before dropping in to finish him with melee.