87 free to all

I see. Sorry about accusing you, then

When was the last AVP content released anywhere besides comics?

Also yeah I can’t really remember the importance of it being canon in our argument, anyway. I think it was arbitrary.

My argument was just that being able to play as the Predalien would be too absurd to make any sense or be appropriate since the Predalien is a xenomorph with Yautja characteristics, and not at all even related to any sect of the culture of Yautja or even a creature that hunts. It’s focus is to just kill and reproduce.

I think maybe it could work as a boss in a PvE Predator versus Alien mode but that’s about the extent.

Either way, when it comes to classifying canon, obviously it matters if AVP is or isn’t. Which I believe it isn’t. Haven’t proved it yet though so it’s just an opinion at the moment.

Thank you, I’m not a troll or just here for the fights, I do enjoy them though. I may be a bit touchy about being told I’m threatening as that’s ban worthy and not a thing I want misinterpreted.

JH is best avoided though as it gets people super spun up. I really was just trying to warn you earlier.

PS. We know they’re coming Blood, just when it looks like we’re struggling, Xeno’s will arrive and save the day.

Predalien is more than a xeno with Yautja characteristics. It’s quite literally both species.

I think it could work in game easily but it would have to include xenos of every class

I don’t think it’s absurd at all.

Unless it’s just a predalien hunting FT but even then it can be explained easily.

Okay I getchu.

I think it’s important to realize how threatening something we don’t intend as a threat can be. Perhaps I’ve said threatening things as well without realizing it. Either way, sorry if I upset you in any way somehow, didn’t mean to but it’s difficult to argue a point to someone who wants no business with even acknowledging it. Seemingly so, anyway. And yes, noted moving forward.

This could be a thing. Also if they add a 3v1 all Predator mode the one will need to be something as powerful as the Assassin or Predalien. I think that route is more likely and as you said it will be like a boss fight.

Edit - not that I don’t think we will also get a vs Xeno mode, but like I said that will likely be way out in the future when we need to boost to the player base.

PS. I do dismiss people when arguing it’s… habit.

Well it’s a Xenomorph born from a Yautja. If AVP is canon within both universes, then it is biologically a xenomorph who’s adapted biological characteristics of Yautja DNA (or whatever the equivalent is). Which means it’s more of a Xenomorph with the physical attributes of a Yautja. Such as the dog alien from Alien3 or Big Chap from Alien. Each acquired characteristics from their respective hosts but maintained the majority Xenomorph design and mechanics.

My point is, I don’t entirely disagree with what you said but I believe it’s far more Xeno than Yautja.

Either way, it’s not an equivalent hunter in any way, shape, or form, to any average Yautja hunter in my opinion. In AVP canon it’s even referred to as an “abomination” which implies they do not see it even as a Yautja or Xenomorph.

It could work, in some capacity, in the game, but I doubt it could work as a playable creature unless in an exclusively AvP gamemode, and even then, the game’s formula is Fireteam versus Predator. I think adding Xenomorphs and Xenomorph classes to the game could greatly change it to something beyond what it was intended to be. In other words, it would compromise the design of the game. In my opinion.

I see I’ve entered a time loop

3 Likes

I agree it’s more xeno than Yautja

But Xenomorphs hunt also

I also agree xeno hunt would be a separate mode from FT hunt

This is what would keep it a Predator game and not an AVP game

Just for fun here’s my take on predalien vs ft

All that is needed is to show in the maps design that STGZ have been mixing xeno and pred dna and that the predalien has escaped

That’s okay. It’s easy to do so it probably happens naturally a lot of the time. Often it’s much less stressful to just dismiss the opponent and fight like a wall against them, rather than opening yourself up ans being intellectually vulnerable. It doesn’t mean you’re any less smart or that your argument is any less significant but it is immature. Understandable though, not holding it against you. I’ve done it sometimes myself.

Tbh as much as I hate “The Predator” I think the Assassin predator would fit better into the game than the predalien would.

Imagine like a Pyramid type of gamemode design.

16 Fireteam members playing a large-scale PvE mode trying to accomplish a small campaign across a huge map. All while four Bad Blood Predators, all a part of the same clan, hunt them down to kill them. All while another player playing as The Assassin hunts down the four Predators.

This is of course in the context of unlimited funding lol games aren’t easy to make.

Xenomorphs hunt to kill for territory or reproduce.

Yautja’s hunt for sport.

The two are just too different to justify fulfilling the same role in one game. Hunting Grounds is built on the back of hunting for sport and glory. Hunting as a creature just to kill wouldn’t make any sense, design wise, and would compromise the game. In my opinion.

I think AVP is deserving of it’s own standalone game. Maybe even just a remaster of AVP 2010

I think the intent of hunting for sport is irrelevant in terms of gameplay

Keep in mind the creature is still half Yautja and would have some yautja instincts like needing to prove oneself in combat

The predalien would be melee only and be able to do grab executions like Friday the 13th

It has built in cloaking and can fling it’s acid blood at FT when it’s injured

Larger HP pool

No healing

You’re right it doesn’t mean any of that. I think you should rethink making backhanded comments.

Excuse me, that’s a bit rude. I look forward to you trying to find my intellectual vulnerability, I’m sure you can do it. 😉

🙄, very smart sounding, nice exit.

The mode sounds fun.

Hunting for sport is irrelevant in “Hunting Grounds,” the game where you play as a species who’s whole culture is based around pricing yourself by hunting for sport?

The Predalien is too Xenomorph to have those instincts. All it did in the film, instead of hunting to prove itself was hunt to reproduce.

Seemingly the only attributes it gaines from Yautja were biological, not psychological. Like predlocks, mandables, likely some sort of thermal vision, physical strength and prowess, and aggressiveness. Every other attribute it has, physically and pshyologically, is seemingly purely Xenomorph. Meaning it does not hunt for cultural reasons. Nor could it even since Xenomorph “culture” is just animalistic hives and built to drive domination.

If the Predalien were to be a part of the game, it wouldn’t hunt for glory, it’s likely not even capable of understanding the subject, it would hunt for animal urges. Which, in my opinion, fails to align with the content and design of the game.

It wouldnt hunt for glory but it would hunt

So adding bad blood predators wouldn’t make sense either?

It would, and a FT would come and try and kill it, then some Pred’s would show up. It would be a party.

1 Like

Lol I’m being genuine. Just stating it as I believe it. Not trying to insult you or anything. Not accepting and acknowledging your opponents argument as possibly the correct one, and instead fighting them from the perspective of you being right and them wrong, no matter what IS immature. Not trying to attack you, sorry if it came off that way.

Opening yourself up in an argument to accept that you are wrong in some things or the like is to be intellectually vulnerable. That’s how I see it, anyways, but being vulnerable also opens you up to seeing more possible ways of looking at things, so it’s a trade-off. Don’t mean to be rude, just saying it like I believe it.

You’re right, yes, but that’s a false equivalency.

Just because something may hunt does not mean it belongs as the hunter in the game. The game is built around Yautja hunting traditions, specifically, and is designed from there outward. Birds hunt for worms, insects, and smaller birds, but that doesn’t make them appropriate to play as in the Hunter role. It’s about the context, and I believe the Predalien doesn’t fit it in the way you’re implying.

Thinking about it more, you do bring up some interesting points, and while I don’t agree, I do think the Predalien gas a better chance at fitting in the game in other places. Perhaps as a boss or a “unique challenge” or something in an AVP expansion DLC. Perhaps you get to play as Wolf for a mini campaign in a suburban area and the Predalien is the final boss. Then, if you can 100% the tiny campaign on the highest difficulty you can unlock Wolf or maybe the skull of the predalien as a Mythic trophy.

Being dismissive isn’t immature, it can be done for a lot of reasons.
I’ll try and be clearer next time.

I’m a tad confused as to how you think a point or thinking about it can make you vulnerable, emotionally we must approach information differently. Pick any point you want that you feel I dismissed and I’ll pull it apart if you’d like.

PS, I have no issue admitting when I am wrong. Others have seen me do it even while arguing with someone. A valid point will be acknowledged.

Dismissing an opponents argument rather than responding to it is avoiding the possibility of failure, that’s immaturity. The mature thing would be to answer it even if you could lose.

By vulnerability I just mean that you’re opening yourself up to possibly accepting that your opponent’s point is better than at least one of yours. It basically makes your argument vulnerable to lose, but if your argument is strong enough, or if you believe in it enough, usually it just means understanding what your opponent thinks and why they think it